JCS vs Huntingdon

JWhumboldt

This was disappointing. I thought that Huntingdon was gonna win for sure, looks like I was wrong. USJ beat JCS and Huntingdon dominated USJ so I thought Huntingdon had this one for sure. This just proves that anything can happen on the footbal field.

It's safe to say that JCS matched up a little better physically with Huntingdon that USJ did. Plus the fact that defensive game planning is a strength of our coaching staff.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also run the dw (LCA) and it's illegal for defensive linemen to tackle or pull down offensive linemen. It is def holding, but it's rarely called because we see it all the time. They dive through and grab the ankles of the pullers. God bless

Thanks for the response. I didn't get to see the JCS/Huntingdon game so I don't know how JCS defensed the dw. Thanks again.

Congratulations to JCS on the win last night. We came up short, literally. Late in the 2nd quarter we went for it on 4th and short and missed it by a couple of inches. JCs comes down and scores right before the half. I thought if we went in tied at the half the the Mustangs would pull it off.

The Mustangs took the 2nd half kickoff and drove in to tie the score. This couldn't have been done earlier in the year. Also after JCS went up 21-7 the Mustangs drove down and scored with 7 minutes but couldn't get the ball back. The QB and # 32 hurt us bad.

Congratulations to the Mustangs and thanks to the Seniors. You played hard all year and got better. Starting off with two losses at the start was tough for a young team to overcome.

Kudos go out to BullDawgDynasty for coming over and sitting amongst the Pigskin Pals last night. Believe it or not I actually saw him clapping for the Mustangs. For a former Bulldog, I know that was hard for him to do...

This was a well played game between two good programs. That was my first trip to Paul Ward Stadium. I hope that it is not my last.

BTW, Huntingdon had the best hamburger that I have had at a high school game all year. It was really good! The hospitality that was shown by the staff at Huntingdon was first rate!

Congratulations to JCS on the win last night. We came up short, literally. Late in the 2nd quarter we went for it on 4th and short and missed it by a couple of inches. JCs comes down and scores right before the half. I thought if we went in tied at the half the the Mustangs would pull it off.

The Mustangs took the 2nd half kickoff and drove in to tie the score. This couldn't have been done earlier in the year. Also after JCS went up 21-7 the Mustangs drove down and scored with 7 minutes but couldn't get the ball back. The QB and # 32 hurt us bad.

Congratulations to the Mustangs and thanks to the Seniors. You played hard all year and got better. Starting off with two losses at the start was tough for a young team to overcome.

Kudos go out to BullDawgDynasty for coming over and sitting amongst the Pigskin Pals last night. Believe it or not I actually saw him clapping for the Mustangs. For a former Bulldog, I know that was hard for him to do...

Assessment from Harriman:

I thought that Huntingdon was handicapped from having 1 real threat in the backfield. In the past, Swenson would field 3 super fast backs that were all threats. I thought the Mustangs played well to have only 1 as real back that was a threat. JCS seemed to play "bend but dont break defense". The JCS defense was not more physical than USJ, they seemed to be smarter though.

Maybe next year I can come back to West Tennessee and see the Mustangs again.

Paul Ward Stadum- the view of this stadium is the best I have ever seen. Looks like a small college stadium from the home side.

The Mustangs will be back on top soon!