Page vs. Giles County

timeflies

They were suppose to just get the first down to make sure that Page would not have a chance to do anything, but Tobias being the awesome player he is seen the endzone and headed for it, leaving 1:0? left on the clock to give Page a chance to score. A touchdown WAS NOT CALLED FOR BY THE COACH. It was not stat padding it was a player seeing a hole and making a play, which is what any good player will do.

Just to add more information to the above post,

I think Page still had a timeout at this point in the game. Giles had to run the ball untill Page had used it's final timeout.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add more information to the above post,

I think Page still had a timeout at this point in the game. Giles had to run the ball untill Page had used it's final timeout.

That is incorrect. Page used their last time out with about 3:00 to go.

Giles had a first down. That play started with 1:13 on the clock.

Wouldn't it have been something if Page came back after that TD run to win the game. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Congratulations to Giles County on the win and to Page also on a great game and season.

Boy was I wrong about this one!Who would have thought that this game would have 13 points

on offense between two good offensive teams?Rain hurt both teams and I think this played to Pages

favor.The late td by GC gave Page one last chance to tie or even win, but if Iwere the running back

I would have done the same,and so would you. The way both sides were having trouble with the

snaps anything could happen.Page was a different team than last time they met the Cats.Def.

was much better.I was happy to get this win as it could have gone either way.

Great job by Page and Giles.

Congrats to Page on a fine season! This team has showed a great improvement over the last two years... just as Marshall County and Giles County have done under their new coaches. Most impressed by the Page defense. They make up for their lack of size on the defensive line by playing with desire and getting a bunch of blue helmets to the ball.

Congrats to Giles County on the victory! Coach O'Connor has changed the football culture to the point where they expect to win. Unfortunatly for them, they won't be able to sneak up on David Lipscomb this time. The Mustangs will be ready... good luck.

Congrats to Page on a fine season! This team has showed a great improvement over the last two years... just as Marshall County and Giles County have done under their new coaches. Most impressed by the Page defense. They make up for their lack of size on the defensive line by playing with desire and getting a bunch of blue helmets to the ball.

Congrats to Giles County on the victory! Coach O'Connor has changed the football culture to the point where they expect to win. Unfortunatly for them, they won't be able to sneak up on David Lipscomb this time. The Mustangs will be ready... good luck.

So you are saying DL WAS NOT ready last time? Isnt it against the law for DL to not be ready for anyone,anytime??

I think they were ready.I think they will be ready again....good luck.

you think if giles co. caught lipscomb off guard lipscomb would have made proper adjustments at half time to shut giles co. down totally but the bobcats took it to the mustangs for 47 min 59 sec.i was listening to the DL radio crew at half time.one of DL coaches pretty much said on the radio what giles co. was doing wrong and what lipscomb was going to do and they pretty much came out and did just that.but giles co.'s offense went toe 2 toe with lipscomb all night.i think the cats will be ready. can't wait till friday.we can't give lipscombs recievers that much of a cushion.we were giving them 8 yards and they were throwing 5 yards in front of us.tackle,tackle,tackle

That is incorrect. Page used their last time out with about 3:00 to go.

Giles had a first down. That play started with 1:13 on the clock.

Wouldn't it have been something if Page came back after that TD run to win the game. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

it was second down. if they had taken a knee they would have given page the ball back with about 30 seconds left (not ideal because they could kick a field goal and win), so they wanted another first down. ideally, tobias should have gotten the first down and then slid down so we could finish by taking a knee and never give them the ball back. i'm sure the coaches didn't go over with tobias that he shouldn't score... they probably weren't expecting a 40yd burst on a defense that had been tough all night.

it was second down. if they had taken a knee they would have given page the ball back with about 30 seconds left (not ideal because they could kick a field goal and win), so they wanted another first down. ideally, tobias should have gotten the first down and then slid down so we could finish by taking a knee and never give them the ball back. i'm sure the coaches didn't go over with tobias that he shouldn't score... they probably weren't expecting a 40yd burst on a defense that had been tough all night.

Yeah right?