Region 7A playoff teams

volfan007

ok guys, help out a 8a fan who is trying to figure it all out. If it is UC, Mckenzie, Gleason, and Lake from 7, and TCA, Man, fayette, and Halls from 8 - which is now pretty clear on this side, then :

Halls plays at UC

Gleason plays at Man

Lake plays at TCA

Fayette plays at Mckenzie

first, isn't this right?

Second, if UC, MAN, MCKENZIE, and TCA all win as the highest seeds, than who plays where next? I don't know how the brackets work past the first round - can anyone help folks who haven't been here before, please?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Butchie has about summed it up with his prediction of our region and playoff matchups. Home field is a big advantage so my guess would be each home team wins in the first round. If I had to pick an upset in the first round it would be either McKenzie or Union City going down. Your not going to beat 8A's home teams. 7A or 8A doesnt have anybody that could compete with McKenzie's team of last year, not even close.

This is just my opinion. Union City is the #1 seed in 7A but they are one dimensional and some stronger team down the road will sell out and stop their running game. Speed is a great athlete and is the heart and soul of their team but one man wont beat a good team. Union City can not pass and that will be the difference in a big game. McKenzie would beat Union City if they play again. Trinity or Manassas & maybe Fayette would beat Union City I think. Lake County might even beat Union City right now. I just dont think west Tennessee Class A football is up to competing with the South Pittsburg or even middle Tennessee schools this year. South Pittsburg would beat any team in 7A by 35 points this year. Just my opinion.

I think Butchie has about summed it up with his prediction of our region and playoff matchups. Home field is a big advantage so my guess would be each home team wins in the first round. If I had to pick an upset in the first round it would be either McKenzie or Union City going down. Your not going to beat 8A's home teams. 7A or 8A doesnt have anybody that could compete with McKenzie's team of last year, not even close.

This is just my opinion. Union City is the #1 seed in 7A but they are one dimensional and some stronger team down the road will sell out and stop their running game. Speed is a great athlete and is the heart and soul of their team but one man wont beat a good team. Union City can not pass and that will be the difference in a big game. McKenzie would beat Union City if they play again. Trinity or Manassas & maybe Fayette would beat Union City I think. Lake County might even beat Union City right now. I just dont think west Tennessee Class A football is up to competing with the South Pittsburg or even middle Tennessee schools this year. South Pittsburg would beat any team in 7A by 35 points this year. Just my opinion.

UC better watch out for west carrol next week. My gosh we are awful

UC better watch out for west carrol next week. My gosh we are awful

If UC had 11 D-I players with five players rushing for 1000 yards and two QB's with over a 1000 yards Greenfieldfan would say the same thing...

I'll take my chances with this team against any team in 8A....I would with McKenzie also...

One thing out of his post I do agree with is what he said about South Pittsburg and you could add Trousdale County..Would love to go see that game

If UC had 11 D-I players with five players rushing for 1000 yards and two QB's with over a 1000 yards Greenfieldfan would say the same thing...

I'll take my chances with this team against any team in 8A....I would with McKenzie also...

One thing out of his post I do agree with is what he said about South Pittsburg and you could add Trousdale County..Would love to go see that game

Now That Will be A Game.

ok guys, help out a 8a fan who is trying to figure it all out. If it is UC, Mckenzie, Gleason, and Lake from 7, and TCA, Man, fayette, and Halls from 8 - which is now pretty clear on this side, then :

Halls plays at UC

Gleason plays at Man

Lake plays at TCA

Fayette plays at Mckenzie

first, isn't this right?

Second, if UC, MAN, MCKENZIE, and TCA all win as the highest seeds, than who plays where next? I don't know how the brackets work past the first round - can anyone help folks who haven't been here before, please?

OK...I think this is how it is...If I'm wrong someone will let all of us know...My predictions are what I'll use...

1)Reg 7-1A @ Union City

4)Reg 8-1A Halls

2)Reg 8-1A @ Manassas

3)Reg 7-1A Gleason

2)Reg 7-1A @ McKenzie

3)Reg 8-1A Fayette Acd

4)Reg 7-1A Lake County

1)Reg 8-1A @ TCA

Then for the next round the winners will play at the higher seeded team....So,if the teams you mentioned win it would be...

1)Reg 7-1A @ Union City

2)Reg 8-1A Manassas

2)Reg 7-1A McKenzie

1)Reg 8-1A @ TCA

After that I'm pretty sure that if your winners are different seeds you play at the higher seeded team,if you have two winners with the same seed I'm not sure if it is predetermined or how you proceed from there..It's been so long since UC has been that far,I don't remember...McKenzie fans should know...

**For all you folks that have teams that could still make it,I'm just using these teams as examples...I know there is alot of football left to play and all this could change**

Another great one will be Henry Co. and Maryville if both make it

B. In all Class 1A, 3A, 4A and 5A play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the procedure shall be rotated in the third round and semifinals.

C. In the third round and semifinals of Class 1A, 3A, 4A and 5A, if two teams from the same region play each other, the higher seeded team shall be the host.

The above is from tssaa.org for the third and semifinal rounds.