Suspect Officiating @ Trinity Christian

JoePaluka

this is the most ignorant thread ive ever seen in my entire life... people that find entertainment in talking about bs like this should be kicked off coacht... stop making excuses joe paluka... i noticed this is your first post and i can only hope your last... get back under your bridge troll

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you implying that TCA is paying off the refs?? Now this is ignorant... if this were the case the games would not be decided by one or two points. I believe if you go back to the Manassas game it was like that on both sides and Manassas got a couple of holding calls( a call that could be made every play) when they were trying to pass, something that dont do very much. If a team is used to run blocking the whole game and then try to pass block when they are not firing up field as much it is easy to think that the defender is getting past you and try to stop them. Most teams that are 90% run get holding calls when they try to pass. Also, in the Fayette game, if it was suspect officiating, then what about the call on Fayette's last drive when the kid stepped out of bounds and then caught the pass and then got hit and didnt look like he has possession... Oh wait they gave him the catch with no illegal touching called and the ball at the 1.

Starting a thread like this is ridiculous and takes away from the kids did on the field. I do not believe that a ref will ever cost you a game. You are probably looking for an excuse and this is the easiest way for you to do it. Do what you are supposed to and those calls wouldnt make or break your game. Every single game that has ever been played will have at least one bad call... they are human and they make mistakes.

Okay - I was at the Manassas game - it was 15 for 145 against Manassas and 4 for 20 against Trinity - I may be off a little, but that is close. Clearly one sided. Manassas threw the ball very little, so it wasn't the case that the penalties were on passing plays. Yes, the Manassas folk felt that it was one sided, and there were three calls specifically that were way behind the play, Running Plays mind you, that were questionable during the game and my understanding is unfounded when reviewed by the tape. I know the coaches shared the tape with some others in Memphis and considered filing a complaint with the TSSAA after more impartial coaches reviewed it and agreed it was poor. I don't know if that happened or not. Having said all that, I also know for a fact that the Manassas coaches have a lot of respect for the TCA people and don't see it as a school thing, but rather just really poor officials. No one is paying off anyone. Yes, it hurt the Manassas effort, but the officials didn't fumble a punt inside its own 5, didn't have 1st and goal from the 1 yard line and get no points, didn't allow a 47 yard field goal - our team did that and that is what cost the game. Lastly, just so everyone knows, Manassas actually has grown to expect this kind of officiating when it goes on the road to more rural West Tn. It doesn't mean the officials are on the take. Frankly, that is really a bad thing to even suggest and absurd. However, to think that regional bias doesn't exist is a little niave. Also, we ALL need to realize as single A teams, we aren't getting the cream of the crop from the pool of officials. The associations are going to send the more senior and better officials to the larger games and by the time it boils down to A ball, well..., you get what you get, like what Manassas got at TCA, but again, no one should sugges tthe TCA had anything to do with that group of bozos.

Are you implying that TCA is paying off the refs?? Now this is ignorant... if this were the case the games would not be decided by one or two points. I believe if you go back to the Manassas game it was like that on both sides and Manassas got a couple of holding calls( a call that could be made every play) when they were trying to pass, something that dont do very much. If a team is used to run blocking the whole game and then try to pass block when they are not firing up field as much it is easy to think that the defender is getting past you and try to stop them. Most teams that are 90% run get holding calls when they try to pass. Also, in the Fayette game, if it was suspect officiating, then what about the call on Fayette's last drive when the kid stepped out of bounds and then caught the pass and then got hit and didnt look like he has possession... Oh wait they gave him the catch with no illegal touching called and the ball at the 1.

Starting a thread like this is ridiculous and takes away from the kids did on the field. I do not believe that a ref will ever cost you a game. You are probably looking for an excuse and this is the easiest way for you to do it. Do what you are supposed to and those calls wouldnt make or break your game. Every single game that has ever been played will have at least one bad call... they are human and they make mistakes.

I don't know anything about the game in question but I would have to disagree with you on the fact that a call from a ref could cost a team the game.

In the Giles/Lipscomb game the refs got the call wrong on the extra point, Giles committed a dead ball foul and instead of calling it so the officials counted the extra point and assessed the penalty on the ensuing kick off, right when the Giles player got the ball the whistle blew the play dead and Lipscomb had to repeat the extra point try and than redo the kick off to Giles which in turn resulted in a called fumble. Now I am not saying that Giles would have won the game but what I am saying is that momentum is a big deal in a game and when the refs get calls wrong, or makes calls against one team and not the other it does change the game at least the momentum anyways.

I agree most of the refs do a very good job but than there are those if you see them before the game you know your team is in for a long night.

As the TSSAA assigns the officials for all games, you can't say there was home cooking by TCA.

