Powell at Rhea

BackValleyRally

Since when did throwing the ball 14 times become heavy on the pass? Get a clue man. In the past, our coverage has been horrible in the 3-5-3 so that excuse doesn't work. If anything adding that forth man to the line has helped us get a little heat on the QB which helps our coverage.

Fitzgerald and maybe a few people who don't know a dang thing about football are the only ones who actually thinks that defense works, and I agree with super. If we come out with our normal front then this Powell team is going to run all over us. Thank goodness we saw the edition of Revis on defense this week.

Let's not get back onto this subject. Fitzgerald got us this far and that's all I'm going to say about that. I agree that a fourth man on the line helps pressure the quarterback. I believe we'll do that again and I'm not talking about our game against Clinton. If you watch film from there past games they relied on their quarterback's strong arm to bomb it to the receivers and even complete short passes. They made plenty of passes in other games so that's why I said Fitz's gameplan was to stop there pass and I think the defense did that well. It got clinton to try running their backs and the quarterback all night. We got the score up and the runs ran the clock down so I believe our game plan did good. Enough about that, it's time for Powell. I believe the coaches and players will do great during practice and the game friday.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously think Powell has this game. It will be a tough one but i believe Powell will get it done. Rhea Countys defense can be ran on and Kier Houston will use that to his advantage. And another thing that most people dont notice is Powells receivers might not be the biggest or fastest but they know how to block their man and make gaps for their backs or Kier. Also most coaches are gonna have the linebackers/secondary try and stop the run and Powell will keep them off guard with the pass. And Powells receivers can make some plays (Tall and fast for the deep ball or short and shifty up close) With Coach Lowe calling the plays (hopefully not too conservative) the offense can be really good, the skill is there. They have worked hard for it. If both sides of the ball are clicking ,like they should, Powell is a team to knock you off your feet with their talent. So basically what im saying is if Powells defense makes the plays, makes the stops, and makes the big hits and gets the offense the ball and the offense does their part and puts points on the board, Powell Will Win!

Powell-30

Rhea Co.-21

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I seriously think Powell has this game. It will be a tough one but i believe Powell will get it done. Rhea Countys defense can be ran on and Kier Houston will use that to his advantage. And another thing that most people dont notice is Powells receivers might not be the biggest or fastest but they know how to block their man and make gaps for their backs or Kier. Also most coaches are gonna have the linebackers/secondary try and stop the run and Powell will keep them off guard with the pass. And Powells receivers can make some plays (Tall and fast for the deep ball or short and shifty up close) With Coach Lowe calling the plays (hopefully not too conservative) the offense can be really good, the skill is there. They have worked hard for it. If both sides of the ball are clicking ,like they should, Powell is a team to knock you off your feet with their talent. So basically what im saying is if Powells defense makes the plays, makes the stops, and makes the big hits and gets the offense the ball and the offense does their part and puts points on the board, Powell Will Win!

Powell-30

Rhea Co.-21

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that could be said for any team. If Rhea makes big plays on defense and gets offense the ball and then they score than yeah... I think that Rhea really has a chance. I think we'll be more prepared this week in the secondary to stop the pass and we'll be more aggressive up front. Our offense is stepping up and doing their job so defense is gonnna have to step up and I believe they're gonna do it. We have amazing playmakers on defense that can do amazing things and this should be a good game and I'm still saying rhea can do it.

Thank goodness we saw the edition of Revis on defense this week.

JD32, the sad part about it is....if we would put the right players out there in the right formations then teams wouldnt be able to run it down our throats. this team has so much talent even with our best player out for the season..hopefully Revis will make another appearance this week on defense...i thought he looked good.

most of all I hope the refs show up....last week was another terribly called game. I wasnt even sure if the refs brought their flags cause they called absolutely nothing.

JD32, the sad part about it is....if we would put the right players out there in the right formations then teams wouldnt be able to run it down our throats. this team has so much talent even with our best player out for the season..hopefully Revis will make another appearance this week on defense...i thought he looked good.

most of all I hope the refs show up....last week was another terribly called game. I wasnt even sure if the refs brought their flags cause they called absolutely nothing.

Personel wise it should be the same. Revis I'm pretty sure will see time on both sides of the ball again. He did looked good on both sides of the ball.

Also these seniors and the rest of the team knows what is on the line, lose and they are done. I know they are not going to let that happen.

our run defense will have to show up to win this game Friday. lets hope fitz puts some kids in there who can clog that middle...and most of all GET RID OF THE 3 5 3

Uhh, both phases of the defense will have to show up if you seen film on Powel you would understand this.

Since when did throwing the ball 14 times become heavy on the pass? Get a clue man. In the past, our coverage has been horrible in the 3-5-3 so that excuse doesn't work. If anything adding that forth man to the line has helped us get a little heat on the QB which helps our coverage.

Fitzgerald and maybe a few people who don't know a dang thing about football are the only ones who actually thinks that defense works, and I agree with super. If we come out with our normal front then this Powell team is going to run all over us. Thank goodness we saw the edition of Revis on defense this week.

Obviously Fitzgerald knows how too win,I believe we held Clinton's varsity to 14pts so you get a clue and stop being a hater of Fitzgerald.

If Rhea can put up a defensive front and get to Houston as well as score points (as they seem to be able to) then they can win this game. Powell's D is improved from earlier this season but they can be scored on and often Clinton took them a long way. Get in their face early and you can break them but if you let get up on you then it will be a long night. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

Uhh, both phases of the defense will have to show up if you seen film on Powel you would understand this.

Obviously Fitzgerald knows how too win,I believe we held Clinton's varsity was to 14pts so you get a clue and stop being a hater of Fitzgerald.

i was just wondering, what exactly is a "phase" of a defense....it must be some technical football term

unbeknownst to those of us who don't spend our time studying film on Powell....all fitzgerald has done is win the games he was supposed to win and throw in a toss up victory at red bank. its a joke that he can go into cleveland and his team gets completely outplayed and completely out coached, putting forth the most pathetic offensive display ive seen in a while....and still get coach of the year. oh well...

Pride lets not get off on this tangent again...

i was just wondering, what exactly is a "phase" of a defense....it must be some technical football term

unbeknownst to those of us who don't spend our time studying film on Powell....all fitzgerald has done is win the games he was supposed to win and throw in a toss up victory at red bank. its a joke that he can go into cleveland and his team gets completely outplayed and completely out coached, putting forth the most pathetic offensive display ive seen in a while....and still get coach of the year. oh well...

Pride lets not get off on this tangent again...

Whats pathetic is you two fools and coach congrats on your award