Mt. Juliet Football

Tnthrow

Does anybody think MJ will be any good this year? I heard their starting left tackle on offense is a behemoth. Also I heard their kicker that weighs 350 kicks it out of the endzone. Rumor says the middle linebacker is tougher than a $2 steak. Ive heard they were going to be pretty dominant this year. Some people have said they deserve to be ranked in the top 15.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Tnthrow:

Does anybody think MJ will be any good this year? I heard their starting left tackle on offense is a behemoth. Also I heard their kicker that weighs 350 kicks it out of the endzone. Rumor says the middle linebacker is tougher than a $2 steak. Ive heard they were going to be pretty dominant this year. Some people have said they deserve to be ranked in the top 15.

People in the MJ community are excited about the new "Air Bear" attack.........why don't you go ahead and rank them in the top 15. I certainly hope the 350# kicks them in the end zone cause he might have a "little" trouble on cover/safety responsibilty........doncha think!!!!

A 2 dollar steak is definitely TOUGH :x

How have the Bears done in scrimmages :confused:

[Edited by coach763 on 8-18-02 2:39P]

i might be mistaken, but i highly doubt mj should be in the top 15. i am not trying to take anything away from them, b ut, hey, they were horrible last year. they won what?, 1 game? against a first year cross town school? i just dont think that they can go from horrible, one of the worst in the area, to a top 15 in the stated team. i know when oakland played them, the only reason the score was like 44-27 is because all of oaklands 2nd's and 3'rds played the 2nd half. and i dont even think ralph king played against t hem last year when rhs played them. and i don t think steven britton did either.

Guest rattlesnake91

If you dont recall, MJ went from 2-8 oe year to 7-3 the next, so it is vey possible they can do it again, they may have quite a battle, but I feel they can do it. They have shown a lot of potential during the spring and summer. Their program has built quite well this year. I wouldnt be surprised if they made it to the playoffs this year. In my own personal opinion.

Posted by rattlesnake91:

If you dont recall, MJ went from 2-8 oe year to 7-3 the next, so it is vey possible they can do it again, they may have quite a battle, but I feel they can do it. They have shown a lot of potential during the spring and summer. Their program has built quite well this year. I wouldnt be surprised if they made it to the playoffs this year. In my own personal opinion.

Let's see.............to make the playoffs they must win at least 3 of the following Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, Lavergne, Lebanon. Select the 3 that you think they might win :confused:

Posted by rattlesnake91:

I am with coach, i dont think that being in he toughest region in the state, they can win enough region games to make the playoffs, t hey might win all non region games, and lebanon(maybe) but that will probably be it.

Guest rattlesnake91
Posted by olineathlete:
Posted by rattlesnake91:

I am with coach, i dont think that being in he toughest region in the state, they can win enough region games to make the playoffs, t hey might win all non region games, and lebanon(maybe) but that will probably be it.

I think Lebanon is given, Lavergn and Smyrna are the only close ones they could win. But I wont be surprised if they SURPRISE a few top 10 fellows.

Guest rattlesnake91
Posted by coacht:

MJ was having some numbers problems last year, with Wilson Central opening. How many do they have out this year?

Last I heard they had around 56, but Im nt for sure. Hopefully they can keep that number up.

Posted by rattlesnake91:
Posted by olineathlete:
Posted by rattlesnake91:

I think Lebanon is given, Lavergn and Smyrna are the only close ones they could win. But I wont be surprised if they SURPRISE a few top 10 fellows.

Lebanon is Not a given!.......Lavergne maybe if Grimes does not play. Air Wolke will probably be too much for the "Air Bears" :x

Here is an all too frequent scenario for the "Air Teams" 1st Dn...incomplete.....2nd Dn ditto......3rd Dn ditto. Now punt and go on "D" ........guess what???? you have only run about 15 secs off the clock. Unless the "Air Bears play really great "D", they are in for long games and MAYBE a long season.........Sorry :x

[Edited by coach763 on 8-18-02 10:48P]