Giles Co's band

bobcat93

upon arriving at the lipscomb game friday(on time about 40 min before the game started)i relized that the visitor section was full with the exception of two sections reserved for the band.as i waited at the interstate for my friends to show up so we could ride together i noticed the giles co. buses with band on them and the other trucks that haul the band equipment around getting on the interstate a good 20 min before i left.so i get to the game and the parents of the band bite my head off because i wanted to sit in stands a seat that i paid for.so needless to say i had to go sit on the lipscomb side and the band didn't even show up till the middle of the second quarter.do even know why they even showed up because they played at half time and the alma mater at the end of the game and thats it.if band is considered a sport stick to your own competitions and let us football fans have the seats we paid for.

• 4 weeks later...

upon arriving at the lipscomb game friday(on time about 40 min before the game started)i relized that the visitor section was full with the exception of two sections reserved for the band.as i waited at the interstate for my friends to show up so we could ride together i noticed the giles co. buses with band on them and the other trucks that haul the band equipment around getting on the interstate a good 20 min before i left.so i get to the game and the parents of the band bite my head off because i wanted to sit in stands a seat that i paid for.so needless to say i had to go sit on the lipscomb side and the band didn't even show up till the middle of the second quarter.do even know why they even showed up because they played at half time and the alma mater at the end of the game and thats it.if band is considered a sport stick to your own competitions and let us football fans have the seats we paid for.

I doubt sincerely the band parents "bit your head off" - I know the two gentlemen who stood there saving the seats for the band and neither of them are capable of doing what you described. Two of the nicest guys you'd want to know. Funny thing - they said that the couple of guys who wanted to sit there were rude when told the seats were for the band! The football team wants the band there. The parents of the players want the band there, too! The band kids were busy at practice since 2 p.m. that afternoon. The only reason you beat them to the game is the two bus drivers (not the band) did not have the directions to the stadium and they got lost. And if you've ever driven the small roads of Nashville/Lipscomb area after dark, you know it's hard to find out where you are...tall trees,...no landmarks, and very DARK! You'd think professional bus drivers would have the directions! You can't blame the band for that! And as far as what they played, you got it wrong there, buddy. They played various songs following the scores, from the stands during 3rd and 4th quarter. We know - our kids are in the band and we sat right next to them! It's a definite shame they didn't get there at 6. Someone told the band director the game started at 7:30...another definite shame. Combine that with bus drivers who got lost and it ended up poorly. Of course, it doesn't help that Lipscomb's visitor seating is puny. But consider this - the band doesn't usually go to games that are during fall break - but decided to come this year to show support for the football team because the Lipscomb game is crucial. (And the last time the band didn't go to a Lipscomb game - due to fall break - they were blamed for the loss - figure that one out!). The band supports the football team! Why can't the fans (you) support the band? It's a shame there is so much in-fighting between parent groups. We should be supporting one another, not picking fights! I know in the band they really do try to set a good example for our kids. Oh, and in case you want to know where the band went during the Page game tonight - the rain sent them back to the school. Why? Because the instruments can't be played in the rain (or they get ruined). Also, the uniforms cost over $500 to get cleaned. And I doubt the football team would want to pay for that. So hey, what do you say?...can we bury the hatchet and get along for the sake of our school and our kids? Be a good example. BTW I know who you are Bobcat93...you're a nicer person than that!

i was not being mean, i'm just saying if yall are going to save seats for the band they need to get there on time we made two trips up there two years ago and i remembered exactly how to get there.yes it is hard to see land marks and trees at night and i relize it is hard driving a school bus period muchless on narrow streets of nashville but they do have street signs thats how i found the game.yes the parents guarding the seats absolutely bit my head off if they have a mouth and can speak they are capable don't matter if they are a preacher or not.but as for friday night i relize the instruments and uniforms are expensive but it was rainning before the game and the forecast was for rain that afternoon and all night.like i said on another post i love the band i think they do one heck of a job but it wasn't the same listening to the players sing the alma mater without the band.if you know who i am talk to me at the game i'm there every friday have been for the past 20 something years .and if you are who i think you are don't you drive school buses to?