Way Too Serious

Wave80

High school football is not life or death but you have to make the players believe it is if you want to win a championship. The work you put into a winning highschool football program is like the work you do to make a living. You have to be dedicated every day for the most part. Sometimes you have to even play hurt or sick in order to win. These are my personal experiences and opinion. However, for those programs like a Red Boiling or others on this level, football probably isnt considered life or death. You get what you pay for.

You don't have to think something is life or death in order to give great effort. You're right about having to give full effort in everything you do in life. I played hurt and I played with passion. You can learn a lot of great life lessons from sports . . . dedication, perseverance when things get tough and a lot of other noble characteristics.

My original point is that same people (fans) make it seem like its the only thing that matters in the whole world.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. it was a good game last time and Page is playing much better football as of late. It should be another good game

so its one or two more rounds before anybody from here in far west plays region 5 survivors . . . maybe yall will beat each other to smitherines before we even have a chance to come that way if we get that far.

so its one or two more rounds before anybody from here in far west plays region 5 survivors . . . maybe yall will beat each other to smitherines before we even have a chance to come that way if we get that far.

See. It is life or death. IT'S PLAYOFF TIME!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

This site is dedicated to HS sports and this section is for HS Football, not college ball. College Football for most schools is a business. HS Football is for the love of the game, pride for your school, the Friday Night Lights, Remember the Titans...a town or community's passion. Apparently the passion has left you or you have yet to receive it. Most people who post and those who are only voyeurs on CoachT have that passion or that pride. I don't know how old you are, but wait until you have a son who plays on the local team.

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not life or death. But high school football, along with the Boy Scouts, is one of the few remaining programs in our highly feminized culture that is dedicated exclusively to teaching boys to be men. As such it has a lasting impact on most of those who play the game disproportionate to other childhood experiences. The saying "48 minutes of playing time, a life time of memories" is very true. I haven't buckled a chin strap in 4 decades. And yet, at least once a month I awake from a dream where I have been back on the field, lined down across from my rival and once again participating in America's finest masculine training program.

If you want to witness to me your welcome to do that if you ever run into me at a game or on another web site, this site is for the discussion of high school sports. If you don't understand the rivalry, and intensity of it well then I feel sorry for you. High school sports is supposed to be the last level where the game is pure and kids play it based on a love of it. Sure some have college dreams and many of them are fulfilled. For the rest of us we can say I knew him when, or I saw him play at. High School sports is serious to some people, and I know that I get what some would call way too intense on game nights. You know what though? I LOVE IT!!! I would never start a physical fight with someone over a high school event or even be seriously demeaning to them in person or on here. As for me I try to stick to facts and let the kids fight it out on the field/court/diamond wherever.

I guess you either get it or you don't. Some of us will think about the upcoming playoff game at some point this week, some of us more then others. Some of us will get a little excited about the pop of the pads and the thrill of the game; again some more then others. For those that get that HURRY UP FRIDAY!!! For those that don't go watch a neighbors kid or a family member play. If you don't have that option just go to the closest playoff game to you on Friday and watch it. Be warned, if you have an open mind and enjoy sports you might catch the fever.

I guess what I'm saying is the degree of intensity obviously varies from poster to poster and this is a big state. You can't stop stupid only deal with it after it happens. Like everything else in this world don't let the bad eggs spoil it for you.

Also if you are one of those that don't get it or know someone like that. Buy them a copy of the book Bleachers and see if they don't understand how important sports can be in devolping children into adults.

Thank you CoachT.com for allowing us a place like this to vent our frustrations to other fans.

It's not life or death. But high school football, along with the Boy Scouts, is one of the few remaining programs in our highly feminized culture that is dedicated exclusively to teaching boys to be men. As such it has a lasting impact on most of those who play the game disproportionate to other childhood experiences. The saying "48 minutes of playing time, a life time of memories" is very true. I haven't buckled a chin strap in 4 decades. And yet, at least once a month I awake from a dream where I have been back on the field, lined down across from my rival and once again participating in America's finest masculine training program.

this has to be one of the most true posts i have ever read.I sir agree with everything you have said, boy scouts and football truly are what makes a young boy into a man,plus its two of the few things that hasnt been corrupted or FEMINIZED. its been three decades and i to still have the same dream, awesome lessons come from this great game that god has given us. GREAT POST sir.

Just an observation but some poster on here take it way to serious . . . I know some is good natured barbs back and forth between rivals that are five miles apart like but some of you sound like you think this is life or death and your well being in life depends on the outcome of the games or whether or not your region sweeps another in the first round.

Some of you are just having fun but some of you are a little over the top. I personally wish some people would get this fanatical about witnessing about Christianity or volunteering at a local charity.

Good luck to all and hope nobody has any injuries at games or traveling to or from games.

I dont know how much you know about FB Wave80 but you sound like a good Christian. GODBLESS you. I have coached/played FB most of my life. I have taught SUNDAY SCHOOL. Both are great. I felt like in coaching FB that I could reach more kids that did not have a mom or dad that taught them about CHRIST. WE prayed more in FB as a player and coach than CHURCH. Some kids never go to church, but they do play or watch FB. This sport is the best lesson you can learn about life , its ups and downs, the respect for other players coaches and people. AT one school where I was coaching , a teacher came to me and started talking about this kid that was in trouble all the time. Fighting/skipping class/cursing and somethings I cant repeat. The teacher said he was big and strong and he had moved in from NEW YORK CITY. Me being a football coach, I am always looking for big, mean, nasty boys. This one needed CHRIST, too. With that being said, FB & CHRIST changed his life. His grades went from Fs TO As and he made a great FB player. He stopped fighting and he was always in school.This is just one KID, one LIFE that was changed. There are alot more. GOD GAVE FOOTBALL TO US. THANK GOD FOR IT & TALK ON MY CHRISTIAN BROTHERS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I dont know how much you know about FB Wave80 but you sound like a good Christian GODBLESS you .I have coached/played FB most of my life I have taught SUNDAY SCHOOL both is great. But I felt like in coaching FB that I could reach more kids that did not have a mom or dad that taught them about CHRIST. WE prayed more in FB as a player and coach than CHURCH .Some kids never go to church but they do play or watch FB this sport is the best lesson you can learn about life its ups and downs the respect for other players coaches and people. AT one school were I was coaching a teacher came to me and started talking about this kid that was in trouble all the time fighting/skipping class/cursing and somethings I cant repeat. The teacher said he was big and strong and he moved in from NEW YORK CITY me being a football coach I am always looking for big mean nasty boys this one needed CHRIST too.With that being said FB & CHIRST changed his life his grades went form Fs TO As and he made a great FB player he stoped fighting and he was always in school.This is just one KID one LIFE that was changed there are alot more GOD GAVE FOOTBALL TO US THANK GOD FOR IT &TALK ON MY CHRISTIAN BROTHERS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So many have missed the point of my original post.

I love football. I love competition. I love that two teams can engage in a fierce, skillful battle for 48 minutes and shake hands like gentlemen afterward (reference the McKenzie vs. Manassas game). There are great things about football and sports in general and I'm definitely against, as one poster put it, feminizing everything. I'm not even trying to evangelize on here. There's just a few folks (and I really mean a FEW) whose TONE in their writing sounds like they want to do bodily harm to a rival that disagrees with them. Again, nothing wrong with some good natured barbs and verbal jousting between rivals. I guess I'd better shut upon this.