Bulldog Basketball

bulldog2000

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, i'm going to go over there bout 3:30 and watch Honeycutt's JV i guess. are you going and do i know you haha?

I guess ill be over there about 5:30 I'd like to watch some of the HV and Sullivan South game.

Yeah you know me. If i see you at the game I"ll tell you who UserNameIsAlreadyTaken is. LOL

Go Dogs!

I guess ill be over there about 5:30 I'd like to watch some of the HV and Sullivan South game.

Yeah you know me. If i see you at the game I"ll tell you who UserNameIsAlreadyTaken is. LOL

Go Dogs!

well, i never heard from you man, haha...

even though i may risk sounding dumb with this statement, i was kind of impresed with the Dogs yesterday even though they lost by 20, haha. they were playing a very good 3a team. in the 1st and early 2nd quarters, hamptons defense was wreaking havoc on the vikings. but all of a sudden near the end of the 2nd quarter tenn high started making everything they threw up and it seemed like they didn't miss the rest of the game. Hughes and Ward looked good as usual, Logan Andrews stepped up and played well on the inside, and Josh Lipford is looking like he might be the leader of the team. he may not light up the box score, but he manages the game with poise and you can definately tell when he is not on the floor. the vikings press hurt the Dogs in the 2nd quarter when he was out. the 2 sophs in the backcourt got a little bit flustered but that won't happen when they gain more experience and confidence...

and just who would you like to see on the bench??? Coach White is and has always been a tremendous coach. The boys are lucky to have him.

He's never been close to a tremendous coach. His style is to coach by intimidation and fear which just doesn't work with today's kids. Even in his prime he was a below average coach so I expect little from Hampton basketball until they find someone who can motivate, instruct, and coach the Xs and Os.

First of all to clear things up, Hunter, Bently, Bowers and possibly Peters(never saw him there) played with City Market the summer before last when Ward and Hughes were just coming out of the 8th grade. This past summer's team only consisted of to be sophomores. Jerry White at Hampton is the head coach but does not do all of the coaching anymore. Mike Matheson does most of it now and does a good job from what I have seen.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT JACOB JONES THIS YEAR.. HES A REAL GOOD BALL PLAYER. AND FRIEND.

To answer your question, Jones could be a very good player IMO. If he would learn to be a true point guard and look to set up other players instead of always looking for his shot first he would be even better. A true point guard has to be able to take care of the ball and set up the rest of his team. If he would do this, he probably would not ever leave the floor. He shoots the ball pretty well and handles it pretty well. Hampton needs him to play well to have a good team.

?Ward and Hughes the best guards in the state? LOL

Now I'm not downing them, there good but a far far ways from being the "best", from what I've seen they have yet to realize what TEAM play is.

Hampton looks good regardless this year.

What exactly do you mean by this statement? Hughes has tried to create some offense this year and has tried hard and made a few mistakes along the way. Ward has not even attempted a 3pt shot this year that I can remember. As far as being "far" from the best, I guess you just have not seen them play that much. I'm not saying they are the best but as far as sophomores go they are definately the best 2 in Carter Co and should be mentioned with a few others in who is the best in Upper East Tn. The others to be mentioned as far as Upper East Tn IMO are....... Logan Lyle(Unicoi), Jordan Cross(S. East), Kevin Connell(D. Boone), Jason Steele(Johnson Co), Ryan Mitchell(S. Hill) to go with Dylan Ward and Nathaniel Hughes(both from Hampton). Some others on the radar would be Matthew Potter(Cloudland), Zach Garland(Crockett), and Devyn Chambers(Unaka). There could be some others I have missed or forgotten!

What about the matchup on Dec. 2nd at Unicoi.... This should be a good game.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

That should be a good one and Unicoi is very hard to beat over there. Miller is hard to stop if you can't keep him out of the lane. If Hampton can get somebody to step up besides Ward and Hughes it could be very interesting.

To answer your question, Jones could be a very good player IMO. If he would learn to be a true point guard and look to set up other players instead of always looking for his shot first he would be even better. A true point guard has to be able to take care of the ball and set up the rest of his team. If he would do this, he probably would not ever leave the floor. He shoots the ball pretty well and handles it pretty well. Hampton needs him to play well to have a good team.

I think Jones needs to look more for his shot. I don't even know if he attempted a shot against Tennessee High. Ward and Hughes can't do all the scoring by themselves. They are gonna need some help...

I think Jones needs to look more for his shot. I don't even know if he attempted a shot against Tennessee High. Ward and Hughes can't do all the scoring by themselves. They are gonna need some help...

You are right in that they need him to step up, but you don't have to worry about him passing up shots! If he is anywhere close to being open, he will shoot it! The thing they don't need is him coming down the court and throwing up a shot before the ball has even touched anyone else's hands. When he drives he NEVER sets anyone else up for a shot. It is either he shoots it or nothing. His job as a point is to set up other people. It would be nice to see him drop it off to Andrews, Hill or Berrry or kick it out sometimes to Ward, Hughes or Robertson. I think if he concentrated on this he would always be in the game.

First of all to clear things up, Hunter, Bently, Bowers and possibly Peters(never saw him there) played with City Market the summer before last when Ward and Hughes were just coming out of the 8th grade. This past summer's team only consisted of to be sophomores. Jerry White at Hampton is the head coach but does not do all of the coaching anymore. Mike Matheson does most of it now and does a good job from what I have seen.

Who all did play with the City Market team....