Saying that the actions of officials was "criminal" is simply ignorant! Grow Up!

What I haven't heard.......not one complaint relating to the holding call against JCS on the go ahead touchdown run against USJ at game's end. I wasn't at the game, yet usually in this situation you at least hear something said about it. Does this mean that it was really obvious or does it say something for the character of the program? Hats off to the Eagles on a great game plan as well as an trememdous effort.

By the way.....I am a USJ supporter.

As the TSSAA assigns the officials for all games, you can't say there was home cooking by TCA.

Saying that the actions of officials was "criminal" is simply ignorant! Grow Up!

OK Criminal may be a bit strong. I'm just telling you that I saw with my own 2 eyes officials that wanted one team to win. I'm not saying they are bought and paid for but they likely have connections with the program.

There were 3 touchdowns called back against Manassas on running plays (not passing plays as the previous poster mentioned). The flags did not come out of the pocket until the officials saw the runningback downfield 10-20 yards.

I saw it. You'll never convince me otherwise.

Joe

There were several holding calls 10-20 yards behind the ball in the Fayette Academy game. The Manassas game was worse. What the officials did was criminal. I would love to set down with the officials and watch the tape and here their explanations. If it weren't for BLATANT home cooking Trinity would have 2 more losses.

In response to the apparent lack of football IQ, Manassas is a very undisciplined football team, and penalties, predominately holding is not rare in there games. Manassas lost that game due to out coaching and more heart on the part of TCA. Talking about officials.. anyone who attended the Chester Co game would agree that the refs blew that game for TCA. There was a pass interference call where the defender clearly created all contact and it was called offenseive hindering a crucial lions drive.. with less than 5 minutes left and Chester Co attempting to run the clock out there was an obvious fumble recovered by Trinity and the ruling was he was down..and on the same drive a Chester Co player ran out of bounds and the official.. very hestitantly.. on Chester's sideline ruled him down in bounds.. costing Trinity up to 45 crucial seconds.. along with questionable officiating against Gibson and St. Benedict.. so lets know whatre we talkin about before we create idiotic topics.. thanks /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

In response to the apparent lack of football IQ, Manassas is a very undisciplined football team, and penalties, predominately holding is not rare in there games. Manassas lost that game due to out coaching and more heart on the part of TCA. Talking about officials.. anyone who attended the Chester Co game would agree that the refs blew that game for TCA. There was a pass interference call where the defender clearly created all contact and it was called offenseive hindering a crucial lions drive.. with less than 5 minutes left and Chester Co attempting to run the clock out there was an obvious fumble recovered by Trinity and the ruling was he was down..and on the same drive a Chester Co player ran out of bounds and the official.. very hestitantly.. on Chester's sideline ruled him down in bounds.. costing Trinity up to 45 crucial seconds.. along with questionable officiating against Gibson and St. Benedict.. so lets know whatre we talkin about before we create idiotic topics.. thanks /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

TC, Why do you want to hate. Your posts are normally very good. Troll?? Come on you can do better than that. Yes I just joined the board and your posts are very informative. Enough about the refs. Lets make this the last post on this thread.

Please respond to the thread I just started asking about the best O Lineman in 1A

Peace,

Joe

OK Criminal may be a bit strong. I'm just telling you that I saw with my own 2 eyes officials that wanted one team to win. I'm not saying they are bought and paid for but they likely have connections with the program.

There were 3 touchdowns called back against Manassas on running plays (not passing plays as the previous poster mentioned). The flags did not come out of the pocket until the officials saw the runningback downfield 10-20 yards.

I saw it. You'll never convince me otherwise.

Joe

I am going to take the liberty of rewording your post to make it "factual" instead of opinion. Note the difference:

I'm just telling you that I saw on film, with the advantage of playback that the refs did not have, with my own 2 eyes officials that, in my opinion, wanted one team to win. I'm not saying they are bought and paid for, though I am implying that, but I assume that they must have connections with the program because otherwise how could they make mistakes that seemed to give more advantage to one team.

There were 3 touchdowns called back against Manassas on running plays (not passing plays as the previous poster mentioned). The flags did not come out of the pocket until the runningback was downfield 10-20 yards. In my opinion they waited until they saw the runningback getting yards before making the call because they could have thrown those flags much sooner.

I saw it and believe it and will not consider any other facts or opinions.

Joe

There are bad calls in EVERY game because refs are human and have to make decisions based on what they think they saw without the advantage of playback. Does it affect the outcomes? Sure, sometimes. Kind of like life isn't it? We are all affected by decisions that others make, often when they don't have all the knowlege they need. Life isn't always fair and what a great lesson for kids to learn early.