Region 7 4A versus Region 8 4A

therealgame

My bracket says we are playing Kingsbury tonight.....not Melrose! So why does any of this matter?

I don't think anyone has implied, or stated, that Henry County was playing Melrose. The problem around here is that anytime I say anything that doesn't say that Region 7 will win every game tonight, all of these sensitive fans want to attack me, and that includes YOU! It matters because that seems to be what everyone wants to talk about. It sure makes a heck of a lot more sense than all that stupid talk about the Doc. This thread is Region 7 versus Region 8. If you want to talk ONLY about HC-Kingsbury, then change threads.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't jumped on you. I just asked if you had seen the teams this year. It is easy to go with tradition, but teams don't always maintain the same talent year after year. I have seen all 8 teams play. I would not be shocked for all 4 region 7 teams to win. At the same time I would not be shocked to see 3 out of 4 region 8 teams win. There is not as large a disparity as you think between the two regions. Without a good gameplan and scouting, Liberty, Hardin County, and Brighton would be pretty hard to stop. Let me get to the point Red Warrior.

Cassius Vaughn is not dressing for East tonight. Graig Cooper is not dressing for Melrose. Nor is Cedric Wilson, Dwayne Robertson, Moorehead, Harper, or any other of their past greats. Don't get hung up on the past. Its the playoffs, anybody can win.

Hoped I haven't come across as rude or jumping on you. I just wanted to explain my position.

I have no problem with you. I want you to be right. I am not hung up on the past. I think this year Region 7 is weak, overall, and THIS YEAR'S Region 8 teams are better (with one exception).

I have no problem with you. I want you to be right. I am not hung up on the past. I think this year Region 7 is weak, overall, and THIS YEAR'S Region 8 teams are better (with one exception).

I think Henry Co. is just that much better. I think the region 8 schools are not as good as last year. Kingsbury is not as good, nor is Melrose. East is better and Fairley is about the same. Don't know why you feel the region 7 teams are weaker? Could you explain? Were they stronger last year?

Red Warrior, I have seen all of the region 8 teams this year as well as Brighton. There is no doubt in my mind that Melrose will win tonight and will have the opportunity to win big. From everything I've heard in Memphis, I'm assuming Henry Co. is by far the most dominant team in the field of 8. As for East and Fairley, they both are solid. Both offenses have big play capabilities and the defenses are not bad. The one thing that I expect with Hardin, Brighton, and Liberty vs their region 8 opponents is that the region 7 teams will not have seen the overall team speed and athleticism that these teams will bring. I may miss all my picks, but I'm going to agree with you. Henry Co. should be the only winner tonight from your region..

You have seen more than I have. My gosh, it's amazing to find anyone who agrees with me. Brace yourself for a multitude of attacks from the sensitive posters on this thread. They refuse to listen to anything that they do not believe to be true. I hope we are both wrong. I agree with your post, and I agree with your reasoning.

I think Henry Co. is just that much better. I think the region 8 schools are not as good as last year. Kingsbury is not as good, nor is Melrose. East is better and Fairley is about the same. Don't know why you feel the region 7 teams are weaker? Could you explain? Were they stronger last year?

I do agree that Henry County is better. Melrose may not be quite as good, and the same with Kingsbury. I think Fairley and East are better. I think Liberty and Brighton are better than last year. My thing is that I believe, even with that all said, that Region 8 is far superior to region 7, when it comes to speed, athletic ability, and size. I hope to be wrong.

Guest Advisor

I don't think anyone has implied, or stated, that Henry County was playing Melrose. The problem around here is that anytime I say anything that doesn't say that Region 7 will win every game tonight, all of these sensitive fans want to attack me, and that includes YOU! It matters because that seems to be what everyone wants to talk about. It sure makes a heck of a lot more sense than all that stupid talk about the Doc. This thread is Region 7 versus Region 8. If you want to talk ONLY about HC-Kingsbury, then change threads.

Warrior, my reply was not made to you............you have been on the defensive all morning! Cheer up it's gameday! As a matter of fact, this time I actually agree with your picks for the outcomes of tonight's Region 7 vs. Region 8 games. I too hope I am mistaken, but I too am realistic! I read this morning where Brighton hasn't advanced to the next round since 2003(which was the only time ever) and Melrose hasn't lost a first round game since 1994........and that was to Germantown! Your picks look pretty strong! Will you be staying in HC tonight to watch the game or did I hear you say that you and some of your former Coaching collegues get together and go to playoff games in Memphis and North Mississippi? Which game will you attend?

