Post Season Honors

DonCChatt

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As teams name their post season honors, districts theirs, etc, please post information here....

i found this on a website somewhere (can't remember :/)

First Team All- Region

AnDe Ragsdale Webb SR

Katie Proud Webb For. JR

Devon Meske Webb JR

Simone Busby GPS GK FR

Heather Daniel GPS Mid Soph.

Samira Rahbe GPS For Soph.

Josie Rix GPS Def. SR

Taylor Davidson Baylor GK SR

Caroline Scales Baylor Mid. SR

McKenzie Thomas Baylor For. FR

Sarah Gawthrop Baylor Mid. SR

Kemesha Woodfine Baylor For. SR

Honorable Mention All Region:

Eliza Dawson Webb Mid SR

Anna Davis Webb FR

Mara Hahn Webb JR

Mary Woodruff Griffin GPS Def. FR

Sarah Mastey GPS For. JR

Bess Wallis GPS Def. JR

Teni Butler Baylor Def. FR

Natalie Brackett Baylor Def. SR

Carissa Sanchez Baylor Mid JR

From the Knoxville News-Sentinel, Sunday, Nov. 9, 2008

All-Region 2-AAA

First Team

Bearden

Amy Porter, F

Samantha Turner, F

Tessa Bachelor, D

Taylor Cravanas, D

Ashley Howarth, M

Caroline Gianeselli, F

Oak Ridge

Gwen Lawson, D

Greta Jochman, M

Lauren Fritts, GK

Rachel Johnson, F

Briana Holmes, D

Jennifer Lee, M

Kaelyn Angelo, M

Halley Nichols, F

Farragut

MC Suhocki, M

Mindy Hopkins, D

Megan Buzzeo, GK

Allysa Dresen, M

Ashley Reveiz, F

West

Breanna Durbin, D

Caitlin Cody, GK

Sarah Mixon, F

Betsy Peterson, M

Hardin Valley

Grace Milner, M

Offensive Player of the Year: Amy Porter, Sr., Bearden

Defensive Player of the Year: Gwen Lawson, Sr., Oak Ridge

Coach of the Year: OJ Sheppard

Second Team All Region:

Oak Ridge

Meghan Hughes, D

Jamie Grisgsby, M

Halls

Tessa Johnson, F

Lenoir City

Ashley Naumoff, F

Sevier County

Hannah Fessenden, M

Maryville

Ashley Bridenbaugh, D

Hillary Wilson, D

Bearden

Kirsten Bodker, M

Rebecca Stover, M

Kimble Glover, D

West

Beth Doty, D

Amy Thompson, D

Juliet Slutzker, D

Karns

Melissa Thomas, M

Has anyone ever seen a list of All-Region Players for West Tennessee published anywhere? Every year, we might hear through the grapevine that certain girls made it (they apparently know because their coaches told them so) but I never can find them listed anywhere!

For some reason it is not important in the West but to those you are secretly told they won. Therefore tell everyone you know that plays HS soccer, "Don't tell anyone, but you won". Thus we have a bunch of really happy girls.

We certainly don't have second honors either. Gosh, I think I would feel really bad to play for Bearden or Oak Ridge and not win. They have 20 girls between the two.

Wonder why there is such a difference in the WEST. Perhaps, the fact that the newspapers don't do anything to support soccer keeps it off the radar. Also wonder why AAA get 45 and DII gets 27(still can't get A/AA in my head). They way I see it, DII can play with AAA or A/AA any day, so why not make it the same for all Divisions?

For some reason it is not important in the West but to those you are secretly told they won. Therefore tell everyone you know that plays HS soccer, "Don't tell anyone, but you won". Thus we have a bunch of really happy girls.

We certainly don't have second honors either. Gosh, I think I would feel really bad to play for Bearden or Oak Ridge and not win. They have 20 girls between the two.

Wonder why there is such a difference in the WEST. Perhaps, the fact that the newspapers don't do anything to support soccer keeps it off the radar. Also wonder why AAA get 45 and DII gets 27(still can't get A/AA in my head). They way I see it, DII can play with AAA or A/AA any day, so why not make it the same for all Divisions?

I wish that I could remember all of the names! After the region finals match, the "powers that be" announced the all region team and presented them with a certificate. I had listed the 4 Briarcrest girls earlier, and I believe that there were 3 to 4 ECS girls, and then a couple of others each from the other teams in the region. Nothing was ever published in the paper (and never has in previous years either). It seems like there were a couple from St Agnes and St Benedict, maybe one each from St Marys and Hutchison. They also announced the region all tourney team at the same time....I know that there were 4 from Briarcrest....but not sure of the other seven.

I wish that I could remember all of the names! After the region finals match, the "powers that be" announced the all region team and presented them with a certificate. I had listed the 4 Briarcrest girls earlier, and I believe that there were 3 to 4 ECS girls, and then a couple of others each from the other teams in the region. Nothing was ever published in the paper (and never has in previous years either). It seems like there were a couple from St Agnes and St Benedict, maybe one each from St Marys and Hutchison. They also announced the region all tourney team at the same time....I know that there were 4 from Briarcrest....but not sure of the other seven.

Like I said, " It is not important in th e west" to anyone but the girls that are named and there should be more than just the ones that play in the Regionals, IMO.

Could it be because there are far more schools and players in both AAA and A/AA than there are in D2?

Of course that is the obvious answer, math. But, it is not the correct answer. Let's see, Oak Ridge has more students than Father Ryan so they should get 10 "all region" named. Or there 2000 AAA schools and only 200 DII, so they get more named. IT SHOULD BE ABOUT ABILITY, NOT NUMBERS. If Oak Ridge has the top 22 players in the state, give it to all of them. If they have none, ZERO. That IS NOT how it is done. If your team had 5 girls who score 20 goals each, and you are allow 4 picks, one gets left out. Someone please explain that for me.