• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you called Cosby..??

I'm not sure if they have a full schedule yet

423-487-4532

Posted by swish1:

Hancock boys and girls need "home and home" games due to recent cancellations. Prefer games in East Tn. area but will consider others if a return game is possible. If interested call 423-733-4611 or 423-733-1564 coach Johnson bbk, Ramsey gbk or Seal AD.

I feel sorry for the H.C.H.S. and for the community in this basketball town. The politics there are going to really hurt the boys H.S. team. They had chances to get some good coaches up their, after a great one retired this year but instead they decided to go for a jr. pro guy. Its not his fault, Town leaders just wanted some good o'l boys around. You will have the talent but will lack the coaching skills to comepete. Rival teams lick your chops no more state for these boys. It really is ashame, the retiring coach didnt even get a say so in this one. Hes the one that will hurt, he built the basketball tradition here. Community and school leaders should have sought better talent or hired the city boy that come up to interview that you shunned away with disrespect.

We were in the middle of a budget crisis. The city boy (as you put it) was not considered because we couldn't promise our current staff much less a non-tenured, non-experienced coach a job. We don't need a Donelson Christian assistant who couldn't win the state tourney with a 7-0 Tennessee signee and another player 6-7 who was good to push us over the top. Coach Johnson will do just fine. Thank you for your arrogant concern, but mind your own business.

Guest cutnoslack

Of all the games that I would love to see would be Hancock and Unaka. I was thinking that years ago they used to play one another. The only drawback would be having to play each other later down the road.

Posted by Campbelle2:

We were in the middle of a budget crisis. The city boy (as you put it) was not considered because we couldn't promise our current staff much less a non-tenured, non-experienced coach a job. We don't need a Donelson Christian assistant who couldn't win the state tourney with a 7-0 Tennessee signee and another player 6-7 who was good to push us over the top. Coach Johnson will do just fine. Thank you for your arrogant concern, but mind your own business.

Did you ever look at the resume? He came from a great basketball background. Alot better than a jr. pro coach. Your loss is someone elses gane. I would watch his future because it sure looks bright!! If you were even serious about your basketball you would have at least looked at other coaches. You owed that to Rocky, young Vick and the other boys. Anyway goodluck keeping up the program.

I know he played for Meyer at Lipscomb and is a young assistant. This does not make him a good fit for Hancock. He would have won one year here and on his way. These guys look for a quick state tourney appearence and than a bigger school or a college assistant's job. I personnally, after withdrawing my name from consideration, wanted someone who would stay the course. Coach Johnson has experience as a varsity assistant and JV head coach in Georgia. He also coached our middle school girls for 3 years. He has been successful at every level. I took a job on the staff at a local University and withdrew my name. I had to pray about this situation alot and feel I made the right decision after much consideration. Coach Johnson has more experience and is one of our own who will stay the course. No one cares for Rocky and those boys more than me. I helped raise them in this game and I am proud of my association with them. They are winners period. You seem to have an agenda that comes from outside Hancock County. You sound a lot like the man who recommended this Donelson Christian assistant for the job because of sour grapes and a dislike for people who tell the truth.

Posted by bigAsports:
Posted by Campbelle2:

We were in the middle of a budget crisis. The city boy (as you put it) was not considered because we couldn't promise our current staff much less a non-tenured, non-experienced coach a job. We don't need a Donelson Christian assistant who couldn't win the state tourney with a 7-0 Tennessee signee and another player 6-7 who was good to push us over the top._. Coach Johnson will do just fine. Thank you for your arrogant concern, but mind your own business.

Did you ever look at the resume? He came from a great basketball background. Alot better than a jr. pro coach. Your loss is someone elses gane. I would watch his future because it sure looks bright!! If you were even serious about your basketball you would have at least looked at other coaches. You owed that to Rocky, young Vick and the other boys. Anyway goodluck keeping up the program.

Who' Vick??????

Im sure the "city coach" you speak of is a fine person and we wish him success. However Coach Johnson is also a fine person with much more experience than you suggest. He has coached high school basketball in Tn. and Ga. and for a "good ol boy" has been successful. By the way, Hancock is needing games. Would a "big city school" near you be interested in playing us "good ol boys"?

Posted by swish1:

Im sure the "city coach" you speak of is a fine person and we wish him success. However Coach Johnson is also a fine person with much more experience than you suggest. He has coached high school basketball in Tn. and Ga. and for a "good ol boy" has been successful. By the way, Hancock is needing games. Would a "big city school" near you be interested in playing us "good ol boys"?

No offense towards Coach Johnson as a person Im sure hes a fine person. Im just saying you could have handled things differently. Is he the best you could have had? NO! But you chose someone in your back yard and if your happy with that so be it. Its the good ol boy way.

[Edited by bigAsports on 8-21-02 2:34P]

Posted by Campbelle2:

I know he played for Meyer at Lipscomb and is a young assistant. This does not make him a good fit for Hancock. He would have won one year here and on his way. These guys look for a quick state tourney appearence and than a bigger school or a college assistant's job. I personnally, after withdrawing my name from consideration, wanted someone who would stay the course. Coach Johnson has experience as a varsity assistant and JV head coach in Georgia. He also coached our middle school girls for 3 years. He has been successful at every level. I took a job on the staff at a local University and withdrew my name. I had to pray about this situation alot and feel I made the right decision after much consideration. Coach Johnson has more experience and is one of our own who will stay the course. No one cares for Rocky and those boys more than me. I helped raise them in this game and I am proud of my association with them. They are winners period. You seem to have an agenda that comes from outside Hancock County. You sound a lot like the man who recommended this Donelson Christian assistant for the job because of sour grapes and a dislike for people who tell the truth.

I respect your comments. Did you ask this guy how long he would stay or about his future plans? Im rather sure you did not. How can you say or predict his future actions? I dont care if he got the position or not. Im just dissapointed that he didnt get a fair shot. I heard he had an interview and the interviewee didnt show up or give the respect of a phonecall. Its a good drive to your neck of the woods.