Warrior, my reply was not made to you............you have been on the defensive all morning! Cheer up it's gameday! As a matter of fact, this time I actually agree with your picks for the outcomes of tonight's Region 7 vs. Region 8 games. I too hope I am mistaken, but I too am realistic! I read this morning where Brighton hasn't advanced to the next round since 2003(which was the only time ever) and Melrose hasn't lost a first round game since 1994........and that was to Germantown! Your picks look pretty strong! Will you be staying in HC tonight to watch the game or did I hear you say that you and some of your former Coaching collegues get together and go to playoff games in Memphis and North Mississippi? Which game will you attend?

You will have to excuse me. I learned from my Dad that the best defense was a good offense, therefore I am quick to attack when threatened. I am under attack on here so often, that I counter-attack unnecessarily on occasion. I will be at the Henry County game, while some of my friends will be at the other games. We love to compare notes afterwards, ansd a few of my friends know the coaches at the other schools.

Just another observation of mine that is meaningless. HC made the other teams in regin 7 look pretty weak this year, are they as weak as they appeared? I do not knkow, or maybe HC is that strong, I do not know that either.

Someone had stated that Melrose was not as good as last year, Fairley was about the same, and East is much better thatn last year. IF they are all close to equal as has been suggested. I have one thing to go by and that is that we scored 55 on a Fairley team last season, they scored a few as well but we did not score 55 on anyone all season this year and people are saying that Fairley is about the same. How good were they last year to give up 55 points in a game. A good friend of mine once said that if a college team gives up 30 points then they do not seserve to be ranked, and when LSU gaveup 50 points to FLorida, he said they do not deserve to be ranked for 2 years. I know high school is a llittle different but giving up 55 one year and being about the same the next has got to be a sign of weakness, Liberty only gave up 35 to a much improved Patriot squad.

My question is how weak is region 7, not weak at all, just not comparable to HC, we have not lsot a region game in 2 years and by the way we averaged about 39 points a game last season against region foes and against region 8 last season we averaged 51 points and we have won our last 6 against region 8 teams.

Just another observation of mine that is meaningless. HC made the other teams in regin 7 look pretty weak this year, are they as weak as they appeared? I do not knkow, or maybe HC is that strong, I do not know that either.

Someone had stated that Melrose was not as good as last year, Fairley was about the same, and East is much better thatn last year. IF they are all close to equal as has been suggested. I have one thing to go by and that is that we scored 55 on a Fairley team last season, they scored a few as well but we did not score 55 on anyone all season this year and people are saying that Fairley is about the same. How good were they last year to give up 55 points in a game. A good friend of mine once said that if a college team gives up 30 points then they do not seserve to be ranked, and when LSU gaveup 50 points to FLorida, he said they do not deserve to be ranked for 2 years. I know high school is a llittle different but giving up 55 one year and being about the same the next has got to be a sign of weakness, Liberty only gave up 35 to a much improved Patriot squad.

My question is how weak is region 7, not weak at all, just not comparable to HC, we have not lsot a region game in 2 years and by the way we averaged about 39 points a game last season against region foes and against region 8 last season we averaged 51 points and we have won our last 6 against region 8 teams.

Thank you.

All of region 7 will go down except for Henry County. Question how do you think Henry's kids will react in a tight situation. The reason I asked is they haven't been in one this yesr with ten running clocks. I don't predict Kingsbury winning tonight but I 'm interested to see how you handle Hunter and their QB.

All of region 7 will go down except for Henry County. Question how do you think Henry's kids will react in a tight situation. The reason I asked is they haven't been in one this yesr with ten running clocks. I don't predict Kingsbury winning tonight but I 'm interested to see how you handle Hunter and their QB.

Cougarmike,

On behalf all the playoff teams, we would like to thank you and the Munford coaches for your ticket money tonight. The only way you all will be seeing a playoff game is from the stands. Thank you for your support.

Just like on the other thread, YOU are the only one to have played against both HC and Kingsbury. You tell us how HC will deal with Hunter and the QB. What do YOU see happening?