Mt. Juliet Football

Tnthrow

Guest rattlesnake91
Posted by coach763:

Lebanon is Not a given!.......Lavergne maybe if Grimes does not play. Air Wolke will probably be too much for the "Air Bears" :x

Here is an all too frequent scenario for the "Air Teams" 1st Dn...incomplete.....2nd Dn ditto......3rd Dn ditto. Now punt and go on "D" ........guess what???? you have only run about 15 secs off the clock. Unless the "Air Bears play really great "D", they are in for long games and MAYBE a long season.........Sorry :x

[Edited by coach763 on 8-18-02 10:48P]

I see we have a Lebanon fan here. Well, I definitely think the Air Bears will stomp Lebanon, how many do they have again? A lot of people are underestimating MJ and they will be surprised to see how well they do this year.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by rattlesnake91:
Posted by coach763:

Lebanon is Not a given!.......Lavergne maybe if Grimes does not play. Air Wolke will probably be too much for the "Air Bears" :x

Here is an all too frequent scenario for the "Air Teams" 1st Dn...incomplete.....2nd Dn ditto......3rd Dn ditto. Now punt and go on "D" ........guess what???? you have only run about 15 secs off the clock. Unless the "Air Bears play really great "D", they are in for long games and MAYBE a long season.........Sorry :x

[Edited by coach763 on 8-18-02 10:48P]

I see we have a Lebanon fan here. Well, I definitely think the Air Bears will stomp Lebanon, how many do they have again? A lot of people are underestimating MJ and they will be surprised to see how well they do this year.

Actually, I am not a fan of either AND Lebanon runs a lot of "Fun & Gun" also...........This might be the longest game of the season. Could be the "Battle for the Bottom" :x

Guest BluSdime

I doubt that will be a battle for the bottom. Try a battle against the bottom, that we'll most likely be won for the Bears. Not sure if they can pull off the other needed wins for the playoffs, but it's possible.

I don't know if the golden bears are good enough to be ranked in the top 15, but I do know they will suprise a few of their opponents this year. With Zac White at the helm and Curtis Grah and Chris Humes in the backfield Mt. Juliet will have a chance at the playoffs this year. When you have someone has electrifying as #15 as your QB throwing it to #s 16 and 4 then you're sure to have a winning season.

Guest BluSdime

MJ got handed a surprise against Beech. However, the players knew going into the matchup that the starters were only going to play a certain amount. They didn't play with the intensity they needed to keep up with a team like Beech and then got murdered even more once all the subbing started. Hopefully, things will be different in the season.

M.J. IS NOT A POWER. THEY ARE NOT A TOP 15 TEAM. BUT THEY ARE A GOOD GROUP OF YOUNG MEN THAT ARE GOING TO GET AFTER SOME PEOPLE! I THINK THEY HAVE A GOOD CHANCE TO WIN FOUR OR FIVE GAMES. FOR A FIRST YEAR COACH AND A RE-BUILDING PROGRAM, TO WIN FOUR WOULD BE SWEET! I LUV THE BEARS AND I PLAYED AT M.J.I HAVE A SON THAT PLAYS THERE NOW BUT TO GET REAL,TO MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS IN THIS REGION??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

LUV YA BEARS - GO GET-EM

Posted by VOLMAN5214:

M.J. IS NOT A POWER. THEY ARE NOT A TOP 15 TEAM. BUT THEY ARE A GOOD GROUP OF YOUNG MEN THAT ARE GOING TO GET AFTER SOME PEOPLE! I THINK THEY HAVE A GOOD CHANCE TO WIN FOUR OR FIVE GAMES. FOR A FIRST YEAR COACH AND A RE-BUILDING PROGRAM, TO WIN FOUR WOULD BE SWEET! I LUV THE BEARS AND I PLAYED AT M.J.I HAVE A SON THAT PLAYS THERE NOW BUT TO GET REAL,TO MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS IN THIS REGION??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

LUV YA BEARS - GO GET-EM

Sorry Volman, but winning even 3 may be tough.......Let's see Wilson Central--best chance, McGavock--maybe, Hendersonville--slight chance, Smyrna--NO, Columbia--NO, Lebanon--no, Blackman--no, Lavergne--NO, Riverdale--NO, Oakland--NO. Only thing in their favor is the schedule.......easier teams are first. My problem with MJ is offense.......lot of passing is OK if you can dominate on "D" and I'm not sure they can. 5A and 4A are alwaysalways won by run-oriented teams. I still have to be convinced that you can win at these levels with pass-oriented "O". :rolleyes:

Guest BluSdime

Coach763, I know MJ isn't going to be upsetting people left and right. I still think you should remove Lebanon, Smyrna, and Lavergne to your "Maybe" or "Slight Chance" list. Besides MJ has been running the ball the last years and have only done well once with Boche. That same team had Charles Shannon (QB will great mobility) but didn't have the throwing capabilities of this team. If the defense can step up, MJ could wear some teams out and catch them offguard.

Blu, I Certainly hope kids like Z White, Grah, Z King, and Humes, along with their new head coach, can turn that program around. I really hate to see those kids, as hard as they work, play for a less than average football team. They are however, in the toughest region in the state, with that in mind, maybe an opponent or two may take MJ for granted and lay down. At best, MJ goes 4-6. I hate it, but I think they need another calender year, drop to 4-A and then they'll be more competitive.

Posted by scarto:

Blu, I Certainly hope kids like Z White, Grah, Z King, and Humes, along with their new head coach, can turn that program around. I really hate to see those kids, as hard as they work, play for a less than average football team. They are however, in the toughest region in the state, with that in mind, maybe an opponent or two may take MJ for granted and lay down. At best, MJ goes 4-6. I hate it, but I think they need another calender year, drop to 4-A and then they'll be more competitive.

You may not like what see in that particular 4A league :(