Melrose at Brighton

TraderB

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and that would make it twice as sweet! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

None of you understand me at all. I say what I believe to be true, and I sugarcoat NOTHING. I don't mind being wrong, and in this case, I WANT to be wrong. It will not bother me at all, for all of you to jump on me about how wrong I am. I hope HC, Brighton, Liberty, and Hardin County ALL win tonight. I think, however, that only ONE will win, and I don't expect the other games to be close,

Team defense

Team Gm. Yds. Avg.

White Station 9 1295 143.9

Melrose 9 1325 147.2

Brighton 9 1419 157.7

Manassas 9 1471 163.4

Trezevant 9 1489 165.4

I guess Brighton's defense is horrible. They are third in the shelby metro area. They held Liberty to 92 yards. I would say they stink.

I guess I didn't know what I was talking about.

Melrose made some big plays that capitalized into points. There quaterback played very well, when plays broke down he justed moved around in the pocket and would find a open reciever. The QB had a pretty good arm. As for brighton the whole atmosphere didn't feel like their first playoff game in school history I can tell you that. I have been to plenty playoff games and that was by far the worst concerning crowd involvement etc.... Brighton just never got it going had a good stop on defense to open the game after Melrose drove the ball inside brighton twenty and then brighton move the ball very effectively into melrose territory but the drive stalled. At the half Melrose was up twelve to nothing. Brighton came back in the second half and scored on middle screen to the TB but brighton kicked the ball out of bounds. And one or two plays later melrose was in the endzone and if you thought it was quiet before it got even worse besides for melrose's band. I believe brighton has a good football team but didn't show it. I know some brighton faithful thought this could have been the worst draw for them in the playoffs and maybe that talk or attitude leaked over to the kids who knows but Melrose just kept gaining confidence every minute of the game and defensively did a great job on the screens especially the jail break screens. I believe they picked a couple off and got some pressure on the QB to force a fumble or two. Brighton had a great year but I'm sorry the atmosphere was nothing like a playoff game I figured there would be more excitement in the air, granted fans really didn't have a lot to cheer for.

Thanks for the details, Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------

I agree with you on Brighton's bad 1st-round "draw."

Everyone in Memphis knows that Melrose is amongst the best 4-loss teams in the whole State! Yet, 1-loss Brighton got to open the playoffs @ home against this very tradition-rich team....what the heck kind of "reward" is that, for a Regional runner-up!

My heart goes out to all the Brighton players and fans.

At any rate, I am shocked that this game was this one-sided. I mean, I knew that Melrose had an explosive offense with a "good" (definitely not great) defense; I just felt that, given Brighton's record, that Brighton they would at least be one-half as good as their stellar record and, therefore, pose much stiffer resistance.

This excerpt from this morning's Commercial Appeal is very telling, but not surprising: (Melrose's QB) Toney threw for 266 yards, including touchdowns plays of 26 and 65 yards to Darrell Washington in the middle two quarters....

The game just highlights what many of us on this board already know: Win-loss records don't mean diddly, once the playoffs start!

With all due respect, I sincerely believe that Brighton should look to schedule tougher non-Regional games, in the future. Win, lose or draw, those are the types of games that prepare you to compete & do well, once the playoffs come around.

-------------------------------------------------------

Great season, Brighton. Best of success next year.

Thanks for the details, Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------

I agree with you on Brighton's bad 1st-round "draw."

Everyone in Memphis knows that Melrose is amongst the best 4-loss teams in the whole State! Yet, 1-loss Brighton got to open the playoffs @ home against this very tradition-rich team....what the heck kind of "reward" is that, for a Regional runner-up!

My heart goes out to all the Brighton players and fans.

At any rate, I am shocked that this game was this one-sided. I mean, I knew that Melrose had an explosive offense with a "good" (definitely not great) defense; I just felt that, given Brighton's record, that Brighton they would at least be one-half as good as their stellar record and, therefore, pose much stiffer resistance.

This excerpt from this morning's Commercial Appeal is very telling, but not surprising: (Melrose's QB) Toney threw for 266 yards, including touchdowns plays of 26 and 65 yards to Darrell Washington in the middle two quarters....

The game just highlights what many of us on this board already know: Win-loss records don't mean diddly, once the playoffs start!

With all due respect, I sincerely believe that Brighton should look to schedule tougher non-Regional games, in the future. Win, lose or draw, those are the types of games that prepare you to compete & do well, once the playoffs come around.

-------------------------------------------------------

Great season, Brighton. Best of success next year.

The score did not surprise me. Remember that HC beat them 54-0, and it could have EASILY been 80-0, if HC had wanted it to be. Did EW play?

The score did not surprise me. Remember that HC beat them 54-0, and it could have EASILY been 80-0, if HC had wanted it to be. Did EW play?

Wow!

Man, yall's offense is other-worldly!

----------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if EW played.

Since the Commercial Appeal newspaper did not even mention his name, in their game recap, I kinda' doubt it. As a matter of fact, I'm still wondering if he even dressed out since the Fairley game.

I fired off an e-mail to the CAs High School reporter, about 2 weeks ago. He responded that he did not know if EW played vs Fayette Ware. He said that he would check into his situation...

I have not heard back from the reporter, since then.

Wow!

Man, yall's offense is other-worldly!

----------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if EW played.

Since the Commercial Appeal newspaper did not even mention his name, in their game recap, I kinda' doubt it. As a matter of fact, I'm still wondering if he even dressed out since the Fairley game.

I fired off an e-mail to the CAs High School reporter, about 2 weeks ago. He responded that he did not know if EW played vs Fayette Ware. He said that he would check into his situation...

I have not heard back from the reporter, since then.

I guess there may be a better offense out there somewhere. What makes ours so good is the number of weapons that we have. We truly have THREE excellent runners. We have SEVERAL good receivers. We have a dual purpose QB who is a VERY ACCURATE passer and an electrifying runner who is ALWAYS the fastest guy on the field. Put all of that with a "blue collar" group of offensive linemen who make very few mistakes then we have an exceptional offense that is hard to stop.

I guess there may be a better offense out there somewhere. What makes ours so good is the number of weapons that we have. We truly have THREE excellent runners. We have SEVERAL good receivers. We have a dual purpose QB who is a VERY ACCURATE passer and an electrifying runner who is ALWAYS the fastest guy on the field. Put all of that with a "blue collar" group of offensive linemen who make very few mistakes then we have an exceptional offense that is hard to stop.

"exceptional offense" Is an understatement /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

We are AWESOME

There is not a team that can stop us! We can only stop ourselves and I have not even seen that this year at all!!

This is a special team that is on its way to the BORO!

11 straight running clocks /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

"exceptional offense" Is an understatement /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

We are AWESOME

There is not a team that can stop us! We can only stop ourselves and I have not even seen that this year at all!!

This is a special team that is on its way to the BORO!

11 straight running clocks /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree that we have not been stopped but wait until we play a VERY GOOD defense before you say that.