Powell at Rhea

BackValleyRally

Well I have seen Powell on film and they are a solid team, but they are not as fast at receiver as Clinton. They do have a great QB. However, if we contain him and pressure him enough like we did Stone for Clinton. Then we may slow him down enough to win. This going to be a hard game, but a game that I believe we game win. The players have seen Powell on film so they already know alittle about them. I wasn't really impressed with Powell's 2 unit system. Grant it they stay fresh though. I'm not to impressed with powell's running backs infact Red Bank's running backs are better. Powell I heard runs the same defense as us the 3-5-3. The thing I noticed more than anything is Powell's coach, he looks wild with his backward upside down visor, and chest bumping his players.

Should be a great game next week.

Well, don't under estimate Powell's team or the running backs. Powell as a team has rushed going into last nights game over 1800 yards. The running backs account for over 900 yards. Powell rushed for over 200 last night with Luke leading the way. Also, Powell has better WR's as a group than Clinton and if they can get going, then it will be hard to stop them. I think that this will be a very interesting game not really knowing much about Rhea County and I am looking for a Powell win so that we can get back home for Round 3.

Powell - 36

Rhea Co - 17

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have seen Powell on film and they are a solid team, but they are not as fast at receiver as Clinton. They do have a great QB. However, if we contain him and pressure him enough like we did Stone for Clinton. Then we may slow him down enough to win. This going to be a hard game, but a game that I believe we game win. The players have seen Powell on film so they already know alittle about them. I wasn't really impressed with Powell's 2 unit system. Grant it they stay fresh though. I'm not to impressed with powell's running backs infact Red Bank's running backs are better. Powell I heard runs the same defense as us the 3-5-3. The thing I noticed more than anything is Powell's coach, he looks wild with his backward upside down visor, and chest bumping his players.

Should be a great game next week.

Yeah, Powell is awful. They've won 9 games this year with smoke and mirrors. In fact, Rhea County need not even worry about them at all. Go ahead and use this week as an extra week to prepare for Maryville. Y'all don't need to worry about scheming for Powell. They've got no play makers at all. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Yeah, Powell is awful. They've won 9 games this year with smoke and mirrors. In fact, Rhea County need not even worry about them at all. Go ahead and use this week as an extra week to prepare for Maryville. Y'all don't need to worry about scheming for Powell. They've got no play makers at all. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Wow - can you spell B-I-T-T-E-R? There's not one post on this thread by a Rhea County fan that warrants this type of smart arse sarcasm. Take your troll self and hide out under someone else's bridge. Don't come over here and try to pick a fight or stir up crap. That's not what this thread is for.

I think we all know we're in for a battle Friday. But let me tell you about Rhea County fans, they like to stay optimistic, positive about their team (well, most of us do, anyway). We're not cocky - we're just believers. We believe in our team and we believe they can do anything they set their mind to. And there is no preparation for Maryville. If we make it that far, I think we're all realists enough to know that will be the end of the road for us. Heck, I'll just be happy to make it that far. I'm happy to make it THIS far.

Now, shoo!

Wow - can you spell B-I-T-T-E-R? There's not one post on this thread by a Rhea County fan that warrants this type of smart arse sarcasm. Take your troll self and hide out under someone else's bridge. Don't come over here and try to pick a fight or stir up crap. That's not what this thread is for.

I think we all know we're in for a battle Friday. But let me tell you about Rhea County fans, they like to stay optimistic, positive about their team (well, most of us do, anyway). We're not cocky - we're just believers. We believe in our team and we believe they can do anything they set their mind to. And there is no preparation for Maryville. If we make it that far, I think we're all realists enough to know that will be the end of the road for us. Heck, I'll just be happy to make it that far. I'm happy to make it THIS far.

Now, shoo!

I'm gonna stick up for HTV a bit. This isn't the first time he has posted a sarcastic post like this (notice his smiley at the end?). In fact, those who have read his posts will notice that it is almost identical to a post he had a few weeks ago. He then followed up that post with a very honest response. The last thing HTV would ever do is try and stir something up, especially regarding a high school football game. If you look at his previous posts (all 2000+), you will notice that he is a very honest and informative source for the Powell program. There is no need to get so worked up about his sarcasm.

Now, shoo!

I think he's kidding, eaglefan. Easy... Valium, maybe? Just a suggestion.

I thought we executed pretty well last night, especially after we gave up on running the trap exclusively on the first two drives or so. Looks like we found some new ways to get Moffet the football in open space. Wideouts really stepped up and caught some tough passes. Defensively, we caused some turnovers, but hopefully this experience with a tough back and a shifty QB will prepare us to tackle those Powell guys. Good job, boys. Keep it rolling.

Now, shoo!

Bitter? It's called sarcasm. I've been called a lot of things, but bitter isn't one of them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Troll self? Is name calling really necessary? Have we met for you to be able to pass that judgement on me? I may be short, but I'm not "troll" short.

One last question: Who in the world are you to tell me that I need to leave in the first place? I know CoachT, and you aren't he. When he tells me to leave I will, but until he does I'll offer my opinion and conversation, just like I have for a long time on this forum. You and I both have that opportunity as long as we don't break the rules. I don't believe I broke any rules. If you don't like what I post, then ignore it. Will that work for you? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bitter? It's called sarcasm. I've been called a lot of things, but bitter isn't one of them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Troll self? Is name calling really necessary? Have we met for you to be able to pass that judgement on me? I may be short, but I'm not "troll" short.

One last question: Who in the world are you to tell me that I need to leave in the first place? I know CoachT, and you aren't he. When he tells me to leave I will, but until he does I'll offer my opinion and conversation, just like I have for a long time on this forum. You and I both have that opportunity as long as we don't break the rules. I don't believe I broke any rules. If you don't like what I post, then ignore it. Will that work for you? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Definitely works for me. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I don't like to guess the outcome, just like to cheer on the boys!

GO EAGLES GO EAGLES GO!

I'm starting to believe that we are dealing with a female here. Rusty I like that sarcastic comment about the nerve medication. Eaglefan your the greatest.......................... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But let me tell you about Rhea County fans, they like to stay optimistic, positive about their team (well, most of us do, anyway). We're not cocky - we're just believers. We believe in our team and we believe they can do anything they set their mind to. AND THERE IS NO PREPARATION FOR MARYVILLE. IF WE MAKE IT THAT FAR, I THINK WE'RE ALL REALISTS ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT WILL BE THE END OF THE ROAD FOR US.

Way to contradict yourself.. I was agreeing with you when you were talking about believing in what this team can do and the fans being positive and supportive but what happened? You turned in around and said if we play Maryville it's over. Where did your positive thinking go? The team needs support by the fans. First of all we shouldn't be talking about Maryville... We are playing POWELL. That is all that matters this week. If it turns out right friday evening then you can talk about Knox West or Maryville. No matter what happens fans need to stay positive in any game.