BA vs MUS

singlewing

BA isn't good and doesn't desrve to be there

This is an idiotic statement if there ever was one. They beat the teams they needed to beat to make it to this game. If Ensworth deserved to be in this game, they would be. However, they LOST a game that the HAD to win to make it to this game. They lost it to BA, who does deserve to be here. It isn't the BCS where you can whine about who should have been here. The two teams in this game did it by virtue of doing what needed to be done. The rest of the teams in DII did not. Period.

That being said. They lost to Ryan who isn't very good, but they also beat Ensworth who was good. So what does that mean? you can't bring up the Ryan loss and not mention the Ensworth win. You might as well talk about the 15-0 Patriots, oh wait, that was 15-1.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA's offense is not built for comebacks of this margin. Hats off to them if they are.

When the "Best in State" threads start in a couple of weeks, MUS's resume will be hard to beat at this rate (yes, that includes you know who).

Well , maybe seeing as how MUS scraped by Melrose by the skin of their teeth ( 13-12 ), and Melrose couldn't even make it to the final 4 in little ol 4A , maybe we could also say DII was really down this year . Just when Brandon100 has me feeling sorry for you guys for having to play on a Tuesday , ya gotta start with this crap before the games even over . Maybe the guys from DI would be a little more sympathetic to your cause if it wasn't for you guys always wanting to state your superiority over teams you don't even play .

Well , maybe seeing as how MUS scraped by Melrose by the skin of their teeth ( 13-12 ), and Melrose couldn't even make it to the final 4 in little ol 4A , maybe we could also say DII was really down this year . Just when Brandon100 has me feeling sorry for you guys for having to play on a Tuesday , ya gotta start with this crap before the games even over . Maybe the guys from DI would be a little more sympathetic to your cause if it wasn't for you guys always wanting to state your superiority over teams you don't even play .

I was actually referring to the 5A champs. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Of course, If Ooltewah wins it all (yes, I know who their lone loss was against this season)....

Seriously though, the post was not meant as disrespect to anyone else. MUS's resume will include wins over Olive Branch (a team that played South Panola to a similar margin) and routs over MBA and BA. With all due respect to other future 2008 champs (and yes, they are worthy of respect), wouldn't you concede that it will be difficult for another team to have as impressive of a resume?

MUS has won 3 state championships in 5 years. Ensworth has never accomplished anything but win some regular season games and have a bunch of delusional fans who fuel their hype machine. Maybe Ensworth can piece together their overhyped, overrated team and get a shot at MUS next year...thats right for Ensworth its next year bc they couldnt cut it against a bad team in your own words.

I will say that im very impressed with MUS. Big turn around after last year when they got knocked outta the first round by Father Ryan very impressive.

Hillsboro scrimmage both Ensworth and BA and Ensworth put up a way better fight, yes i know a scrimm doesnt tell much but whatever say what u want.

I think MUS could beat Ensworth I just think that would be a VERY good game and it'd be a close game starting the 4th qtr

MUS would have owned Ensworth just like all the other Nashville teams.

I guess all that talk about humility on the MBA/MUS thread fell on deaf ears...

MUS is getting plenty of credit from its rivals, and yet you still have to twist the knife.

Just show up in MUS's off years - that's all most would want. They've had them, and nary a MUS fan was around on these boards when that was occurring. It's easy to show up when things are good.

I was actually referring to the 5A champs. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Of course, If Ooltewah wins it all (yes, I know who their lone loss was against this season)....

Seriously though, the post was not meant as disrespect to anyone else. MUS's resume will include wins over Olive Branch (a team that played South Panola to a similar margin) and routs over MBA and BA. With all due respect to other future 2008 champs (and yes, they are worthy of respect), wouldn't you concede that it will be difficult for another team to have as impressive of a resume?

I just hope Maryville can win this week , and win again the next . I don't see any reason to try to downplay any state champion's accomplishments by saying ones better than the other when they won't even play . Congratulations to MUS , They are a worthy Champion , no doubt