Montgomery Central..what's up with Football?

Yale Formation

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that coach southerland is very interested in the position. He is coaching at Christian County as a defensive backs coach, and they are playing in the quarter finals this week. He coached at Northwest and Northeast, but was not given the position at Northeast and went to Kentucky. Maybe he could be a positive change.

What about Kelly Myers or Todd Hodd or Ted Macaslin?

The MCHS job is going to take someone VERY, VERY energetic, someone with VERY, VERY thick skin, someone with ties to situations where athletics are an afterthought. They need to know right up front what they are in for. The administration needs to be COMPLETELY honest with their applicants and not try to blow smoke up their tails. This job is more of a nightmare and and less a fairytale. BUT.....it can be turned around in time. Good luck to whoever wants the challenge, or whoever MCHS hires. Whoever wants the job, needs to talk to Coach Ray first before accepting. Coach Ray loves MCHS and would be very honest with the applicants. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have driven by the school many times, but because of this thread I decided to stop by this weekend and look at the stadium for the first time.

The baseball and softball stadiums and fields look very nice and look relatively new.

The football facilities look like they belong at a single A school. I have seen many stadiums and it was by far the smallest high school stadium I have ever seen. The stadium/field actually looks like they belong at a middle school---it was as big as both of the stadiums where I played little league football. Not having a track also makes the facilities look smaller, as well. I dont see any way at all they could support a big playoff game crowd.

Not much room on the sidelines...and no way you could run a fade on the right side of the endzone, scoreboard side. The field was very, very bumpy with 2-3 foot wide holes in spots (it was much like your typical practice field)...needs to be rolled out, aerated and topdressed badly.

Overall, the facilities (other than the visitors bleachers) looked liked they have not been improved on much since it was first built.

Hopefully you guys can get some excitement stirred up about the football program and that would eventually lead to upgrades with the football facilities. Maybe a change in your Region will help as well!

Heard that coach southerland is very interested in the position. He is coaching at Christian County as a defensive backs coach, and they are playing in the quarter finals this week. He coached at Northwest and Northeast, but was not given the position at Northeast and went to Kentucky. Maybe he could be a positive change.

What about Kelly Myers or Todd Hodd or Ted Macaslin?

I think Coach Southerland would be a great addition to MCHS. He would definitely bring enthusiasm to the team. I don't know if Coach Myers would be allowed back into Montgomery county school system. Coach Hood had a bad experience over at NW and why would he want to leave Fort Campbell for MCHS. He would be a good one over there.

Coach Macaslin is the one who should get it and should have Coach Southerland as his OC. That would be a great pair coaching over there.

montgomery central has talent. i played for all the undefeated jb teams and we scrimmaged montgomery central every year adn whooped em. i never faced anyone there that wasn't good. not having a weight room is the number one reason for a lack of success. the second is coaching. if you have a great coach with college experience you get a great team. and with success come investment. jb started doing VERY well in 05 and this year they got new 60 thousand dollar bleachers. im now playing college ball and success not only breeds success but funding as well.

I think Coach Southerland would be a great addition to MCHS. He would definitely bring enthusiasm to the team. I don't know if Coach Myers would be allowed back into Montgomery county school system. Coach Hood had a bad experience over at NW and why would he want to leave Fort Campbell for MCHS. He would be a good one over there.

Coach Macaslin is the one who should get it and should have Coach Southerland as his OC. That would be a great pair coaching over there.

macdaddy?