Greeneville's New Football Conference

WGRV

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville has been assigned to District 2 with South Greene, Chuckey Doak, West Greene, Grainger County, Cumberland Gap, and Claiborne. For more details, visit GreeneCountyFootball.com

This is unfortunate. However, I was glad to see that they will have 4 non-conference games instead of 3. Hopefully they will schedule some better teams.

This is unfortunate. However, I was glad to see that they will have 4 non-conference games instead of 3. Hopefully they will schedule some better teams.

I believe we'll see Jeff County and Sullivan South according to the Greeneville AD...I'd like to see at least 1 Morristown school and perhaps an out-of state opponent.

GHS could have controlled it, they chose to move down, not forced to. Now everyone gets to listen to GHS whine about how they have no competition in such a weak region and how they hope to schedule some tough non-confrence games to stay sharp for the play-offs. Everyone knows why they moved down, they think they will win state in our weak little class. They bought a coach, a turf and now they think they can buy a state championship. I think they would encounter a few bumps in the road like ALCOA & MARYVILLE and several others who would challenge them!! I seriously doubt either team would worry too much about the new kids on the block! Good luck to the teams who will be the stepping stones for GHS's road to glory next year and I hope everyone of you smokes them. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Greeneville is 4A and Alcoa is 3A and Maryville is 6A so Greeneville won't be running into either of them. Most of the 4A power is in the Chattanooga area.

It sounds to me like you're the one whinning. GHS will have to work hard to make it to the playoffs just as they do now. Granted, the district itself may not be as challenging as before. GHS will take serious each team it will face in 2009 because they will of course be the big dog. It kind of sounds good doesn't it?

GHS could have controlled it, they chose to move down, not forced to. Now everyone gets to listen to GHS whine about how they have no competition in such a weak region and how they hope to schedule some tough non-confrence games to stay sharp for the play-offs. Everyone knows why they moved down, they think they will win state in our weak little class. They bought a coach, a turf and now they think they can buy a state championship. I think they would encounter a few bumps in the road like ALCOA & MARYVILLE and several others who would challenge them!! I seriously doubt either team would worry too much about the new kids on the block! Good luck to the teams who will be the stepping stones for GHS's road to glory next year and I hope everyone of you smokes them. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

First Greeneville never moved down they chose to stay in the division that they were put in. Ever since 1992 they have chose to play up and now they choose to stay in 4A. Greeneville wont face anyone worth playing in 4a until the semi-finals when they face a team like Knox Fulton. Whats wrong with thinking you can win a state title? I would bet if we played 3A ball in 2002 and in 1998 we would have 2 state titles. Greeneville has always competed with schools twice their size and now get to play schools their size. I knew since Greenville stayed in 4a this year there would be alot of people upset expecially the county schools.

Wait until they see their gate money fall off as fast as it will. Who is going to pay to see the Greene Satans play the county schools and the others in the new conference. Most of those schools won't be able to sit too many people in their stands after the Greeneville band takes a seat! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Wait until they see their gate money fall off as fast as it will. Who is going to pay to see the Greene Satans play the county schools and the others in the new conference. Most of those schools won't be able to sit too many people in their stands after the Greeneville band takes a seat! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

As I recall, in the past years when GHS has played the county schools the crowds were really good.

Well, I guess we'll just have to get our "investors" to kick a little over to the county schools for visitors stands so our big'ol band will have a place to sit.

Well, I guess we'll just have to get our "investors" to kick a little over to the county schools for visitors stands so our big'ol band will have a place to sit.

Could you get them each a rug to play on so the Greenies won't have to get their uniforms dirty while you are at it? Maybe a few pay-per-view games would help the income as well!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />