Powell vs Clinton

Are you saying that Powell is not a tough team? All i am saying is Clinton has not faired too well against the better teams they have played this year and that this is their chance to beat a good playoff team friday night. I hope Clinton shows up and plays better since the pressure of making the playoffs isnt so high. I would rather be playing at home in the first round instead of Cleveland. How bout you?

Go Dragons!!!

no def not sayin that, powell is the best matchup ive seen for us all year theyve got a high powered o and a solid D its not gonna be an easy win at all hence why i said they need to bring their A game and play with a sense of necessity cause they really need a home game to start off in the playoffs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a huge game, I believe a high scoring affair, Clinton 35- Powell-31, Powell and Clinton look alike in many ways. I hope we dont push Weston back to fast. The playoff game is more important for Clinton. The dragons have done well without him. They will need him against a Maryville or Greenville game, which by the way Greenville COULD END THIS MARYVILLE CURSE. They are a super team from upper east tenn. Sorry ,but i still feel coaching will defeat the dragons in the end. Again the d line and o line show weakness that will cost in the playoffs.

which ever QB has the better night...his team will win...both offenses are predicated on QB play...with that being said both QB are two of the best if not the best in Knoxville...however Stone is one of the best in the state IMO as a JR...I like Clinton in a very close game 27-24

which ever QB has the better night...his team will win...both offenses are predicated on QB play...with that being said both QB are two of the best if not the best in Knoxville...however Stone is one of the best in the state IMO as a JR...I like Clinton in a very close game 27-24

Talking about how similar these 2 teams are......Powell 31pts per game on offence & giving up 24......Clinton 31 pts. per game on offence & giving up 26. Should be a great game and hope alot of people show up!

with this being such a big game and such an exciting matchup im really surprised that this is such a dead thread, there have hardly been any new posts since it first began. most of us said this would be the most exciting game around this week but there arent any ppl talkin about it. im really surprised at this. with all that out of the way does anyone know if westons role in tomm's game is going to be limited in any way? like are they going to play him both sides of the ball like usual or is he going to stay on D most of the game?

with this being such a big game and such an exciting matchup im really surprised that this is such a dead thread, there have hardly been any new posts since it first began. most of us said this would be the most exciting game around this week but there arent any ppl talkin about it. im really surprised at this. with all that out of the way does anyone know if westons role in tomm's game is going to be limited in any way? like are they going to play him both sides of the ball like usual or is he going to stay on D most of the game?

I've been sitting back and trying to get a feel for what everybody thinks, because I feel like this game could go either way.

From what I've heard from another poster, Weston will only play offense. I don't know how true that is, but if it is, I think clinton has too much offense to account for. Although Powell also has an excellent offense, I don't think they have as many players that can dominate. The dragons have at least five different players on offense that have proven that they can take a game over-- not just contribute.

I haven't seen as much of Powell, so I may be wrong on the amount of playmakers they have.....

Clinton 42

Powell. 38

I've been sitting back and trying to get a feel for what everybody thinks, because I feel like this game could go either way.

From what I've heard from another poster, Weston will only play offense. I don't know how true that is, but if it is, I think clinton has too much offense to account for. Although Powell also has an excellent offense, I don't think they have as many players that can dominate. The dragons have at least five different players on offense that have proven that they can take a game over-- not just contribute.

I haven't seen as much of Powell, so I may be wrong on the amount of playmakers they have.....

Clinton 42

Powell. 38

with these two highpowered offenses i think thats a pretty good prediction. and i agree with the fact that with weston added to the mix we have a ton of playmaking ability but if saul powell is suspended then i think we might need westons help a little more on the D since this will be the second best offense we've played all year and cant afford to get down to them early. either way its great to have him back on the field hes a great kid and plays his heart out every game i look for him to have a big game since im sure hes been itchin to get back for awhile. i predict he has 200 yards rushing, 2 rushing td's, 60 yards recieving and 1 td and a handful of tackles in his time on the other side.

oh and since i mentioned saul can anyone update me on his status? is he going to get to play or not?

This looks to be a good game. Both teams have had a great season and are playing for the number 2 seed in the region. From both of our games i would have to pick Clinton to win this game as long as Stone can stay healthy,(he is a great weapon). But we want Powell to win so we get the 3 seed but may the best team win and play a safe game so we can all represent our region in the playoffs.

Go Rebels!!!1

with these two highpowered offenses i think thats a pretty good prediction. and i agree with the fact that with weston added to the mix we have a ton of playmaking ability but if saul powell is suspended then i think we might need westons help a little more on the D since this will be the second best offense we've played all year and cant afford to get down to them early. either way its great to have him back on the field hes a great kid and plays his heart out every game i look for him to have a big game since im sure hes been itchin to get back for awhile. i predict he has 200 yards rushing, 2 rushing td's, 60 yards recieving and 1 td and a handful of tackles in his time on the other side.

oh and since i mentioned saul can anyone update me on his status? is he going to get to play or not?

Saul's appeal was denied and he will not play friday night. I have also heard that Westin will play offence only. We will just have to wait and see i guess.

This looks to be a good game. Both teams have had a great season and are playing for the number 2 seed in the region. From both of our games i would have to pick Clinton to win this game as long as Stone can stay healthy,(he is a great weapon). But we want Powell to win so we get the 3 seed but may the best team win and play a safe game so we can all represent our region in the playoffs.

Go Rebels!!!1

Thanks knoxrebel! Good luck to you guys against Central. I wish all the teams in our region the best of luck in the playoffs!

Go Rebels!!!1

classy post, good luck to you guys too!

On another note, it's been a few years since I've been to a game at Clinton, but I'm wondering if the parking situation has improved at all? I just know that at Powell, with such a small stadium, you have to get there early for a seat, but at Clinton, we always had to get there early so that we could park, even though there were plenty of seats. Is that still the case?

On another note, it's been a few years since I've been to a game at Clinton, but I'm wondering if the parking situation has improved at all? I just know that at Powell, with such a small stadium, you have to get there early for a seat, but at Clinton, we always had to get there early so that we could park, even though there were plenty of seats. Is that still the case?

That's pretty much still the case. There is parking behind the old home side that doesnt fill up too fast, but you have to pay $5 i think. Other than that, there is parking at the Community Center, behind the Courthouse, and up at the Ray Viles Ford lot....but you may have to pay @ the Ray Viles Ford lot too. Im not 100% sure on that one. If you can, i say get there around 6 and everything should be o.k. but this a big game and there might be alot of people there even earlier than that. I plan on getting there around 5:30 or 5:45 myself.