waverly vs. perry co. season opener we will see if wavo is for real

Get fired up!! Its about time to see some basketballs in the air! I expect Waverly to be faster, smarter, shooting better and a lil more size. I am really interested to see how the coaching is going to look this season. So is this Coach Rawlings 5th year as head coach? I am thinking so but cant remember, also what is the assistant situation looking like?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get fired up!! Its about time to see some basketballs in the air! I expect Waverly to be faster, smarter, shooting better and a lil more size. If they have that it should be a dang good night in Perry Co. (for the Tigers!) I am really interested to see how the coaching is going to look this season. So is this Coach Rawlings 5th year as head coach? I am thinking so but cant remember, also what is the assisant situation looking like?

th game is in the booming city of waverly LOL

BLUE WHITE TIGER PRIDE

You can't really go on what is said on the posts other that Will Averett has improved greatly and not only is an offensive threat, but a defensive stopper. Mercer will be OK, but may be affected somewhat by the offensive style the Vikings are running. Cunningham is a solid defender and rebounder and very unselfish. Kimble is still trying to get comfortable in his new roll but is limited. The freshmen: Tucker, Rhodes and Dill are all good solid players that will develop over the course of the year. These seven make a great rotation and allows coach Lee to put different combinations on the floor in various situations. With the loss of Pevahouse, this young team will certainly be a contender in the next 3 years especially if 6'6" freshman Matt Guilboy continues to improve and the younger players don't compete for the 'stud" of the team.

Not knowing Waverly's team, I think it will be difficult for the Vikings to come out with a win. Their defense is tough, but may struggle offensively. If Waverly scores 50, Waverly wins.

Radio 33..... Why dont you actually go watch a scrimmage or something before you get on here talkin like you know all about PC Basketball. First off Cannon Rhodes is way behind Dill and Tucker for starting and Drey Mercer has not improved a bit since his eighth grade year of middle school. Yes, PC has some really big time talent but not this year. I look for Tucker and Dill to help lead this team as freshmen. I expect this year to be a learning and rebuilding year next year is for real. Waverly wins by 13.

Mercer is just out of football and will get better, still just a midrange shooter and driver. Tucker's turnovers generally equal any points he has. even though he's a freshman, he actually should be a Soph. He is very talented and will be good addition if he slows down and doesn't make everything all about himself. Rhodes is certainly not "way behind" Dill, I would rate them about the same. I think Radio33 was saying that Rhodes' upside potential was greater in the future because of his potential size. Also, Guilboy may grow to be 6'8" and if he does, watch out. Hill is small but gives great effort. good sold freshman class. Anyway, it's not who's the best, it's who plays the best together.

You can't really go on what is said on the posts other that Will Averett has improved greatly and not only is an offensive threat, but a defensive stopper. Mercer will be OK, but may be affected somewhat by the offensive style the Vikings are running. Cunningham is a solid defender and rebounder and very unselfish. Kimble is still trying to get comfortable in his new roll but is limited. The freshmen: Tucker, Rhodes and Dill are all good solid players that will develop over the course of the year. These seven make a great rotation and allows coach Lee to put different combinations on the floor in various situations. With the loss of Pevahouse, this young team will certainly be a contender in the next 3 years especially if 6'6" freshman Matt Guilboy continues to improve and the younger players don't compete for the 'stud" of the team.

Not knowing Waverly's team, I think it will be difficult for the Vikings to come out with a win. Their defense is tough, but may struggle offensively. If Waverly scores 50, Waverly wins.

with the 3-headed monster of Lenoard/Vogel/Gilbert, the tigers should be able to score 50, but if they don't wavo will still win the game!, No doubt.tyler Smith should be able to handle somethings in the post, Because Josh Graham is not fundamentally sound, so it should be simth inside, and then Fuller just getting out of football so he prolly won't be at his best same as vogel possibly, but lenoard will prolly light things up! Key Reserves will be C Connor Walp, G/F DIllion Moore, PG Jake, and SG Micheal Purcell. Go Tigers .

I heard Waverly was supposed to be a really good team....... Well if that is the case someone is in for a long year. PC played horrible and is not that good of a team they are very young they led the whole game and blew it in the 4th quarter only score like 6 points and getting killed on the boards but if this is the waverly team that was supposed to be so good...... Sorry you are in for one long season.

Mercer is just out of football and will get better, still just a midrange shooter and driver. Tucker's turnovers generally equal any points he has. even though he's a freshman, he actually should be a Soph. He is very talented and will be good addition if he slows down and doesn't make everything all about himself. Rhodes is certainly not "way behind" Dill, I would rate them about the same. I think Radio33 was saying that Rhodes' upside potential was greater in the future because of his potential size. Also, Guilboy may grow to be 6'8" and if he does, watch out. Hill is small but gives great effort. good sold freshman class. Anyway, it's not who's the best, it's who plays the best together.

I have to agree with you on this it looks as if they will be a great team over the next few years really great freshman class. Maybe a tough season this year but i think this team will really shine over the next 3 years.