Ooltewah vs Soddy Daisy II

VOID70

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are all the SODDY-DAISY FANS AT!!! either,they know they do not have a chance or they do not know how to work a computer.......or both. Just Kidding trying to draw 'em out. No seriously...where is everybody from Hickville?

Why should they. We do a good enough job of beating each other up. Seriously, any SD fans out there? I would like to know if there were any injuries from last weeks game. Did ya'll have that slant pass working last week? Come on give us something.

Go Owls

Your welcome for the support !!!!!! I would love to give you lessons in baseball as well as football...........especially batting practice ha ha!!!

You and BHO must be band parents.

And what is wrong with band parents? If you can find a more dedicated group in the school than the Band Parents I would be shocked. Since this is a football board I won't get into this, but just know that us band parents love Ooltewah football and we have a very good knowledge of the game too.

Go Owls

Oh yeah you forgot to mention YOUR the overweight cheerleader begging for attention and never been on a football field except to carry water to the players during a time out!!!!!

i don't know where you get your info stooge, i'm the 6'4, 217 lbs. vegetarian trainer with about 7 1/2 percent body fat. normally standing down near the scoreboard, never been overweight a day in my life. if you would like to come on down and see me friday, i'll be the one in the red under armor sweatshirt. we can talk about how you play a little smash mouth football!

I agree we run the ball well GOOFFFFYYYYYYYYYYYY........all i said was the QB has cannon and the rec s are some of the best in state Soooooooooooo whats so terrible about that???? Dont be negative about the rec s cause you have nt seen them thrown to enough to even comment on something you cant see from your car during practice.

i'm a trainer at a local fitness ctr. i have a degree, real job and everything, (wow!) sorry, don't have time to sit in the car, whatever that means. but i'll be the one down by the scoreboard if you want to chat in person. i'd like to meet you 2seam!

well 2seam looks like youve been called out!!!!!!!! i agree we have the fastest recievers in the state "but maybe not the best" when our qb has hit these guys in the chest with the ball there's been alot of dropped balls, i think we should stick to what got us this far, polk running the ball and the defense we had up till about 2weeks ago, looks like the defense has changed some and not as good as the defense in the beginning just my opinion,

between you and i, loveshsfootball i don't think 2seam knows who he is speaking to or he would keep his mouth shut. i'm not going to apologize for him, but you never know when you're talking to a coach's wife or even one of their children on here. may not want to go there 2seam, might not find yourself wanting to go there 2steamy! might find yourself barking up the wrong tree, dog!

Oh yeah you forgot to mention YOUR the overweight cheerleader begging for attention and never been on a football field except to carry water to the players during a time out!!!!!

and what does fat cheerleaders have to do with the fact that you want a running team to throw the ball?

but i guess im the lone soddy fan talkin on here. maybe yall dont have the problem that we do. its fall now and everybody in soddy has about 115456486158645642481656454 pounds of leaves to clean up outta their yard. spent 2 hours after i got home from work yesterday doin them. cant even tell i did them now.

dont think soddy has any injuries. passing game worked well against the bulldogs last week. defense came out in the second half playing hard. i dont think they gave up any points in the second half (dont hold me to that). but i really dont think that this be a 38-0 or a 41-7 that everybody is talkin about. im thinkin that it could be a 24-21 and a toss-up as to who the winner is. we know what ooltewah will do, they are gonna pass the ball like crazy. i mean no point in running it when they have the best rb in the area right? *note sarcasm* so if Soddy can stop Polk(easier said than done) than Reed will have to pick it up. and your not gonna throw too much on Haney*extremely athletic* and Smith*one of the area leaders in INTs* (Soddy SS and FS)

while e.k WILL find a way to put points on the board. i cant remember a game between now and his years at red bank he hasnt been able to score. so saying he will be shut-out is stupid. but either way this should be two things: 1) a great showcase of Chattanooga football and 2) great showing of community pride. both cities are behind these teams. and that provides alot of motivation. whoever wins will represent chattanooga well in the 3rd round. I pray for no injuries and a great game. GO TROJANS

Im gonna go do leaves now

And what is wrong with band parents? If you can find a more dedicated group in the school than the Band Parents I would be shocked. Since this is a football board I won't get into this, but just know that us band parents love Ooltewah football and we have a very good knowledge of the game too.

Go Owls

Nothing wrong with being band parents (some of the most dedicated parents around) i didnt mean it that way at all........

Why should they. We do a good enough job of beating each other up. Seriously, any SD fans out there? I would like to know if there were any injuries from last weeks game. Did ya'll have that slant pass working last week? Come on give us something.

Go Owls

Obviously by my screen name you can tell I am not a Soddy fan so I don't know all of the intricacies of their team but I did get out to the Bearden playoff game. Game went pretty much according to what I thought it would from what I had seen of Bearden previously (good running attack) and what I had heard about Soddy (good passing attack).

First half Soddy had real trouble stopping the dimiutive but elusive Devrin Young playing a soft 4 - 4 defense and their offense had trouble holding on to the ball falling behind 21 - 10 at the half. The second half the coaching staff wised up and figured out that Bearden solely relied upon Young's legs for their offense and that they could not throw the ball. They f-i-n-a-l-l-y dropped another defender into the line (5 - 3) and walked their other LB's up to the line and dared them to beat them with the pass. Props to the Soddy coaches.

Between this adjustment, Bearden's own second half miscues and the Bulldog's inability to stop the Trojan passing attack (yes, especially the slant route) Soddy shut them out the second half and won the game going away 30 - 21. Did not notice any injuries sustained by any of their key players.

Casual one game observations:

Soddy has a very nice passing attack with a standout WR (#9) and an athletic running back (#2) "but" their O line had real trouble opening any running lanes and appeared to be the weak link. The rushing attack was almost non-existent and its not like Bearden has a dominating defense either. Maybe Soddy has never run the ball well the other part of the season neither?

The rushing defense was solid "after" the coaching staff made the proper adjustements but they were also playing a one dimensional offense. Again, I am not sure how strong their D line is and it will be interesting to see how they fare against a more balanced offense.

Finally, their fans and band were really active throughout the whole game. Question though, what is up with all the cowbells and noise makers? Students, women, little old ladies they all had some sort of cowbell, blow horn, plastic bottle with pennies, etc. Impressive support but boy does the sound of that many cowbells become very irratating by the fourth quarter. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If I had to guess based on what I have seen of Soddy and heard and experienced with Ooltewah type athletes (previous playoffs 01, 06) I would think that the Owls D Line would be the difference in this game. If they are as imposing and athletic as most say then they should be able to disrupt the Trojans passing attack enough to garner the victory. Just not sure about the Trojans Line play, especially the offense. However, if the line steps up and the Owls can't get to Soddy's QB, with the weapons they have at WR then I could see the Trojans pulling the upset. Should be an entertaining game.

well 2seam looks like youve been called out!!!!!!!! i agree we have the fastest recievers in the state "but maybe not the best" when our qb has hit these guys in the chest with the ball there's been alot of dropped balls, i think we should stick to what got us this far, polk running the ball and the defense we had up till about 2weeks ago, looks like the defense has changed some and not as good as the defense in the beginning just my opinion,

now i dont know what to do since i ve been CALLED OUT i do know i m scared now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i m saying is throw the ball to loosen up the defense some(give the RB s a break and a little more running room without getting beat to death) THATS ALL.....QB has cannon and we ve got good fast rec s.