Yellow or white ball????

redfan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the optic-yellow ball best. Because you can see it from the underhand better than white. College use it and that is where most girls wil be going. The cost is the same for both balls. It would be nice if TSSAA would make it the regulation color. Then teams that use yellow at home would not have hard to adjust too also the same for the white ball teams. Have you had a hard time finding the foul balls? Well with yellow it is easier to locate in the grass.

Pitchers are really the only ones that should have a definate opinion. As a hitter, i think the white balls go farther, but that may not be true. Pitchers are the ones that have to grip them. Some people think the yellow ones give the betters an advantage b/c they are easier to see. I really don't see the difference, but that is just my opinion. :x

As the father of a pitcher, I can tell you that the color of the ball does not matter near as much to most pitchers as the seams. The worst seams we have found on any balls are the KMasters which are used by TSSAA. The fine thread in the seams cuts into a pitcher's fingers when she throws breaking balls. During high school season, we don't go to the field without taking along some NuSkin. Does anyone know a way to persuade TSSAA to change balls? Worth has two other balls, the Dream Seam and the Red Dot, that are great.

Guest ncjenks

My daughter prefers the dream seam and in yellow, she seems to get more movement on her pitches. As a coach in ASA-NSA fastpitch travel ball I have only had one pitcher who liked the K-master white balls. I wish TSSAA would change, myself.

I have actually talked to 2 dominate high school pitchers about this subject. Danielle Pieroni from Goodpasture, and Megan Rhodes from David Lipscomb both prefer the K Master over the dream seem, and both in the conversation brought up the fact that the dream seem was used in the ASA nationals, and they were not to fired up about that. Ths size, of the pitchers hand, and maybe the resistance, as far as the calloses that pitchers build up may have an effect on it also.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a pitcher and a catcher most of the time i start the game catching so as a catchers point of view I personally like the yellow ball a whole lot better. During the night it is easier to see for me. The white balls get dirty to easy and it turns the ball a dark color and in the field lights it actaully makes it harder to see. So I like the yellow balls better.

DDP