Sequatchie County Football

Kryptonite11

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Seniors did you have? How many starters will return on both sides of the ball?

I know one thing....it only took one football season to have a winning record. That's a sign of an extremely hungry group of players and coaches. If SC keeps that same mentality and builds on the success instead of being satisfied.....then the sky is the limit. Best of Luck in the Future Indians.....except when ya'll play my SC. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

11 seniors are leaving but we have some experienced people that are juniors and sophomores coming up..so we should be alright

11 seniors is a pretty good lose, but we all should be in a pretty small district, so that will help all of us........i think there will only be 5 teams in our district...Seq, Bled, Grundy, Chatt.Christian, and Notre Dame....thats what i was told.....

11 seniors is a pretty good lose, but we all should be in a pretty small district, so that will help all of us........i think there will only be 5 teams in our district...Seq, Bled, Grundy, Chatt.Christian, and Notre Dame....thats what i was told.....

We find out our district for sure this week, but I've heard several different things about it for next year.

Losing 11 seniors hurts but we are getting more players out and after some success I think you will see a few new faces out next year. I've heard kids talk about how they want to play football. Now that Coach Barger is at the school, vs. last years commute, I see him really getting into the halls and getting more players out. I feel like they will improve every year and make strides. Coach definitely has things headed in the right direction, but being at the school this year will have a bigger impact on performance next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

11 seniors is a pretty good lose

Not really several didn't see the field this year. Even with those eleven gone if everyone returns you will have 46 to start out with before you even add in the freshmen and any first time players.

If my count was correct they should return players that saw significant action or started at least once to around 7-9 positions on offense the only problem I see is the two or three lineman that will need to step up on both sides of the ball. They are getting close to where only a couple of guys see action on both sides of the ball when that finally happens things should really take off it may be another year away but it should happen.

The team will return the best place kicker to ever play at Sequatchie County for his senior year.

I look for a number of players to come in as sophomores and possibly start that were freshmen last year.

Shane Yother - RB/LB

Eli Stout - Saftey will probably get time at receiver or running back as well.

Jerry Fain - FB/LB

And a number of upcoming Juniors.

Shawn Cooley - Reciever (He had two or three touchdowns this year as a So.)

Justis Stewart - RB/LB (Both he, Yother & Fain looked really good running the ball in the JV games this year.)

Eli Ogletree - WR (He has all the makings to be a big play reciever with his size he needs step up in weight room over the summer.)

I also expect the majority of the offensive and defensive lineman to come out of this group. Also I never heard what happen with H. Lewis if he is able to go next season that will be a big lift to the team in all areas especially the return game.

I would like to see the schedule before I say how many they might win but if the district ends up what I have heard it might. I would think they would probably be favored to win it. These guys saw last night though that they have really got to focus on learning the plays as well as getting into the weight room and getting not just stronger but bigger.

I also thought this past year was a very good year overall the most wins since 2000 and making the playoffs for the first time in three years.

Notre Dame is 4A for football.... If there are more than 4 teams, look for the other to be Howard.... basically the same geographic location as CCS.....

I've said before that Barger is turning things around and he is doing it right... maybe he can pull some players from the halls to replace those seniors who are leaving.... Personally, I wouldn't count on anything coming from the middle school for a few years... they were not very good this year..... I'm sure Coach B will begin working with that program as well so things should start looking up....

I agree #50 #3 #42 #7#13 are going to be missed. #3 and #50 both were undersized, but both had motors that were wound up and never let up until the final whistle blew. Sequatchie has to get bigger and stronger to go deep into the playoffs. I thought we were well conditioned this year we just lacked size this year especially on the offensive line. This year has been a success, we won the games we should have won last year and the year before.

Good year INDIANS start working hard for next year.

Next season depends on how hard the boys work and how well they are able to adjust to the system. The intensity will be turned up a notch. The drive from the coaching staff will be turned up a notch. Will the Indians respond to the conditioning program? They will push their bodies and minds beyond limits they have been before. They will need to change the way they approach conditioning, the weightroom, and football. They cannot be satisfied with being mediocre. The sky is the limit if all are willing to put in the time and pay their dues.