Tryouts

play4keeps

I know some clubs have not completed tryouts but many had their first round tryouts this weekend.

How did it go? Was turnout good? Talent level? Younger vs. Older players?

We attended tryouts for two clubs. This would be girls in the younger age groups. Was surprised to see turnout of three times as many girls at one club vs. the other.

Now the dilemma... play at the club where she will most definitely make one of the top two teams, or play for the club where she'll probably end up middle of the pack? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I just don't know if it's better for her to be on a team where she'll probably sit the bench more, but practice and play in more tournaments or to be on a team where she'll be either one of the best or equal to her teammates, but practice one less time per week and play fewer tournaments. I suppose there are arguments for both.

We are definitely excited that club ball is starting again!

Welcome 4sports4us! I hope you enjoy our community of club players, fans, parents, and coaches.

Let us know which club your daughter ends up playing for. Your questions are the same one every parent asks. Especially since fees are pretty much even. How much does your daughter learn? We look at coaches first. Playing on the "2" team at one club may equate to playing on the "1" team at another club.

I guess I think that touching the ball all year can't help but make a girl a better player, regardless of the success of the team.

Best of luck!

Choo-Choo City VBC in Chattanooga had a great turn out with about 150 girls trying out for 12's to 18's. Lots of returning players and new players. Happy to see the growth and talent. Looks like we will have two teams at 15, 16, and 17 and one team at 12, 14, and 18.

Awesome turnout! Do you think DigToWin had a similar turnout? It's great to see your club growing!

Don't know, their tryouts for 15 and up are tonight and tomorrow. Maybe someone who attended will post their numbers. I hope it went well because that would mean more volleyball players in Chattanooga, building better competition when high school season comes around.

P4k, there have been numerous fans posting on the 'VB" site for HS. Its evident that dropping down to this site caught some unsure that you need to be a member to post on this site. The cost for joining is $24 a year and covers many other sports also. Look around the site. You also get to post with one of the most knowledgable sources on the Subject in Play4Keeps known around the CoachT circles as the "Queen of the Club Travel Circuit in Tennessee". Her continued background in the Subject and being around those who are makes her ability to know whats going on invaluable. I believe she also boards a player in her domicile. That in itself increases the value. Clubs around Bristol, Kingsport, in sullivan, Around Morristown, Around Knoxville, in Columbia, around clarksville, Around Jackson, Around Martin, Around Murfreesboro, Covering Southwestern Tennessee (Might even be in Alabama), Other clubs in West Tennessee are just a few areas that I can think of that might have been mentioned or when attending High School matches the subject came up.