USJ, A force to be reckoned with this year?

baseballordie

Ok i would like to say something about Austin Martidale.

Austin Martindale is one of the quickest high school athlete in west Tennessee. He is also great at catching. This combination makes an unbelievable stealing ability. If I am not mistaking, i believe he can make lay ups. Therefore i believe he could really shake things up this year and next year.

You are exactly right.....but my little "ballin" friend's comment above was that the guards this year were better than the ones last. Martindale played alot last year.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe last years failures or successes will have much to do with this year. I saw both EJ at Freed Hardeman and John Ross at Vanderbilt and they will be a force to be dealt with. They are practicing together outside of USJ word is and getting to know each others strenghts and weaknesses. I'm sure other team members would be there except they are playing football as are many guys in small schools. Not many players at the freshman level can see the floor like John Ross Glover. Also word is on the streets that he may be playing exposure ball with the Celtics out of Nashville in the spring---anybody confirm that?

I don't believe last years failures or successes will have much to do with this year. I saw both EJ at Freed Hardeman and John Ross at Vanderbilt and they will be a force to be dealt with. They are practicing together outside of USJ word is and getting to know each others strenghts and weaknesses. I'm sure other team members would be there except they are playing football as are many guys in small schools. Not many players at the freshman level can see the floor like John Ross Glover. Also word is on the streets that he may be playing exposure ball with the Celtics out of Nashville in the spring---anybody confirm that?

No one is doubting either of these two can play, although USJ will need to develope another pure ball handler to help with the pressure they will face in this district. It cannot be done alone even though Miller is one of the better young pure guards I have seen. Glover will need to learn to move without the ball and not force shots as he has been known to do. Not trying to offend anyone, just my opinion.

You are exactly right.....but my little "ballin" friend's comment above was that the guards this year were better than the ones last. Martindale played alot last year.

USJ has four new guards that will be playing this year. E.J. Miller, John Ross Glover, Tevin Ross, and Colton Norton. These new guards will add another dimension to this USJ offense. They will be very effective.

USJ has four new guards that will be playing this year. E.J. Miller, John Ross Glover, Tevin Ross, and Colton Norton. These new guards will add another dimension to this USJ offense. They will be very effective.

Norton played last year, Gover is not a guard, Ross is ineligible and you have confirmed you have no idea what you are talking about. Just on here promoting yourself. Either way, good luck this year.

Ok, so you're basing your beliefs on teh fact that they will have four new guards. So either they were not good enough to play over the "bad" ones last year or they are freshmen. Either way doesnt sound good. We are not talking about McDonalds All Americans as freshmen in college that will be able to make impacts. They are just freshmen or last years second stringers. Makes no sense at all.

.... and yeah, try running and gunning in that district and you'll go 0 and whatever again. These teams in this district are too fast and too athletic for a team with half as much atleticism to try to out run em. Plus you are forgetting that you have to have decent subs when you are using the hard running game and you STILL HAVE TO PLAY DEFENSE! You have to outthink these teams when you are in USJs situation. let them try to push the pace and mark my words...

"0-10"... A record to be reckoned with??? LOL

Ok, so you're basing your beliefs on teh fact that they will have four new guards. So either they were not good enough to play over the "bad" ones last year or they are freshmen. Either way doesnt sound good. We are not talking about McDonalds All Americans as freshmen in college that will be able to make impacts. They are just freshmen or last years second stringers. Makes no sense at all.

.... and yeah, try running and gunning in that district and you'll go 0 and whatever again. These teams in this district are too fast and too athletic for a team with half as much atleticism to try to out run em. Plus you are forgetting that you have to have decent subs when you are using the hard running game and you STILL HAVE TO PLAY DEFENSE! You have to outthink these teams when you are in USJs situation. let them try to push the pace and mark my words...

You my friend are dislexic.

10-0

IM RICK JAMES ######

I'm sure you are aware, but you are arguing with a 15 yr old who is actually talking about HIMSELF.

Actually baseballordie is not John Ross Glover. In fact, he is actually just a loyal fan. I happen to know him.

A loyal fan who obviously did not attend either summer camp last year, at least not with this team.

If he did......he would tone his expectations down a little and understand this will be a rebuilding year.