CPA 3 FRA 2

chasanooga

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the games I have seen this year, FRA is by far the most physical team and to my novice eye received the better end of the officiating. But CPA played their best game tonight.

I haven't seen the physical side of FRA, like I have CPA, but I know they are great athletes, so I am sure they are physical also. It looks like CPA is peaking right now, which is the perfect situation. They are great athletes, have an awesome coach, and a very supportive student body and parents. I am thrilled for them. This win will definitely boost their morale to get them further in post-season. I have the utmost respect for both teams, but cannot help but root for the underdog. Go 9AA... represent this strong district and bring home a state championship. I think CPA has the potential to become one of the powerhouses in A/AA soccer for the next several years (if not longer).

No, both teams move on to Sectional games, and if they win there, both move on to the state tournament.

It was a good win for CPA and every goal on both sides was deserved. CPA showed a lot of team speed and were "scrappy" (as someone else noted). I think FRA has the better soccer players down about 4 or 5 players...then the talent blends and CPA's speed shows up. CPA has a tough forward who is very talented but I think that FRA counters with about 4 others of equal talent. CPA seemd to sub more than FRA possibly showing more depth or helping to keep fresh legs and quickness. I don't have statistics but I think that FRA out shot CPA, but we all know shots don't count...goals do. Both teams had strong crowds present. Best of luck going forward to both.

I think CPA has the potential to become one of the powerhouses in A/AA soccer for the next several years (if not longer).

You are right about this. CPA's team has 3 seniors on the roster this year, and 2 of them have not played this season due to injuries. The heart of the team, numbers and talent wise, lies in the sophomores. So yes, for the next 2 years they should be just as good if not better.