Mountain Lakes vs Five Rivers

bubbydean

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference between backing your brother and knowing when your brother is in over his head against that 6'6" 350 lb guy. I'll take the guy with 2 arms and 2 legs anytime over the guy with just 2 legs. Hey, I'll back everybody up this week playing against the 5 creeks conference but you have to call em like you see em. All I've heard you talk about is the injuries this year and how it will be different when people get back. So you're saying that you would have beat Norf by only 2 points even with all your boys playing that night? That's what I'm hearing and I say no way. I don't think Norf would score against you all now. I was there and on the North side believe it or not. South and TN High move on along with Greeneville but closer than what most devils believe. I believe Mo East wins easily but maybe I'll be wrong. I want homefield so how about 4-0 for the MLC!!!!

Even at 6??™6??? and 350??¦if he was by himself he would take one. Really thought??¦why do you give MoEast so much credit? Have you seen them play, looked at their schedule and results, heard of some major D1 player on their team? What is it that leads you to believe that North will get manhandled? Did you know that they beat Karns by 1 point??¦Karns hasn??™t won a game all year. Did you know that the score between them and Cherokee was 20-26? How about getting dragged by Greenville 34-14. Don??™t think that just because South was able to put North in their place means it??™s going to be that easy for others. Don??™t forget these boys have nothing to loose??¦but much respect to gain. The fact that if they win they get a rematch with you guys will probably be drive enough. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If Betsy holds on to the ball and they play with the intensity that they did when the played South, I personally think they can give greeneville a run for it, Greeneville is big and well coached should be a purty good game...Hold on to it Betsy...

If THS can shake off the loss last week, I think they have a better than average chance of beating the Trojans, although Mo' West has shown signs of being really good at times this year, might be a real tight one at the castle, depending on which team shows up...

Mo' East big O-line, and not bad on speed niether, there D-line is not as big but they are fast, If North can hit there blocking assignments and make them work tonight they will have a good chance of pulling the upset...If they don't it might be a long night for them...Both teams seem to be running teams, with East passing more than North, Get you pass defense ready North...

Everyone is saying blowout, and it may be, but if South overlooks the chiefs they could very well pull an upset, they played the upper's of the five rivers tough all year, and blew out the same ones they did...they racked up a lot of yards against a very good greendevil defense, If South doesn't overlook them and plays to there full potential it might be a hard road tonight for cherokee...

predictions....

game #1 Betsy in the upset...

game #2 THS, they will shake it off and show what they are capable of...

game #3 Mo' East, to big on O and too fast on D...

game #4 South, Very instense on D, and the O keeps rolling...

Good Luck all Teams and Be Safe!!!

GO MLC!!!

Who?

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> GOOD ONE.

Come on Cat, I had him set up for the punchline! Which I'm sure you could predict what it was gonna be anyway.

I bet he can't. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Cap may have me on this one. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Let me hear it.

???Who??? as in who is North or is North really a football team??¦never hear of em.

Am I close? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

???Who??? as in who is North or is North really a football team??¦never hear of em.

Am I close? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You let me down W1ldcat, not to mention your pending situation in our South thread has left me stunned!

Cap, you're in the neighborhood, but the punchline was going to end up with me saying "Oh, you mean the Mama's House Raiders, followed by making fun of them one way or another." Good football team, however, was not going to be something I'd say.

You let me down W1ldcat, not to mention your pending situation in our South thread has left me stunned!

Cap, you're in the neighborhood, but the punchline was going to end up with me saying "Oh, you mean the Mama's House Raiders, followed by making fun of them one way or another." Good football team, however, was not going to be something I'd say.

Well, I thought about Mama's house raiders too but I figured there was something I was missing. I have left you stunned?

You people keep missing the point. It's called coaching.Some have it some don't. Two short years ago MoWest was a Dynasty. You newbies don't know these things. A Dynasty runs for at least 10 years. Coach Don Woods has been gone for two years now. The proof is in the pudding. THS takes MoWest. Two short years ago MoEast stunk hard and out loud...for many years. In walks a new coach and all of a sudden they are top dog. Robbie Norris is a Norther but was an understudy of GC at DB for 3 years. Piloting a 2A enrollment North will give MoEast all they can stand until the bullet hits the bone. Greenville was chaff prior to McCurray taking over two years ago. And you want to dis Elizabethton? Get a grip...'Betsy has been a perenial power since the 70's. And with Whitten as their coach...well let's just say they play up to the competition. I'll go ahead and say they will beat Greeneville. Barner is back but not 100% and in my view Hall is a much better all around QB than Greenway. Yeah, I said it, but 'Betsy will put it all together tonight.

So what we have here is the MLC: South 1051, THS 1150, North 700 (if you count the 8th grade), and 'Betsy 825.

The 5 Rivers: Greeneville 850, MoEast 1490, MoWest 1450, Cherokee 1595 (?)

So this thread is about who has the better conference? Well, I would say it is just about dead even. The lowland people will say that their top 3 could all vie for a semifinal game. And the Mountain people claim that over all we got some fighters. I will go so far as to say that the talent scope says that the 'Rivers top 3 are dead even as pertaining to talent. And coaching goes to Greeneville then MoEast and MoWest. Coaching is everything whether you want to believe it or not. In the MLC I would give the overall talent list to South then 'Betsy, then THS and then North. The blood and guts award will without argument go to North. The coaching has to go to South then North, then 'Betsy and then THS. 'Betsy blew their season with turnovers...period! But they have the Skill and just as much as either of the Rivers top 3. THS has not only the bitter taste of lost MLC championships but as well and maybe more importantly the discusting taste of a first round lose to the 5 Rivers in '07. Cherokee...well I'm always leary of underdogs. They may have way too many Meth Kitchens in Rogersville but they have some big boys. I see quite a few injuries from this game sad to say. I have warned my Rebels of the potential danger but I fear it fell on deaf ears. If the speed of the game slows any degree at all then I see danger. He who hits hardest gets hurt the least.

So: THS - 35/MoWest - 17...'Betsy - 35/Greeneville - 28...North - 16/MoEast - 17...South/Cherokee? Their is superstitious...writing on the wall. I can't predict my own score. I see a middle of the field brawl though.

Oh, and one more...Cleveland beats Maryville.

Rebel Nation. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />