Division II Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

Big Owl you are right. Sam Williams is a junior at Baylor and is an incredible runner. Coach T I hope you will consider Sam Williams. Through 8 games now Sam has 1350 yards and this has been against some of the best teams. MBA, BA, BGA and Knox Catholic to name a few. Baylor has not had a good year at all and that really makes it all the more impressive for Williams. Teams are keying on Sam almost every down and he continues to pile up the yards. He did not even play football last year....Sam will really be one to follow next year but he deserves serious consideration this year for honors.

Knox Catholic is not in Div II. What about the Williams kid from Baylor. I know they have not had a great year but he has. I think he has rushed for 100 yards in every game.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if i speak for everyone on CoachT, but im getting sick of the three Ensworth fans on here. Ever since yall beat MBA it seems like all you can do is talk about how great Ensworth is and how every other person is a bad sport or every team plays without class. Funny thing is your posts represent the average Ensworth student, parent, or graduate. The people iv'e gotten to know all think their better than everyone just because the school can afford a clocktower. You three students just post on here because you have nothing better to do at that school than play on your new apples in class. NEWSFLASH Ensworth has 0 gold balls. Start floating your boat when you get a few. In my opinion yall are the 4th best in DII anyway. We need some BA fans on here, they can talk since they have like 12 ships' or something crazy like that.

(I am completely unbiased towards Ensworth, I just thought i'd like to point that out)

You doing DII-A also?

2 horse race for the backs.

Everybody knows who Marlon Brown is...6-5 205 4.5 top recruit in the state of Tennessee...can go literally anywhere he wants. Senior at Harding. He's got something in the neighborhood of 700-800 yards receiving...around 300 yards rushing. No telling how many return yards. 16 or 17 TDs. He makes that offense work and really opens it up for the running game and the other receivers. Doesn't gripe when he's double and triple teamed.

Justin Williams 5-9 180 of Davidson is a one man wrecking crew. The sophomore back has right near 1,900 yards in 8 games. 29 touchdowns. Averages over 7 YPC and is averaging over 30 carries per game. He's scary behind that line and the blocking back. Two more years of facing him? Scary.

Ryan Dubois of SBEC has thrown for over 1,400 yards and around 200 rushing and 27 combined TDs rushing and passing but SBEC has had a tough time offensively against Harding and Davidson. He's a junior and can give it a run next year as well. This team would be in a world of hurt without this young man w/ both tailbacks having missed most of the year and a defense that's not been very salty.

RB David Skinner, RB Dane Wilson, and QB Andrew Brimhall at FACS cancel each other out. Those guys share the wealth and keep that offense going. Nobody is just dominant but they all make each other better. Fun team to watch. Unfortunate for them that they're all so equally good. They may not mind if they bring home the gold and finish undefeated.

Blake Tickle at TRA and Antwon Freeman at Bishop Byrne get honorable mention from me and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Harding utility man Drew Chick who's played WR, RB, and subbed in at QB when their starter was hurt. Drew played mostly QB last year but is always a heck of a threat running the ball. He's just a heck of a fun player to watch get after it. I'm sure I'm missing somebody else so forgive me if so.

Justin Willimas.......back............DA 262 carries 1900 yds after 8 games. 30 tds Sophomore

Blair Arrington.......lineman.......DA Football Finalist as a Sophomore. He is now a Junior.

Justin has a brother. I am curious where he will end up. DA? JPII?

Guest TheChosenOne

I believe the UGA coaching staff took a look at him last Friday after they saw Marlon Brown. Haven't seen him, but he sounds like a player.

Brunetti is quite a player. His development from last year to this year is impressive. I have watched him 3 different times this season and have been more impressed with each game. The move that he put on the young man from Olive Branch (a safety that is committed to Alabama) is worthy of anyone's highlight reel. He also has a gun for an arm. I saw him throw it about 75 yards through the air and was pretty sure that he did not fully have his feet set. he has flown under the recruiting radar thus far. I see him being either a kid who's name becomes hot over the Spring/Summer or as a kid that becomes a hidden gem for a coach who happens to pay attention to him.

The MUS line is good. Very disciplined and know their assignments. After facing an Olive Branch O-Line that was/is rated by Rivals as the #1 O-line in the country (obviously subjective), they will not be intimidated by anyone. I must say that that Olive Branch O-line was bigger than some college teams I have seen. All this accounted, I am not really sure that they have one single standout that would stand alone in an individual award category. More of a group assignment.

