Gallatin At McGavock

Verb58

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So any takers on an over under of 20 people showing up on the McGavock home side Thursday night? I'll take the under /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

If their band shows up it will more like 500. I fully expect a large Gallatin contingent.

I will give a warning to Gallatin: McGavock isn't a bad team by any means, we only beat them 10-6. I just think with all the distractions with their coach PLUS coming off a loss to a terrible Overton team, they won't be ready to play a team like the Wave. Then again, this could be the perfect game for them to come out and give absolutely everything they have, since they know this is their last game , what do they have to lose?

Hmmmmm, the more I think about it, maybe this could be a trap game for Gallatin.......

I will give a warning to Gallatin: McGavock isn't a bad team by any means, we only beat them 10-6. I just think with all the distractions with their coach PLUS coming off a loss to a terrible Overton team, they won't be ready to play a team like the Wave. Then again, this could be the perfect game for them to come out and give absolutely everything they have, since they know this is their last game , what do they have to lose?

Hmmmmm, the more I think about it, maybe this could be a trap game for Gallatin.......

Thats so true! a dangerous team is a team with nothing to lose! so GALLATIN beware. Region 5-5a is like the SEC any GIVEN day ANYBODY can BEAT anybody. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It definately has the makings of a "TRAP" game for Gallatin. However, I've talked to a few of the Gallatin players and they definately know what's at stake with this game. The know they didn't play close to their best game Friday night and let a very good HHS team get the win. The also know that they can only control what happens this Thursday night against McGavock. They are also very aware of what McGavock can and will bring against them. McGavock has nothing to lose and I'm sure they will play as hard as they have played all season.

You can bet that this group of boys from Gallatin will show up to play and take out a little frustration come Thursday night. They know the task at hand are ready for the challenge!

Go Wave!

Looking forward to getting the team back on the right track. What kind of crowd will Gallatin be bringing after the loss last week. Of course I plan on being there if not being the first one there. I was just thinking if we will have a large following or just the regulars who are like me and go every week home and away. Should be a great Cold night for football.

On Thursday night at 7 Gallatin will roll into McGavock to take on a Raiders team who will be playing with a huge chip on their shoulder. The distractions McG has faced this past week will not carryover into this weeks game. Gallatin will have to put the tough loss to H-ville behind them. A Gallatin win can do a lot for the teams confidence heading into the playoffs however a loss could be destructive to the team.

How will Gallatin respond to a team calling them out like H-ville did. Hopefully this will be used as a wakeup call that you have to play all 4 quarters if you really want to give yourself a chance. Gallatin needs to carry that fire and determination from the second half of last weeks game into this weeks game and leave no doubt that they can play 4 quarters of lights out football.

It will not be an easy task with the great player that McG has in Franklin. He will keep Gallatin's D on their toes the whole night.

Gallatin big 30-7

I don't care whether it is 35-0 or 21-20, I just hope Gallatin wins and you guys at Hunters Lane win. Get that accomplished and we all will be happy. I never predict scores but it will be a game that either sets Gallatin playing at home in first couple of rounds or on the road. Gallatin wants home field (5-0 compared to 2-2 on the road). Go Green Wave, Turbo everyone else.

I agree the score is meaningless as long as it is a win for Gallatin.

Zac Franklin is a very good player and can line up anywhere. Who knows who or how many will line up at QB come Thursday night? McGavock looks to be a typical metro school with speed at the skill positions and a decent size line. They have given up some points and played others tough. Which defense shows up is a question. Gallatin is better at special teams and that may have some effect on the outcome.

Gallatin should be fired up for this game and I will be disappointed if they are not. Region Championships are great but the bigger prize are wins in the playoffs. Lets not get any injuries and go beat this McGavock team for the last time!