district 13AA/ who will contend

hoopspade

:) I do know that Westview is returning everyone except point guard, and with the crop of freshman coming in, along with another strong junior comung out to play this year.....LOOK OUT

Someone told me the Reynolds girl won the state H-O-R-S-E Championship against boys and girls!! :):D I heard the last time she missed a shot back in May, she cut off a finger!!!!!! :):):):)

No doubt Gibson Co is loaded with the talent similar to that of the late 80's-early 90's and will be the favorite. Westview will be tough as usual, and could very well lead the Blue and Gold to the District Crown. But, dont count out Spencer Hoffman's OCCHS Lady Rebels. This team could turn heads. Throw in Dyer Co and Crockett Co's athleticism, and this could be the most fun district in the state to watch, and undoubtedly one of the toughest to play in. On any given night, some of these teams should be toe to toe. Look for AT LEAST one and probably two of these teams to be in Murfreesboro, and a gold ball coming to 13AA wouldn't be a far-fetched idea.

Guest redrules

Powerset, you mentioned Obion County. I keep hearing comments such as the one you made about this team. What is different this year? Is it the coaching change, or has there been some talent there that hasn't been utilized before? I also hear that a couple of their freshmen could possibly make an impact. Have you seen this team play?

Just curious.

redrules-

sorry I took so long to get back to you... Kim Decker has been the coach of the Lady Rebels for the past 10 years or so, and now she has stepped down to devote more time to family. Spencer Hoffman (OCCHS alumni) takes over after being an assistant to Decker last year. He most recently built Trenton Peabody to a prominent state power. He has a good bit of talent and tons of desire to make OCCHS a state power as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Powerset, you are right. Coach Hoffman has these girls working very hard. In the last couple of years Coach Decker has been gaining extra responsibilites (mainly family) and just hasn't had the time to devote to the program and voluntarily stepped down. Spencer is a great guy with lots of potential. Watch out for this team and school. With new coaches all around (football and boys and girls basketball) OCCHS is about to blow up. Now if we can only get the band good again!! ;)

Guest flyinghigh

Obion County's girls looked really good at WHS's camp this summer - you could tell they've been in the gym.

Westview should be solid; they lost Angie (and that's quite a loss!), but with 4 returners and a very talented bunch behind them, they should do well. Coach McMillan will have them ready, ready, ready. I hear there is a new transfer from maybe Collierville?? Don't know anything about her; think she's a So or Jr. I do know they have a very talented freshman class on board.

Coach Russell will have the Lady Pioneers ready - they looked a little rough in camp, but he will have them polished up by the first tip-off, you can bet.

Dyer Co and the rest will be ready; it's girls hoops at it best in 13AA!

• 2 weeks later...