With that said, I have heard great things about the two young RB's from Ensworth. It seems that both are threats to score every time they touch the ball. I hope that I have the opportunity to watch them play at some point this season.

I am not saying this because I think you are an MBA fan, I am saying this because I think Ensworth is a whole lot better than you give them credit for. Also Ensworth put up its best rushing numbers against their best opponents because they haven't kept their starters in against their weaker opponents.

Funny. I wonder why all those sophomore parents that I know were complaining that their kids weren't getting on the field until late in the 2nd half despite the games being clearly in hand?

I don't know if i speak for everyone on CoachT, but im getting sick of the three Ensworth fans on here. Ever since yall beat MBA it seems like all you can do is talk about how great Ensworth is and how every other person is a bad sport or every team plays without class. Funny thing is your posts represent the average Ensworth student, parent, or graduate. The people iv'e gotten to know all think their better than everyone just because the school can afford a clocktower. You three students just post on here because you have nothing better to do at that school than play on your new apples in class. NEWSFLASH Ensworth has 0 gold balls. Start floating your boat when you get a few. In my opinion yall are the 4th best in DII anyway. We need some BA fans on here, they can talk since they have like 12 ships' or something crazy like that.

(I am completely unbiased towards Ensworth, I just thought i'd like to point that out)

I apologize if my comments have come across as arrogant or obnoxious, because that is certainly not my intention. I certainly don't think that people who go to Ensworth are better than everyone else. I'm also not saying that EHS is the best DII football program. All I'm saying is that right now, this season, EHS is the best team in DII East/Middle. I don't claim to know much about the Memphis schools, so I won't say the best in the state. The bottom line is that EHS is undefeated, they knocked off the defending state champs, and as such should be considered the best team until someone beats them. It one thing to be cocky, and its another thing to be proud of the accomplishments of some great young men (which is what the Mr. Football award is all about).

Unbiased, who are you trying to fool. Perhaps you re-read your post. Now that you have done that, it is obvious you are biased, jealous, etc. The poster is proud of the school, nothing wrong with that. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

To this point, after sifting through all the extraneous info on this board, it seems as if the "athlete" position is the most debatable. It also seems like there are a few front runners in Tavarres Jefferson, Brunetti, and maybe Wise. I dont know much about the award, I am assuming Juniors can also win the award but is that very likely. Hopefully we can talk about which players should be considered for the award because of their talent and leave the petty ranking arguments out of it.

I am not saying this because I think you are an MBA fan, I am saying this because I think Ensworth is a whole lot better than you give them credit for. Also Ensworth put up its best rushing numbers against their best opponents because they haven't kept their starters in against their weaker opponents.

Just saw It congrats to Ensworth already ranked 80th in the nation by Unapproved Website. Ahead of Misson Veijo and Independence, NC.

T. Jefferson is a stud so is the Orleans kid. They face much tougher competition than DA and Harding

Well considering Ensworth is ranked 80th in the country by rivals(and is the only team from TN on there) and beat out the best in the state(MBA, who was ranked 37th at the highest) I would say you and stbulldogs or whatever his name is are just jealous, and jealous that your team doesnt match up. Oh and BA has nothing top talk abou this year they were THE MOST OVERHYPED team in TN this year, came in ranked 10th in the country by USA today and look at them now.

Unbiased, who are you trying to fool. Perhaps you re-read your post. Now that you have done that, it is obvious you are biased, jealous, etc. The poster is proud of the school, nothing wrong with that. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Agreed. It seems that rackjackback34 has a chip on his/her shoulder. I am an Ensworth parent, and I have posted on this site numerous times. I love the school and the kids, and am surely somewhat biased. That's part of the beauty of this site . . . talking up your school and your kids . . . and trying to be open to others. But all of my posts are meant to be evenhanded. I like MBA, and the EHS victory was a big deal. Undertstand, and please be patient, this is new school still trying to establish traditions, and they beat a powerhouse in MBA, in a great game . . . and a school that has twice the number of young men available. It was a big deal. Beleive me, rackjackback34 . . . if you want to challenge people's biases, read some of the other posts on this site. There's much more grist for your mill.