Giles County or Marshall County

Dedicated#62

marshall co. has no chance....at all....im not tryin to start anything on here, but ive went and watched both teams multiple times this year and honestly it wont be close....giles Bo Wallace, Tobias Houston, and Corey Houston will have a great great night....as for marshall, the only way they would have a chance is to throw the deep ball on our small secondary, but the problem with that is their recievers run slow sloppy routes and the qb's arm isnt very strong at all either, one play that did get my attention is when marshall sets up in a trips formation and does a roll out pass...it was clearly the only way they even had a chance to move the ball against DL last week but like most schools when someone gets some success on moving the ball they go off and do something else crazy thay screws up the game for them....on defense for marshall co i only seen one player that impressed me who i wouldnt mind seeing play for giles or DL...he was #30, he had a motor and never stopped and was motivated but it still wasnt enough....if their whole teamed played like him i wouldnt even have thought ab writing most of this stuff...but anyways like i said giles co wins big even if it is a rivalry game and for a home playoff game....giles co-42....marshall co-14 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I see it close at halftime and into the third quarter and then possibly GC will wear them down in the 4th. Almost every team we played has had sucess throwing the football against us, dont know why that would change now. OC will probably have to put Bo and Tobias on defense during key situations to eliminate the big play. GC must not turn the ball over and allow MC to stay close.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marshall co. has no chance....at all....im not tryin to start anything on here, but ive went and watched both teams multiple times this year and honestly it wont be close....giles Bo Wallace, Tobias Houston, and Corey Houston will have a great great night....as for marshall, the only way they would have a chance is to throw the deep ball on our small secondary, but the problem with that is their recievers run slow sloppy routes and the qb's arm isnt very strong at all either, one play that did get my attention is when marshall sets up in a trips formation and does a roll out pass...it was clearly the only way they even had a chance to move the ball against DL last week but like most schools when someone gets some success on moving the ball they go off and do something else crazy thay screws up the game for them....on defense for marshall co i only seen one player that impressed me who i wouldnt mind seeing play for giles or DL...he was #30, he had a motor and never stopped and was motivated but it still wasnt enough....if their whole teamed played like him i wouldnt even have thought ab writing most of this stuff...but anyways like i said giles co wins big even if it is a rivalry game and for a home playoff game....giles co-42....marshall co-14 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

thats a bold prediction. We have some of the best recievers in the region and 2 of them (Broderick Tears and Kareem Peterson) are in the top 10 in the state in recieving tds and catches and the quarterback has thrown for some 1500 yards and is also in the top 10 in the state i believe. I don't understand where you are getting that the recievers run sloppy routes and the qb has a weak arm but apparently they re doin somethin right. as far as defense goes they have struggled at times but they play tough every week and come up with stops when they need them so i'm not countin the tigers out of this one..... could be a barn burner! i don t know who to pick in this one. Its just whoever wants it more!

Man you lost your mind when you said that one. Marshall Co. receivers are the best in the region and have the ability to beat any secondary in the region speed wise. If you said that Gile's secondary is small and not that great then expect Marshall's receivers to run them out of the park all night. Lipscomb hands down has the best overall secondary in the region and still let up some big plays even at the line of scrimmage on "screen passes".

Man you lost your mind when you said that one. Marshall Co. receivers are the best in the region and have the ability to beat any secondary in the region speed wise. If you said that Gile's secondary is small and not that great then expect Marshall's receivers to run them out of the park all night. Lipscomb hands down has the best overall secondary in the region and still let up some big plays even at the line of scrimmage on "screen passes".

