Camden and the Playoffs

BLACKGOLD4LIFE

i just want to say congrats to camden on the victory last nite but i have to say something about the officals at last nites game it was pretty much the worst ant one point in the 4th they was on our heals ross dudley made an interseption in the end zone and the officals called it a touchdown after the wavo player took the ball from him after they was both on the ground i dont know how or why they was so bad last nite. but enough about that danny kim(the golden toe) has now kicked 54 extra points in a row 4 more and he moves to 2nd in the state. congrats to him. and for anyone who didnt know that was camdens 3rd regional championship in a row. i want to say thanks to all the players and coaching staff for giving us another great season. and i think we will have some succssess in the playoffs. the only thing i would say that worries me a little is the running game up the middle last nite showed me that we need a little work with the and we also need a little work in our secondary. GO LIONS CONGRATS CLASS OF 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know if playing fairview would be a good draw or not? i have seen fairview and they throw the ball really well with a good qb. after last night camden must shore up their pass defense because fairview is big and gave lewis county a battle. this could be an upset game in the making. let's hope not. good luck lions. i've said it before and i will say it again, if waverly gets in as a wildcard and has to play milan, just go aheas and give us alcoa because we want to play the best not second best.

Fairview is a good football team with alot of good skill position guys. Number 17 is a great player and they're qb is a great runner too. They are a run-heavy - option heavy team. They are hard nosed on defense and cause alot of havoc.

All that being said, wreaking havoc is misinformed - Fairview did not exactly "give Lewis County a battle" The score was 32 to 8 and anyone that was at that game will tell you the outcome was never really in doubt. Not trying to downplay Fairview at all - make no mistake, they are good and a really tough first round draw - I just didn't see the LC-Fairview game that wreaking havoc apparently saw. It was not a battle.

i just want to say congrats to camden on the victory last nite but i have to say something about the officals at last nites game it was pretty much the worst ant one point in the 4th they was on our heals ross dudley made an interseption in the end zone and the officals called it a touchdown after the wavo player took the ball from him after they was both on the ground i dont know how or why they was so bad last nite. but enough about that danny kim(the golden toe) has now kicked 54 extra points in a row 4 more and he moves to 2nd in the state. congrats to him. and for anyone who didnt know that was camdens 3rd regional championship in a row. i want to say thanks to all the players and coaching staff for giving us another great season. and i think we will have some succssess in the playoffs. the only thing i would say that worries me a little is the running game up the middle last nite showed me that we need a little work with the and we also need a little work in our secondary. GO LIONS CONGRATS CLASS OF 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would say that secondary should be more of a concern than the running game.

i would say that secondary should be more of a concern than the running game.

o yes of course but from being there last nite and seeing coach ward's face everytime they would run up the middle and get 6+ yards you could tell that he will work on that alot the secondary has always been a concern this season but if we play fairview first round he probably will work on the secondary alot this coming up week

o yes of course but from being there last nite and seeing coach ward's face everytime they would run up the middle and get 6+ yards you could tell that he will work on that alot the secondary has always been a concern this season but if we play fairview first round he probably will work on the secondary alot this coming up week

Most(not all) of waverly runs up middle were in the first half, after halftime we shut that down pretty good, the pass D , need some work.

Any one know who fairview lost to

i don't know if playing fairview would be a good draw or not? i have seen fairview and they throw the ball really well with a good qb. after last night camden must shore up their pass defense because fairview is big and gave lewis county a battle. this could be an upset game in the making. let's hope not. good luck lions. i've said it before and i will say it again, if waverly gets in as a wildcard and has to play milan, just go aheas and give us alcoa because we want to play the best not second best.

If this is a team dissing match,Waverly needs to be able to stop the run and not throw interceptions. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Page, Hickman, Lewis. But for the lack of a credible kicking game Hickman score would have been different lost 7-6 missed XPT and (2) 30yd FGs.

Fairview likes their chances against Camden this year. Last year was a great Defensive game 7-0 at half ended 14-0. last years offense just took forever to get the veer going throughout the season. This year has seen much improved success with bruising backs Cassidy, Payne, Johnson, and Mohrman. It'll be a slug fest.

I love the rivalry that might be brewing between the two schools. hopefully we can be #1 and #2 in the quads from now on though /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I can tell you first hand Fairview from the top down respects the job Coach Ward does and the program he has built in Camden. Nothing but Respect for the Lions.

Tell you what, not seeing #40 in the middle this year will be key. That kid was a stud (did he go to Bethel?).

Most(not all) of waverly runs up middle were in the first half, after halftime we shut that down pretty good, the pass D , need some work.

Any one know who fairview lost to

I read up on the Fairview-Lewis game and it seems that the game was close until late in the 3rd being 15-8 and Fairview turned over the ball in the Red Zone and it was all Panthers the rest of the game. So it seems like they gave Lewis some what of a game. I don't see how the game was never in doubt. Looking at their stats on the Tennessean, it doesn't seem like they have a stud offensive player. They have two defensive players that stand out in Ethan Cassidy and Ben Johnson. I still think Camden would handily win this game. Doesn't seem like Fairview can put up points.

Camden would be better off playing Fairview than drawing CPA or Goodpasture, in my opinion.

Tell you what, not seeing #40 in the middle this year will be key. That kid was a stud (did he go to Bethel?).

Thanks for the good words about our program...we're awful proud on this side of the river. Yes the Moose did go to Bethel. We miss him big time, but some younger guys are stepping up although it will be tough to ever replace a kid like him.

Maybe Camden and Fairview can hook up again round 1. Great game last year...would be another good'un this year too. Good Luck to the Jackets unless we see you next week /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Page, Hickman, Lewis. But for the lack of a credible kicking game Hickman score would have been different lost 7-6 missed XPT and (2) 30yd FGs.

Fairview likes their chances against Camden this year. Last year was a great Defensive game 7-0 at half ended 14-0. last years offense just took forever to get the veer going throughout the season. This year has seen much improved success with bruising backs Cassidy, Payne, Johnson, and Mohrman. It'll be a slug fest.

I love the rivalry that might be brewing between the two schools. hopefully we can be #1 and #2 in the quads from now on though /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I can tell you first hand Fairview from the top down respects the job Coach Ward does and the program he has built in Camden. Nothing but Respect for the Lions.

I think that respect goes both ways, last year was awsome game, felt your pain with the kicking game last year but not this year #1 is having a great season(54of54 pat's) 1for 1 on FG's. If it comes down a leg we have upper hand.

#40 is gone, but found a good replacement.