WARBOSS

Sorry that I haven't been paying attention guys. Didn't know the subject was up and just for MrNoitAll....I didn't lock any threads.

Solutions...I'd prefer we turn back time and never have allowed Chris Pickett to get away during the Great Coming of Ken Colquette #1. See Colquette lied all during that little fiasco. He never intended to come to Grundy then. He was just using us to get more money out of Vidalia. He boldly admitted this to Chris and his brother Greg one night in Jasper during all the talk and news reports. I believe the quote Greg has given me a couple of times goes something like this.....

"Boys I'm in trouble. I'm broke and I've got caught in an affair. I need $10,000 more than Vidalia is offering and ___ _____ and Grundy County are the only ones I know dumb enough to offer me $80,000 to coach football. When they do Vidalia is going to offer me $85,000 and I'm going there. It's nothing personal boys. Just business." - the Great KC. Don't believe me? Call Greg Pickett and ask him.

So he goes to Georgia and Pic feels crapped on by the home folk and takes a job in Cookeville. Then we get Sid Fritts for a year. For some strange reason Sid thinks his ultimate goal in life is to work with Kenny so he leaves after a year. I've since heard he found out his goal wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Then we turn to a member of the family Greg Brewer and he goes to work rebuilding. And what reward does he get after 3 years and taking that team to the second round in the third year? Replaced by the Great Coming of Ken Colquette #2. Yea! Ain't we lucky!

2.5 years into Kenny's run he starts talking about retiring. So we sold the farm giving him and his wife FIVE titles and over $100,000 a year between them and he's going to hang it up after 2.5 years? He did hang it up after four years because his gutless behind didn't want to coach in a 9 team region instead of a 5 team region where a dead coach could make the playoffs.

But of course he's still principal and AD after he hangs it up. And he can't stay out of a coach's way. Several of us fight for Greg Brewer to return to the job much to Kenny's dismay and Brew gets it. But it's a hard road for any coach at the school with Kenny in charge of the school and athletics.

Brew fights the nonsense and keeps it 2 years and then we have the we have the chance to bring Pic home. Thank God we did because we wouldn't have had any time with him before he was taken.

Then there's major debates on who to replace Pic. We have lots of applicants including inside and out. Had Kenny been gone and some board members been gone that are now I would have fought tooth and nail for my brother (Tommy "Scooby" Andrews) to get the job. He's been an assistant for 11 years at that point and he deserves his shot. I also know full well he can do it. But the time isn't right and we go outside. Jim knows full well he wasn't my first choice. My first choice wasn't the director's first choice which also wasn't Jim. I'm surprised Jim took it in that aspect because I would have been insulted if it was me to be down the list.

Jim has been nothing but cool with me. I don't understand a lot of the things he's done this year but you know what? I figured out after the 1988 season as head coach of the Junior Jackets that I was no coach. So I try to remember that when I start second guessing coaches. That year was so bad for me I joined the ARMY!!

So I guess I said all of that to say this. The biggest problem at Grundy County High School and the first part of any solutions in fixing athletics and the totally apathetic atmosphere there is to FIRE KEN COLQUETTE. He has more than proven to be the worst of principal and AD we've ever had. (But at least he's not AD now...but he still butts in too much.) Nothing....NOTHING will get better at GCHS until Kenny is gone. And I'm tired of tap dancing around the situation to avoid upsetting the chance that he's going back to Marion next year as their principal. You folks in Jasper do that any you're nuts! Plus you should understand by now that you don't need him back to fix your football team. Troy and his crew have the train on track again. (Congrats btw to the Warrior nation)

After Kenny is gone then you must remove some influences in the community over the school and the athletic programs. I frankly have no clue why these so called boosters and good ole boys have the influence anyway. What have they done? What money have they given? I'd bet a C note that I have given more money over the years than MG, JWG, BC and several more. I also know for a fact I've given more time. And my son is only 12 and may never play football again after last year.

Can Jim bring us back? I don't know but I'm still willing to give him a chance. I'd also understand if he cut and ran because this place is nuts or if he left to go home if the chance occurs.

Bottom line is removing Colquette. After that a lot of the decisions will be much easier to figure out. And we don't need to wait until the end of this school year to do it. He needs to go Monday or at the Christmas break. We have a very capable assistant principal that I'm sure can handle the job right now. So lets make the move and start figuring out the rest of it as soon as possible.

FYI, I will email CoachT as soon as I make this post so he can review it and determine if it's fit for the board. It may not be but you folks were dumb enough to ask my opinion and I'm too tired of the mess to hold back and too sick right now to hold back either.

David Lowrie.

David why don't u say what u really feel...lol u know how i feel......i don't understand why u would try so hard to get him there and then start cutting his throat when he got there. Some people may feel the same way about u?? Ken is a friend and I get so tired of u bashing him on here...u have him so misunderstood. if it isn't meat and gravy to u then it should go or leave....right??? I wish he would leave to just get away from u crazys up there!! Nobody likes to get bashed on here ...believe me. U have stood up for me on here and I appreciate it.....but please quit bashing Ken..go tell him to his face?? Probably shouldn't post this but?? I have nothing personal against u but just wish u would leave him alone.

Announcements