Division II Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back-Spencer Wise MBA- Best QB in d-II. Great arm and can run. Good numbers. Knows how to win games.

Lineman-Scott Bubis MBA- Absolute animal who fills gap and is near impossible to block with one man.

Kicker-Andrew Fletcher MBA- Well duh....Best kicker in state. Hands Down.

Back- Tavarres Jefferson (EHS)

Lineman- Alex Bullard (BA)

Kicker- Andrew Fltcher (MBA)

Finalists for Back: Jefferson (EHS) maybe the best overall athlete in the state and is electrifying on the field. He is truly a threat to score at anytime and can play multiple positions

Brunetti (MUS) a big, fast, athletic leader who has really developed into a premier quarterback this season. He can run very well and his passing has really improved this season.

Wise (MBA) talk about a complete 180 from last year. Wise has learned to manage a game and throw the ball very well in addition to his mobility. Orleans would be on the list except for his injury

Finalists for Lineman: Johnson (MBA) a brutal force at tackle for the Big Red this season. Also plays some defense, being looked at by many top schools, a great finisher with a nasty side.

Bullard (BA) massive and athletic. BA is definitely more efficient when they run behind this road paver.

Bubis (MBA) this one might shock some, but watching this kid this year he is a true playmaker at the NOSE TACKLE position. He has a nose for the football and a serious nasty streak that I havent seen in a while.

Kicker: Fletcher (MBA) this is a no brainer. This kid will be playing on saturdays for sure! kickoffs into the endzone and a good field goal percentage to go with some long ones... this kid is special and he is only a Junior!

Anybody know when the finalists are announced?

For good measure, the top 3 backs I noted for DII-A seem to still be the most accomplished at the end of the regular season.

Jr. Ryan Dubois of SBEC finished with 2,077 yards passing, 29 TDs against only 5 picks along with 245 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs in leading SBEC to an 8-2 record and garnering the #3 seed in DII-A.

Sr. Marlon Brown of Harding finished with 760 yds and 11 receiving TDs and a stunning 21.1 YPC to go with 293 yds rushing and 3 TDs in an offense that, frankly, used him as a decoy a good bit plus he missed a couple of games along the way. I don't know his return yards and TDs but they were plentiful. Harding went 8-2 as well getting the top seed in DII-A

So. Justin Williams of Davidson put up some unreal numbers as he keyed the DA offense w/ an astounding 301 carries in 10 games for 2,268 yards and 33 TDs. DA likewise finished 8-2 getting the #2 seed in DII-A

Considering the youth of both the SBEC and DA squads, you'd figure both Williams and DuBois have chances to be in the running again next year w/ mostly intact squads coming back.

Finalists for Back: Jefferson (EHS) maybe the best overall athlete in the state and is electrifying on the field. He is truly a threat to score at anytime and can play multiple positions

Brunetti (MUS) a big, fast, athletic leader who has really developed into a premier quarterback this season. He can run very well and his passing has really improved this season.

Wise (MBA) talk about a complete 180 from last year. Wise has learned to manage a game and throw the ball very well in addition to his mobility. Orleans would be on the list except for his injury

Finalists for Lineman: Johnson (MBA) a brutal force at tackle for the Big Red this season. Also plays some defense, being looked at by many top schools, a great finisher with a nasty side.

Bullard (BA) massive and athletic. BA is definitely more efficient when they run behind this road paver.

Bubis (MBA) this one might shock some, but watching this kid this year he is a true playmaker at the NOSE TACKLE position. He has a nose for the football and a serious nasty streak that I havent seen in a while.

Kicker: Fletcher (MBA) this is a no brainer. This kid will be playing on saturdays for sure! kickoffs into the endzone and a good field goal percentage to go with some long ones... this kid is special and he is only a Junior!

Good predictions. I don't think Bullard will win it. He doesn't seem as nasty as some of the other lineman. Fletcher will obviously. I think the best player in DII has to be Tavaress though. He is a sick athelete. 2 stars in football 3 in basketball on Rivals. He looks like an autistic kid when he throws it but its accurate and hes got a great arm. He blows my mind. He reads the defense so well. Orleans is good, but he wouldn't have haalf as many yards without that QB.