Independence Football

goldeneagleeye10

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Down year"- a down year may be defined as 5-wins (maybe you beat at least one rival). Ravenwood was "down" last year they were 4-6 but they beat Franklin. but a 3-win season is a down right catastrophe, and a few "red-flags" should be thrown up in people's mind's eye.

"Rebuilding Phase"- Usually means you are slowly improving. Rebuilding means that you have targeted your weaknesses, and are making strides to fix them. IHS has not shown any improvement if anything IHS has digressed. The IHS team that played BA was a better team than the team that played Dickson Co. That is not improvement, therefor that is not rebuilding

"Building for the Future"- Means that the coaches and players at IHS need to let go of the past. If IHS ever wants to return to the State Championship game, then they need to forget about the last one they went to. Instead of celebrating/ framing pictures of past accomplishments...pointing to the sky after the beat FHS for the first time in honor of T.J.... Walking out hand-in-hand against Smyrna last year at the State Championship. Those moments are long and gone, and the Coaches & players need to focus on creating new memories and Milestones.

How long does it take for IHS to turn this around? By "turn this around" I mean "return to the playoffs"

I do not think it is going to be anytime soon. Has anybody at INDY looked at the new classifications? Does anybody at INDY understand the new classifications?

Brentwood

Franklin

Overton

Hillsboro

Ravenwood

Independence

Best two all-around records move onto the playoffs (there is no longer a "region-record") How long will it take IHS to launch itself to the front of that region?

I do not know about everyone else...but I think that "INDY's Future" is scary (at best)

To Clarify, Hillsboro would be 5A alongside Hillwood and Centennial

I am so sorry, because I was under the impression that teaching blocking & tackling fell under the responsibilities of a Coach and his staff. If a Coach can not teach his team the fundamentals of the game...then maybe he is not a Coach at all.

Fundamentals are taught and sometimes it is execution that is the problem. Blocks and tackles are missed for a lot of reasons and sometimes it is the players fault. If the coaches are not teaching it (which I highly doubt) then it is the coach's fault. Have you ever taught blocking and tackling? If not then you don't know what it takes. Let's say you are a rec league baseball coach and you teach and practice bunting every practice. In a game you want someone to bunt and they strike out, should you fire the coach?

"Down year"- a down year may be defined as 5-wins (maybe you beat at least one rival). Ravenwood was "down" last year they were 4-6 but they beat Franklin. but a 3-win season is a down right catastrophe, and a few "red-flags" should be thrown up in people's mind's eye.

"Rebuilding Phase"- Usually means you are slowly improving. Rebuilding means that you have targeted your weaknesses, and are making strides to fix them. IHS has not shown any improvement if anything IHS has digressed. The IHS team that played BA was a better team than the team that played Dickson Co. That is not improvement, therefor that is not rebuilding

"Building for the Future"- Means that the coaches and players at IHS need to let go of the past. If IHS ever wants to return to the State Championship game, then they need to forget about the last one they went to. Instead of celebrating/ framing pictures of past accomplishments...pointing to the sky after the beat FHS for the first time in honor of T.J.... Walking out hand-in-hand against Smyrna last year at the State Championship. Those moments are long and gone, and the Coaches & players need to focus on creating new memories and Milestones.

I bet if you asked any of the Indy coaches if they underacheived they would say yes. But, it happens. It would not be a red flag for me unless it happens more than 1 year in a row. Football has traditions and sometimes remembering the past is good. If the past can't be remembered, why are there trophies in the school at all? You should never let go of the past. If the past was successful, then what does it take to get there. If the past was not successful, then that should motivate you to not repeat what made you not successful.

I bet if you asked any of the Indy coaches if they underacheived they would say yes. But, it happens. It would not be a red flag for me unless it happens more than 1 year in a row. Football has traditions and sometimes remembering the past is good. If the past can't be remembered, why are there trophies in the school at all? You should never let go of the past. If the past was successful, then what does it take to get there. If the past was not successful, then that should motivate you to not repeat what made you not successful.

Coach duff I agree with above stated and fact that you can teach fundementals all year on tackling, run practice all day tackling teachin fundementals some times the talent can't produce all we have here is whiNners whom blame the coach cause their kid didn't play qb for the most part so heck blame the coach right .

They even go as far as sayin last year we played easy playoff teams,millington deserved to lose squandering 21 pt lead and oh yeah catch in franklin playoff game lucky as well, never at all given credit to indy or coaches. The lost start qb and first two games has a kid in at qb that almost handed memphis east game away etc

Regardless give coaches time see what happens next year look coach snowdness or rankin would have had hard time pullin 4 wins out of this and let's face it a very poor talent wise team and yes it was a poor talented team hence as I stated many experts murph fair didn't even predict a indy playoff .

Coach duff I agree with above stated and fact that you can teach fundementals all year on tackling, run practice all day tackling teachin fundementals some times the talent can't produce all we have here is whiNners whom blame the coach cause their kid didn't play qb for the most part so heck blame the coach right .

They even go as far as sayin last year we played easy playoff teams,millington deserved to lose squandering 21 pt lead and oh yeah catch in franklin playoff game lucky as well, never at all given credit to indy or coaches. The lost start qb and first two games has a kid in at qb that almost handed memphis east game away etc

Regardless give coaches time see what happens next year look coach snowdness or rankin would have had hard time pullin 4 wins out of this and let's face it a very poor talent wise team and yes it was a poor talented team hence as I stated many experts murph fair didn't even predict a indy playoff .

I have come to the conclusion that you have a grievance against Nick Smith. All I ever hear from you is negative feedback about him. This really shows your true maturity level. Which, in reality is that of a high school student. I'm unsure why you have this grievance, however I have my suspicions.

But it does look like the whiner is you.

First, find a better quarterback. That backup that you put in vs. Franklin seemed much better than Heckman.

And that statement is going to offend a certain select few on here.

I have come to the conclusion that you have a grievance against Nick Smith. All I ever hear from you is negative feedback about him. This really shows your true maturity level. Which, in reality is that of a high school student. I'm unsure why you have this grievance, however I have my suspicions.

First I am supporting indy(reread my posts) second I am tired of a very very select few that blame the coaches and even claim last year they were lucky( parents of kid that does not play) third you cry about heckman and I am supporting him look what kid can do if he has talent around him hence no runnin back no o line etc that other qb muffed his chance last year showed his game with a lovely pic 6 to end his starting job kid cums in this year ays when games put away mop up duty ya know when teams allow short pass plays keep ball in front allow 10 yd pass keep time moving second team defenders no blitz packages want more oh yeah I will have to look at stats still had what 4 piks in mop duty

Told ya read profile more knowledge on offenses then you will ever develop

Yeah one last thing as I take off to ft lauderdale will be nice next year not to hear the negative talk you and some others did and tryin to create something of a qb deal when in fact the best kid played and that bothered you

Keep us posted on how many piks he throws next year for intramural football team please

First, find a better quarterback. That backup that you put in vs. Franklin seemed much better than Heckman.

Yeah guess you are right, you mean the kid that started last year vs you (fhs) threw 3 piks passed for 80 yds.

Or heckman last year in playoff 300 yd pass no pic (two td)

Or kid this year whom came in for mopup duty stop worrying about this and worry bout chs