Stone vs. CCHS, King of The Mountain

PantherMa

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first game doesnt count in the records because it was a jv game so Stone has a 1-0 all time series lead

thats becuz we only had jrs, sophmores, and freshmen. we were a jv team, cchs played their seniors, stone still won

I'm trying to figure out which game I'm going to this week.....

its at stone

Cumberland Co @ Stone Memorial

Thursday Night 7:00pm Eastern / 6:00pm Central

CCHS should win by 2 td's

alrite when i posted this, i figured stone people would say stone is gonna win and of course cchs people r gonna say cchs is gonna win, cuz thats how it is

alrite, i was thinking about the circumstances. stone and cchs both have horrible offensive groups, so its gonna be a low scoring game. as far as defense goes, cchs has a better defensive line (and bigger) while stone has a better secondary. so if stone can somewhat stop the run and stones offense can do a little something, ya stone will win, PLUS i heard cchs has lost a few key people on offense and defense, #4 cody vance and #21 brad davis. does anything know anything about them?

this one wont even be close whoever thinks cchs will beat stone needs to climb out of their cave this will be like the last two years if we were in the playoffs we would just beat you with just our JV again and continue their reign over crossville.

CCHS super muffins 0

Stone Memorial 21

The Jets should win this game. I know that people do not believe in Stone's coaching, but I trust them a heck of a lot more than the jokers at CCHS. CCHS has lost several players this year, they are down to 30 kids freshman through seniors. And most of them want it to be over. With this being said, I believe the Jets will win this game. I know pantherma, that is what you expected to here, but in this case it is what should happen. The players at CCHS will win this game even though they have questionable coaching.

Cody Vance is off the team, but Brad Davis will be playing.

The Jets should win this game. I know that people do not believe in Stone's coaching, but I trust them a heck of a lot more than the jokers at CCHS. CCHS has lost several players this year, they are down to 30 kids freshman through seniors. And most of them want it to be over. With this being said, I believe the Jets will win this game. I know pantherma, that is what you expected to here, but in this case it is what should happen. The players at CCHS will win this game even though they have questionable coaching.

Cody Vance is off the team, but Brad Davis will be playing.

its amazing how people can run coaches down about how bad they are but the ones doing the talking know next to nothing about football. people seem to forget that cchs is only repoting about a thousand kids and playing a 5a schedule with teams that are reporting 2000 kids or more. cchs has a decent set of coaches who want to win but its hard to win when you dont have the amount of talent that the other team has. if you know so much how come your not coaching. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

its amazing how people can run coaches down about how bad they are but the ones doing the talking know next to nothing about football. people seem to forget that cchs is only repoting about a thousand kids and playing a 5a schedule with teams that are reporting 2000 kids or more. cchs has a decent set of coaches who want to win but its hard to win when you dont have the amount of talent that the other team has. if you know so much how come your not coaching. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

blueten

Yes, we do play in 5A, but it is arguebly the worst region in 5A. You say that we are playing schools that have 2000 kids or more, but according to TSSAA.org none of our region opponents have more than 2000 students. As a matter of fact the enrollments are as follows: Cookeville-1907, Warren Co.-1768, Lincoln Co.-1525, Franklin Co.-1500, and Coffee Co.-1426. Also, this year, two of the teams in our region that are going to the playoffs have a losing record. (Franklin County at 3-7 and Warren County at 4-6) That shows how tough we have here at CCHS. Now, lets say your theory about being in 5A is valid. (Which it isn't, I would rather have CCHS's 5A schedule any day over Stone Memorial's 3A schedule.) What about the other non 5A teams on our schedule? Yes, we finally got by a dismal White County team one time in three years (White Co is 7-23 in the last three years). What about 3A Meigs County who are less than good, with a record of 3-7. (They probably should be 2A with the number of students that they have.) We also play 2A York Institute which is a good team, but should they come in and beat the heck out of CCHS! They are 2A!!!! Let's not forget 3A Stone Memorial who beat us 22-20 in a JV game and we played our varsity team and not to mention the 34-0 beat down they gave us last year! (They haven't won a game since.) Lets not leave out 4A Rhea County, who seems to always have our number and is actually a good team. In the past three years on average 4 of our 10 opponents have had a winning record, so it is not like we are playing powerhouse teams. In the last three years under Tony Schultz, we have been outscored 1012-155, an average score of 35-5 per game. Not to mention, we have been shut out 14 of the 29 games which is 48% of the time. So it is not like the games are even close! As far as talent, I only saw a few teams on the schedule that had more talent than CCHS. Also, there are more talented kids in that school that just don't to play for Tony Shultz, because they know he is a joke! Most of the players that play on the team think he is a joke. I have heard several of them voice their oppinions toward the situation. They are tired of being humiliated! The players on this team are real men and I commend you for sticking it out!

Bottom line, if you think that 1-28 is acceptable you need your head examined! Football on the mountain is absolutely embarrassing, and the proof is in the posts on this very thread! The kids and the community deserve a whole heck of alot better.

Good luck to both sets of players tonight!

GO JETS!!!