FRA vs. ND

BigG

This is what I had from Coniglio and Reaction (so take it with a grain of salt... Coniglio's hair was probably in the way for most of the game)

FRA came out strong, and ND seemed somewhat flat in the beginning of the match. FRA scores off of a long throw in. This seems to wake ND up and they started to play really well. FRA then gets another goal off of a throw in making it 2-0. ND is possessing well, but can't get one in. ND finally scores (don't know how) to make it 2-1 at half.

Reaction had to leave at half, and Coniglio was being stubborn and not texting, so the second half was sparse. The details I got (3rd hand) was that ND played a GREAT second half, but just couldn't score. Final, 2-1 FRA.

DonC, it was a great run. My hats off to you and ND. I hold you all in the highest respect and wish it could have been otherwise. (You know what I was desiring for a final match up).

If anyone has more details, please post.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'll edit your summary a little bit.

FRA scored first. Then Notre Dame got an equalizer within the next 4 or so minutes (check articles for real info) and then FRA got another about 6 and a half minutes before halftime.

2-1 at the half FRA leads.

2nd half was another epic one with each ND trip downfield possibly being the one to tie it all up but they never quite could find the back of the net. Great game by both teams. Heartbreaking for ND to lose 4 straight in the semi's. They have a great team and will be back next year as always.

Ok I'll edit your summary a little bit.

FRA scored first. Then Notre Dame got an equalizer within the next 4 or so minutes (check articles for real info) and then FRA got another about 6 and a half minutes before halftime.

2-1 at the half FRA leads.

2nd half was another epic one with each ND trip downfield possibly being the one to tie it all up but they never quite could find the back of the net. Great game by both teams. Heartbreaking for ND to lose 4 straight in the semi's. They have a great team and will be back next year as always.

And ND won't have to see FRA no matter how the draw goes!!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

One of the best second halves I have ever seen in high schoool soccer....Really was an exciting game...Notre Dame's intensity after half time was great ! Great job to the seniors in their last game...it was a great one....

David

Wow! What are the chances both ND and Baylor lose! My heart aches for the ND and Baylor girls. It must be a gray day in Chattanooga soccer circles.

This is what I had from Coniglio and Reaction (so take it with a grain of salt... Coniglio's hair was probably in the way for most of the game)

FRA came out strong, and ND seemed somewhat flat in the beginning of the match. FRA scores off of a long throw in. This seems to wake ND up and they started to play really well. FRA then gets another goal off of a throw in making it 2-0. ND is possessing well, but can't get one in. ND finally scores (don't know how) to make it 2-1 at half.

Reaction had to leave at half, and Coniglio was being stubborn and not texting, so the second half was sparse. The details I got (3rd hand) was that ND played a GREAT second half, but just couldn't score. Final, 2-1 FRA.

DonC, it was a great run. My hats off to you and ND. I hold you all in the highest respect and wish it could have been otherwise. (You know what I was desiring for a final match up).

If anyone has more details, please post.

I told you it was 2-1 at half. Where were your reading glasses when you checked my text message. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I told you it was 2-1 at half. Where were your reading glasses when you checked my text message. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was thinking the same thing, reaction. So why'd you leave early?

I could not agree with you more. I was so depressed I did not get online until tonight....who would have thought that Baylor and ND would both go out in the semis. Both had great seasons but this was certainly not how we all saw it ending. Very hard for the seniors of these teams....but they have much to be proud of.

Let's just say that it is appropriate that it is a gray and rainy day in Chattanooga....

I was thinking the same thing, reaction. So why'd you leave early?

I had 2 indoor games.

Weight Watchers, are you serious?? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />