Blackman fans

boneal52

No one really answered the first post, but what do you guys think of the recent scrimmage with Centennial? As a CHS alumni and fan, I was obviously pleased with the afternoon's work, but what do you guys think? Was Blackman off their game? Were they just outplayed? They definately were not outmatched. Blackman had a fine looking squad. Good size and speed. They were MUCH faster than CHS, but I think Centennial just came out on top of their game and made the plays when needed. I hope the energy shown out there carries over into the coming weeks. Good luck to Blackman this year.

Now, c'mon. Not one single reply? I am not trying to be menacing towards Blackman with this post, I just want info to know what the true meaning of a well played scrimmage was. It helps to know both sides. All spring and summer I saw Blackman fans and players all over this board with hopes and sometimes taunts of glory to come. And maybe rightfully so, as I feel Blackman has a great team. Well coached, with good on-feild character. But when they stumble to a young Centennial squad all the posts fade off into the night?

Posted by boneal52:

Now, c'mon. Not one single reply? I am not trying to be menacing towards Blackman with this post, I just want info to know what the true meaning of a well played scrimmage was. It helps to know both sides. All spring and summer I saw Blackman fans and players all over this board with hopes and sometimes taunts of glory to come. And maybe rightfully so, as I feel Blackman has a great team. Well coached, with good on-feild character. But when they stumble to a young Centennial squad all the posts fade off into the night?

Hey boneal52,

Good to hear from you again! Here goes I didn't want to comment,(DON'T FORGET YOU ASKED) no excuses just the facts! Basically the injury bug has ripped us but HARD! We had 6 key starters & leaders out with injuries (5 Seniors)! SR. Rico Tuner starting RB/CB, SR. Micheal Maupin starting FB, Sr. Ed Mays starting DE, SR. Wes Martin starting WR/SS, SR. David Hargis starting OL, Jr. Steve Himes starting DL. We had alot of 2nds and a couple 3rds substituting in key positions on the 1st string units for these guys(offense & defense). Besides that we didn't play as well as we should have either! I will say this, Centennial did come ready to play friday and looked better than I have seen them in the last 2 years! We had a few shiny spots at best!! Needless to say the Blackman coaches were disappointed with that outing! That was our bad day it's over and we will overcome it! We've had some good practices since then and we should be getting some of our starters back friday and next week! God willing! With that said good luck to Centennial, and don't bad mouth me for answering your question the way I saw it, PLEASE!

Your friend,

Slim589

[Edited by slim589 on 8-14-02 1:55A]