marshall co., the best recievers in the region?....first off giles co did have "The Best Reciever...Derico Brown(well maybe Austin Rogers" in the region till he went out, oh and as for makin big plays last week...c'mon man the bubble screen worked i think twice and when marshall co lined up in trips or and empty formation all they do is roll out and hope they get good blocking long enough for a reciever to just find a open spot and sit down and wait for the pass....i wont lie though the bubble screen was nice, but other than that they just line up in trips and try to run a rail route, but u can trust me guy that giles co is ready for that, there will be no time for the qb to scramble around and try to find and open reciever...and as for the QB he didnt seem to great on the deep ball...but on the other hand if marshall did have a chance at winning it would be by throwing the deep ball bc of the height advantage everyone has on our secondary, but thats made up with speed....but let me reitterate again...marshall co has no chance against giles co it may be a bit slow in the first half, but i think giles will pull ahead and get homefield advantage for the playoffs....if marshall co does win kudos to them and im totally wrong and i hope that they do great in the playoffs....but all jokes aside i do hope the best of luck to both teams and win giles wins big yall can congratulate me

This one will be close despite what the other experts on here think.

Both offenses' strengths match up well with the opposing defenses' weakness. As stated already, Marshall County has passed the ball well and Giles has not defended the pass well... expect Marshall County to put up some points. Also, Giles county has run the ball well while Marshall County has not defended the run very well... expect Giles County to put up some points. In short, both teams have average defenses that get bailed out by their good offenses.

I think both offenses will play well. It is going to come down to whichever defense can force the most turnovers or punts.

I like Giles at home. Should be a great game.

Both offenses' strengths match up well with the opposing defenses' weakness. As stated already, Marshall County has passed the ball well and Giles has not defended the pass well... expect Marshall County to put up some points. Also, Giles county has run the ball well while Marshall County has not defended the run very well... expect Giles County to put up some points. In short, both teams have average defenses that get bailed out by their good offenses.

I think both offenses will play well. It is going to come down to whichever defense can force the most turnovers or punts.

i agree should be a close game.i think it will be up to who ever wants it more.

The Giles defense is a little underrated if you ask me.The secondary is the weakest point but I wouldnt say

its weak.Average at worst.The offense is strong at all positions and too diverse for the MC defense.

The only way Marshall stays in this one is to get turnovers and big plays.Their off. can be explosive,and if they can

controll the clock along with big plays and turnovers they will have a chance.

Giles by 16+

The Giles defense is a little underrated if you ask me.The secondary is the weakest point but I wouldnt say

its weak.Average at worst.The offense is strong at all positions and too diverse for the MC defense.

The only way Marshall stays in this one is to get turnovers and big plays.Their off. can be explosive,and if they can

controll the clock along with big plays and turnovers they will have a chance.

Giles by 16+

I'll have to disagree you on this one. The secondary is not even close to being average, very inconsistent. The offense is not strong at all positions, the receiving corps is lacking size and consistency. We have proved we can run the ball which allows us to spread the field and throw against single coverage. Good receivers will give you yards after catch, I dont remember that happening very often this year. Ricos injury really hurt in this area.

I'll have to disagree you on this one. The secondary is not even close to being average, very inconsistent. The offense is not strong at all positions, the receiving corps is lacking size and consistency. We have proved we can run the ball which allows us to spread the field and throw against single coverage. Good receivers will give you yards after catch, I dont remember that happening very often this year. Ricos injury really hurt in this area.

I'll agree the secondary has been very inconsistent but the rest of the defense has been good.

And I would like to point out that the receivers for the most part are good. To be a good receiver you have to be able to catch and hold on to the ball to be an outstanding receiver you have to be able to get yards after the catch. But the ball also has to be thrown within the receivers reach so don't put all of it off on the receivers.

Most of the team are juniors and will be back next year with a lot of experience.

GET ER DONE BOBCATS!!!!!

I'll agree the secondary has been very inconsistent but the rest of the defense has been good.

And I would like to point out that the receivers for the most part are good. To be a good receiver you have to be able to catch and hold on to the ball to be an outstanding receiver you have to be able to get yards after the catch. But the ball also has to be thrown within the receivers reach so don't put all of it off on the receivers.

Most of the team are juniors and will be back next year with a lot of experience.

GET ER DONE BOBCATS!!!!!

I was hoping we had a few freshmen or sophmore receivers that might step up and play the receiver and/or defensive back positions next year.