perry co. summertown rival

pcviking23

This is without a doubt not a rivalry. The ol' Perry County Boys just ain't the same. They will be lucky to squeak past Hampton's Clifton squad. With a very weak post play and play and players like #23 that come in to relieve the guards and air ball shots. They are cocky, they all look to get their own shot, and they are highly overrated. As much tradition as Perry County has had in the past I personally don't think this program will last very much longer. Even tho the football team is on the rise and getting stronger, the basketball team is getting weaker. The good ol' days of the Rhodes, Haston, and Ellison are slowly disappearing. The freshman class is a bunch of ball hogs, I don't even think they have any sophmores and their juniors are a bunch of rebellious thugs that do what they want and the loss Joho or however you say his name really crushed any chance the program had of succeeding. PC finishes 8th in the district this year, mark my words.

I actually played both Hampton's and Lee's teams Saturday. We played the worst basketball I have seen in my 4 years at Camden (including the 2 win season we had my freshman year) and PC won on a buzzer beater in OT. When we played Clifton we played a little better but still orrible and they stayed tied up all game until the end of the 4th when we actually started playing a little basketball. We beat them by close to 20 in the 4th alone. But by playing both of those teams, Clifton and PC would be a close game. Neither are very good or have anything to look forward to but a long season.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic