Brentwood vs. Independence...any thoughts?

bearfeet

Realized the gaffe later that morning, but couldn't get back to the computer. Sorry about that one Clay. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Isn't it worth a chuckle that the majority of the posts pre-game were from Indy, but post-game the silence grows each day from their side? How about some analysis from that side now that the deed is done?

How is Davis doing and the others who were banged up going into the game?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realized the gaffe later that morning, but couldn't get back to the computer. Sorry about that one Clay. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Isn't it worth a chuckle that the majority of the posts pre-game were from Indy, but post-game the silence grows each day from their side? How about some analysis from that side now that the deed is done?

Well it can be noted as well hardly anyone from bhs has talked about this pre and post game in fact more indy posts and all said bhs. Will win

How is Davis doing and the others who were banged up going into the game?

So, if the pre-game responses were 5-1 Indy posts, why are the post game responses almost a shutout the other way? I'm just looking for some game analysis from the Southern end of Williamson County.

My analysis of Indy: A shell of last season. Short passing game attempts to make up for the lack of running game, but the lack of a running game still stands out. I still don't get this rush to the line, look to the bench for the play; it's not like the defense is going to radically change from play to play at this level. To me it destroys momentum. Both QB's looked capable of making most throws. Deep game is very sporadic, but that is normal. No running game at all- where did THAT go? Heckman- and I've read posts saying he should be a RB- would not make it a full season at RB, IMO. He's not built to take the punishment. He's quick, but that will only buy you so much time. Either QB looked capable of playin that position, both have decent arms. Concerns in the stands over Indy's overreliance of Heckman was exposing him to some serious hits. What was shocking was that the Eagle defense- beyond the front line- was so smallish. 77 and 75 have decent size (how is 77 doing?) and made some plays. Beyond that, the LB's and secondary look undersized from a physical standpoint. Not a lot of team speed.

These comments might be viewed as harsh, but I've seen a lot of football in this region over the years and this is just my opinion. Bottom line, I was a little surprised.

So, if the pre-game responses were 5-1 Indy posts, why are the post game responses almost a shutout the other way? I'm just looking for some game analysis from the Southern end of Williamson County.

My analysis of Indy: A shell of last season. Short passing game attempts to make up for the lack of running game, but the lack of a running game still stands out. I still don't get this rush to the line, look to the bench for the play; it's not like the defense is going to radically change from play to play at this level. To me it destroys momentum. Both QB's looked capable of making most throws. Deep game is very sporadic, but that is normal. No running game at all- where did THAT go? Heckman- and I've read posts saying he should be a RB- would not make it a full season at RB, IMO. He's not built to take the punishment. He's quick, but that will only buy you so much time. Either QB looked capable of playin that position, both have decent arms. Concerns in the stands over Indy's overreliance of Heckman was exposing him to some serious hits. What was shocking was that the Eagle defense- beyond the front line- was so smallish. 77 and 75 have decent size (how is 77 doing?) and made some plays. Beyond that, the LB's and secondary look undersized from a physical standpoint. Not a lot of team speed.

These comments might be viewed as harsh, but I've seen a lot of football in this region over the years and this is just my opinion. Bottom line, I was a little surprised.

well most of INDY backers on this board moved onto a new post about INDY future,and I sispect after a 42-14 whopping you would be quiet as well , as stated hardley anyone form indy on this board talked of an INDY win, more were saying it could be tight game...

I would like to tell you that its refreshing to read your outake on INDY as I have been stating what you summarized and you are dead on -

First thing QB issue never up for debate, Heckman is the real deal at QB and as stated he stands no chance back there- spoke with RHS coach and he said INDY way to easy to prepare on offense- coaches like Rector, crawford, and others are way to good , knowing INDY does not have a running back at all-think about how easy it is to defend if you are a LB knowing full well you ont have to worry about a run...what made indy effective last year and the quick no huddle play called on the line was a running game- it keeps defense on heals and prevents teams from getting in a nickel package etc, plus if coaches see mismatch or a defensive formation they like for example they call a run play hence cant do it this year...there o line is very poor, and you re right , i am amazed hecman hasnt been carried off on a stretcher as of yet --- thier defense is giving up alone on ground about 240 yds a game, and cant tell you how many runs they surrendered of 40 plus yds this season.....

well most of INDY backers on this board moved onto a new post about INDY future,and I sispect after a 42-14 whopping you would be quiet as well , as stated hardley anyone form indy on this board talked of an INDY win, more were saying it could be tight game...

I would like to tell you that its refreshing to read your outake on INDY as I have been stating what you summarized and you are dead on -

First thing QB issue never up for debate, Heckman is the real deal at QB and as stated he stands no chance back there- spoke with RHS coach and he said INDY way to easy to prepare on offense- coaches like Rector, crawford, and others are way to good , knowing INDY does not have a running back at all-think about how easy it is to defend if you are a LB knowing full well you ont have to worry about a run...what made indy effective last year and the quick no huddle play called on the line was a running game- it keeps defense on heals and prevents teams from getting in a nickel package etc, plus if coaches see mismatch or a defensive formation they like for example they call a run play hence cant do it this year...there o line is very poor, and you re right , i am amazed hecman hasnt been carried off on a stretcher as of yet --- thier defense is giving up alone on ground about 240 yds a game, and cant tell you how many runs they surrendered of 40 plus yds this season.....

Coach Rector would never say that about another team or coach, much less about team preparation. After talking to the team after the home game, he heads to the coaches office unless reporter is asking questions. Then again, you may not know who, the RHS coaches, much less Coach Rector. As far as you know, you could have been talking to me but I didn??™t make the comment and I??™m no coach.

Coaches don??™t make comments like the one you made unless it is in confidence to one of his own coaches or trusted person within an organization.

Coach Rector would never say that about another team or coach, much less about team preparation. After talking to the team after the home game, he heads to the coaches office unless reporter is asking questions. Then again, you may not know who, the RHS coaches, much less Coach Rector. As far as you know, you could have been talking to me but I didn??™t make the comment and I??™m no coach.

Coaches don??™t make comments like the one you made unless it is in confidence to one of his own coaches or trusted person within an organization.

first did i say head coach or mention coach rector- nope not at all...it was not like he was giving up any clues how to defend the spread,its common knowledge, and he didnt put down coach or scheme said easy to prpare whom wouldnt tell u that...... nope sorry was in miami so i know we didnt talk, maybe i should provide cell phone record to you to prove it