2009 Whitwell Football Schedule

WARBOSS

No senior class and 1/2 junior class this year. I've not seen their schedule yet but I would say they don't loose a game in 1A- 2A until deep in the play-offs. When you have good players, good coaches and out number your opponents 2 to 1 and 3 to 1 its a deadly combo.

Our JV played them and yes they were a great JV team but they were essentially a varsity team (practice and game scheming wise and with Juniors playing too) playing a JV schedule. JV teams are scout teams with 3rd team players in practice and get very little work as a team. With a week of practice (especially special teams) our JV would have beaten them by 2 or 3 TDs. Our varsity would have beaten them by 50. They will be good at some point but next year against all varsity teams it will be a little different for them. So I'll take that bet

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our JV played them and yes they were a great JV team but they were essentially a varsity team (practice and game scheming wise and with Juniors playing too) playing a JV schedule. JV teams are scout teams with 3rd team players in practice and get very little work as a team. With a week of practice (especially special teams) our JV would have beaten them by 2 or 3 TDs. Our varsity would have beaten them by 50. They will be good at some point but next year against all varsity teams it will be a little different for them. So I'll take that bet

zonepirate I hope your right. I just listen to people talk around town and it does not sound good.