Henry County and Melrose

Red Dawn

From what i saw from last friday nites game , not only did the players come out tight or sluggish, but the coaches i think were trying to out think themselves instead of doing what has worked all year for them. This happened last year in the playoffs as well. I know that the other team has seen film on us but do we go against our strengths if they can't stop us ! In the players defense ( and i do not have a relative playing ) they were starting a different lineup on the OL and that may have thrown them off a little but after the regular starters got in there they seemed to settle down and execute as they have all season. I give coach Gaddis credit or whoever the coach was for using # 3 as the punter, as you have so many options when he is doing the punting, plus if the return man was to break it we would have our fastest player back ther to tackle him. Maybe he will have some more surprises this week for Melrose. I certainly hope so as i will be there at Orange Mound friday nite to cheer on the BIG RED MACHINE !!!!!!!!!

I didnt see us do anything that was different except we had to punt early and got behind. We had a few injuries that caused us to play a few different people.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Advisor, I'll never go to Orange Mound unless my team is competing there, lol... It's not a "fun" place to watch a football game. The atmosphere will be unbelievable, I know that! I went down there about 10-11 years ago. Gibson Co. played Melrose in the first round of the playoffs! It was my brothers SR. year and I was about 9 years old. I remember it like it was yesterday. That place would be ROCKIN' when they scored a TD. I'll bet you can't guess who won that game based on tradition, lol. Anyways, have a safe trip down to Memphis and hopefully come away with a HUGE W. I think if ya'll make it to play Hillsboro or the other team, I might make the trip with ya'll on that one! Good Luck!!!!!!

I think the orange mound might be the funnest place I have ever been to watch a football game. If it was closer I would go more often. Whats not fun about it? Their fans are great. our fans are great. The food is great. The atmosphere is electric.

Guest Advisor

Sorry Advisor, I'll never go to Orange Mound unless my team is competing there, lol... It's not a "fun" place to watch a football game. The atmosphere will be unbelievable, I know that! I went down there about 10-11 years ago. Gibson Co. played Melrose in the first round of the playoffs! It was my brothers SR. year and I was about 9 years old. I remember it like it was yesterday. That place would be ROCKIN' when they scored a TD. I'll bet you can't guess who won that game based on tradition, lol. Anyways, have a safe trip down to Memphis and hopefully come away with a HUGE W. I think if ya'll make it to play Hillsboro or the other team, I might make the trip with ya'll on that one! Good Luck!!!!!!

GCPioneer, you should load up and go with us Friday! I think the citizens of Orange Mound, for the most part, love when Henry Countians visit their neighborhood! Plus, it's a fun place to win!! We learned that 2 years ago! Last time we visited, it was just an absolutely awesome place to watch a high school football game! By the way, sounds like you GCers got an awesome girls basketball team. Their talent was on display in Paris Tuesday night! Congrats and good luck on your season!! But, if things go well Friday, we'll look for you next week!

Well Patriot fans, I once again spoke with the ol' fearless one (the AD) and he informed me that there are now ONLY 8 seats left on the Big Red Power Wagons headed for Melrose. IF there are 8 more fans out there wanting to ride, you had better speak up! Call Abbotts Print Shop tomorrow morning!!! Also, if you are one of the many slackers who haven't paid yet, once the buses are full and there becomes overflow passengers waiting, those with the $$$ will get a seat and those who haven't paid will get punted off! Pay up BIG RED!! It's about time to pull out! I'll see yall Friday at Patriot Stadium! GO BIG RED!! BIG RED PWR!!

bought and paid for! i'm ready to go!!!

Can this week go by any slower. This is horrible. It just needs to skip to friday.

time does go by...soooo slowly. unfortunately i have another project due tomorrow (after the one today) and an article critique by friday. URGH! @ things getting in the way of a good time!

i'm already nervous with anticipation. LET'S ROLL!!!

From what i saw from last friday nites game , not only did the players come out tight or sluggish, but the coaches i think were trying to out think themselves instead of doing what has worked all year for them. This happened last year in the playoffs as well. I know that the other team has seen film on us but do we go against our strengths if they can't stop us ! In the players defense ( and i do not have a relative playing ) they were starting a different lineup on the OL and that may have thrown them off a little but after the regular starters got in there they seemed to settle down and execute as they have all season. I give coach Gaddis credit or whoever the coach was for using # 3 as the punter, as you have so many options when he is doing the punting, plus if the return man was to break it we would have our fastest player back ther to tackle him. Maybe he will have some more surprises this week for Melrose. I certainly hope so as i will be there at Orange Mound friday nite to cheer on the BIG RED MACHINE !!!!!!!!!

You want to see some more surprises but you also want to see the Patriots doing what has worked all season, the coaches are alreayd out thinking themselves and you want them to come up with more gadgets. 12-0 and no one has been close, and as soon as the Patriots are down 7-0, the coaches are out thinking themselves, HMMMMMM. For what ever reason you give for the Patriots excellence this season, you must realize that other teams are capable of playing well and causing problems for the Patriots, when great players line up against great players, it is not always going to be 48-0 at half. #44 for Fairley was one of the best players that has lined up against the Patriots all season.

Did you go to the same game I went to last week? What in the world are you talking about? What did your "suddenly stupid and over-thinking" coaches do differently? Why don't you spell it out, instead of making a general statement? What "over-thinking" did your "playoff-dumb" coaches do in the playoffs last year? How many playoff games have these playoff-dumb coaches won in the last few years? How many playoff games had HC won in the few years before these coaches got here? You are a piece of work! Fans like you are part of the reason I am glad to be out of coaching. You think you know something, but you obviously know NOTHING!

Guest Advisor

Dude........just don't post anything else until Monday!! Nobody wants or needs to hear you!

Out Think ones self? HHMMM. Is that a kin to Out Drink ones self or Out Eat ones self or Out Sleep ones self? If so, I plan to attempt all 3 during the Turkey Day Holidays. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Hope myself can keep up with me!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO PATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you go to the same game I went to last week? What in the world are you talking about? What did your "suddenly stupid and over-thinking" coaches do differently? Why don't you spell it out, instead of making a general statement? What "over-thinking" did your "playoff-dumb" coaches do in the playoffs last year? How many playoff games have these playoff-dumb coaches won in the last few years? How many playoff games had HC won in the few years before these coaches got here? You are a piece of work! Fans like you are part of the reason I am glad to be out of coaching. You think you know something, but you obviously know NOTHING!

AMEN Red one!!! There were a few changes but if I"m not mistaken because of injuries. People are so ignorant!

This YANKER is amused to read your thread...and find that nothing has changed in Henryland. Is "team mom" back under a different name????? I love our new coach, but the coaches that you are not happy with at HC (the playoff dumb ones)...please send to JCM!!! Now for the moment you have all waited on...HC 30-Melrose 13....I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!