Eurosport Rankings

Justafan379

It looks like the final rankings are posted (AAA and A/AA at least) and are more in line with the way teams finished the season this year for the final 8. SD could argue that they should be above Cleveland after beating them 2 times this year and only 2 losses (both to riverdale). But all in all - it is better than the last few years. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

We will have to see how DII rolls out or if that is the final rankings.

IMHO (based on the Tournament)

1. Father Ryan

2. Briarcrest

3. Baylor

4. PJPII

5. BGA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the final rankings are posted (AAA and A/AA at least) and are more in line with the way teams finished the season this year for the final 8. SD could argue that they should be above Cleveland after beating them 2 times this year and only 2 losses (both to riverdale). But all in all - it is better than the last few years. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

We will have to see how DII rolls out or if that is the final rankings.

IMHO (based on the Tournament)

1. Father Ryan

2. Briarcrest

3. Baylor

4. PJPII

5. BGA

Just curious since you fall in with the Euro rankers on BGA. What are you thinkin? If the top four are the top four, then how is # 9 or # 10 your number 5. They lost the last two games. They weren't there most of the season and Esports.confused keep them in the top 5. Home Cookin........is the only answer. Wait, had a thought, you're like me and get GPS and BGA confused. Got to be the answer.

This season is as the college post season is going, the top 8 can play each other and get different results every game, depending on who shows up. Briarcrest 0 in the final, NOT ALL YEAR and Baylor, OMGosh!!! Remember Bearden and Collierville and Houston, and then there Notre Dame. When I really, really get deep in thought, (YES I CAN) we had some great, great teams this year and I predict.......................Next year will even be better. Tennessee soccer is movin' on up and not necessarily to the East side. I heard you humming DC. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Talking about college post-season and TN soccer movin' up.......Just look at Belmont, Carson Newman, Maryville and UT all winning their conference championships! There are a bunch of TN girls on those rosters. (and hopefully a few more in the future.)

On top of that Lee University is currently 17-1 and 10-0 in their conference. They are also ranked # 2 in the country NAIA (they have quite a few Tennessee girls on the roster).

http://www.goleeflames.com/info/news/news-...sp?newsid=13446

Just curious since you fall in with the Euro rankers on BGA. What are you thinkin? If the top four are the top four, then how is # 9 or # 10 your number 5. They lost the last two games. They weren't there most of the season and Esports.confused keep them in the top 5. Home Cookin........is the only answer. Wait, had a thought, you're like me and get GPS and BGA confused. Got to be the answer.

This season is as the college post season is going, the top 8 can play each other and get different results every game, depending on who shows up. Briarcrest 0 in the final, NOT ALL YEAR and Baylor, OMGosh!!! Remember Bearden and Collierville and Houston, and then there Notre Dame. When I really, really get deep in thought, (YES I CAN) we had some great, great teams this year and I predict.......................Next year will even be better. Tennessee soccer is movin' on up and not necessarily to the East side. I heard you humming DC. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Not home cookin'. . . I used the eurosport rankings as well as the last 2 games that beat BGA were to very good teams ( one is the 2008 state champion) I am not familiar with the DII teams . . .

Not home cookin'. . . I used the eurosport rankings as well as the last 2 games that beat BGA were to very good teams ( one is the 2008 state champion) I am not familiar with the DII teams . . .

That's fine ..... Euro has them # 9 now. I just never understood why they remained so high all season. (home cookin= those reporting to Eurosport are weighted heavily in the middle of the state) No biggy! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I see what you mean. Must be the halo effect. Obviously over-ranked for 2 months.

Love that Halo effect, but remember it only applies to schools with Saint or Father or Pope or Christian in their name.

No way Bearden was overrated. NO WAY! Eurosports is OVER-RATED and UNDER-SUPPLIED FOR IMPUT.......

The attempted point was that no team should fall from # 1 to # 10 unless they quit the sport. The slam is against ES.com......Bearden does NOT deserve that and I'll take them 75% of the time over # 3 to #9. I'll take them 50/50 on #1 and #2 . Want that bet?

I don't think they should have been treated that way. It is insulting and they are a great team and have been as represented by two consecutive State Championships. When you get to the end of the line, there's just a few "superior" teams that could win over and over if the games could be replayed.

I totally congratulate all the State Champions, BUT you know, they all said "OMG" did we just win the State???

Other than a dad or mom, who would da thunk it??? I submit this was a year of surprises. The ones that won and maybe more so, the ones that DID NOT. MOO (my opinion only) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No way Bearden was overrated. NO WAY! Eurosports is OVER-RATED and UNDER-SUPPLIED FOR IMPUT.......

The attempted point was that no team should fall from # 1 to # 10 unless they quit the sport. The slam is against ES.com......Bearden does NOT deserve that and I'll take them 75% of the time over # 3 to #9. I'll take them 50/50 on #1 and #2 . Want that bet?

I have great respect for Bearden. Their record for the last 3 years is one that any coach, player, parent or fan would want for their team. However, if you had made your "bet" before the season, you would not have done well at all. Bearden did play #4 - #7 this year and lost 75% of the time. Could it be that, in the end, those who vote on the rankings cast their ballot on this year's results rather than reputation?