Cannon county football

BigPun

I am sure the sophs were part of a great team but, if I am not mistaken there was a team or two that went undefeated back in the day. I believe David Wilson was part of that team.

I can say however it sounds like weight training may be helping things down there. Just curious I am a long time fan.

Some one might ask Glenn Rhoads what it takes to win at CCHS his short stint was very successful

ok i didnt know that.. but the o line will be a big concern this year but maybe we can find some people to take care of the job

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk but he better get things working this next year /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> and the sophmores coming up were part of the best middle school team that cc has ever had so maybe thats a good sign

I like coach Bartch's philosopy and the fast offense, but it just didn't seem like he got the ball in playmakers hands this year. I hope CCHS continues to improve and coach Bartch instills his system in the group coming before or if he decides to tke another job. Cannon Co. has been down for a long time and there is finally a lot of excitement for the football program again and i believe more than anything that some coaching consistency in all of CCHS athletics will make a difference. When coaches don't come to CCHS looking to leave after 2 or 3 seasons thats when i think success will come. Some opportunities are hard to pass up, that is why Barger left family decision can't blame him, but sometimes coaches leave for jobs at smaller schools. And perhaps Coach Bartsch was under a lot of pressure to win this year, but lets give him time to firmly get his system in and learn the new region and hope that he stays and the program has lots of success.

I like coach Bartch's philosopy and the fast offense, but it just didn't seem like he got the ball in playmakers hands this year. I hope CCHS continues to improve and coach Bartch instills his system in the group coming before or if he decides to tke another job. Cannon Co. has been down for a long time and there is finally a lot of excitement for the football program again and i believe more than anything that some coaching consistency in all of CCHS athletics will make a difference. When coaches don't come to CCHS looking to leave after 2 or 3 seasons thats when i think success will come. Some opportunities are hard to pass up, that is why Barger left family decision can't blame him, but sometimes coaches leave for jobs at smaller schools. And perhaps Coach Bartsch was under a lot of pressure to win this year, but lets give him time to firmly get his system in and learn the new region and hope that he stays and the program has lots of success.

I like coach Bartch's philosopy and the fast offense, but it just didn't seem like he got the ball in playmakers hands this year.

That just seems like an odd statement to me... You like the philosophy of not getting the ball in the playmakers hands???

I think Bartch might need to talk to Rigsby and try to get some of those fast Sophs to play football as well. Everyone knows that their odds of getting a B ball ride are small because they are but with their speed they might get a ride to play football, I am sure they could play corner and help out alot that would free up other athletes and it would look good for both coaches to work together to promote both sports, ya Cannon is a basketball school (girls) but, it doesnt have to be. Their is talent and size there the problem is most of it is walking down the hall way and not playing. SUPPORT

You guys ever heard of Tony Harris, I believe he was a play maker???? If you look at what Bartch did with the players he had you have to say it was a successful season... Melvin hurt most of the year, Cameron had surgury at season's end (play injured all year) losing Dakota a few games and the rest of the players with injuries.... not a bad season.

Bartch dug himself a hole with the fans attempting all those onside kicks, IMO he put to much pressure on his defense with this strategy...But for his first time as a head coach, give him credit it was a good season with exception of the Smith game... I look forward to next season.....

Wildcat have you heard from poindexter44 lately??? did he change is screen name?

I havent seen him or heard from him since football season was over.

You guys ever heard of Tony Harris, I believe he was a play maker???? If you look at what Bartch did with the players he had you have to say it was a successful season... Melvin hurt most of the year, Cameron had surgury at season's end (play injured all year) losing Dakota a few games and the rest of the players with injuries.... not a bad season.

Bartch dug himself a hole with the fans attempting all those onside kicks, IMO he put to much pressure on his defense with this strategy...But for his first time as a head coach, give him credit it was a good season with exception of the Smith game... I look forward to next season.....

Wildcat have you heard from poindexter44 lately??? did he change is screen name?

I think Bartch did a excellent job considering the injuries to key players ,six seniors that I can think of either missed games or not at 100% all year. Let's look at records ,it took barger three years to achieve a 4-6 season Bartch did that his first year without a healthy Melvin or other key players from the previous year. What CC needs is more parent INVOLVEMENT and SUPPORT for its coach and team and everything else would take care of itself!

Hey spy anything to the rumor that you will be speaking at the football banquet Sat. night ? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

was in town, finally sold the house. would have liked to have had lunch with you. we have been through the personal attacks before so dont start again, especially when you dont have the manhood to say who you are. i think these petty attacks are very childish but i guess thats the way it goes. merry christmas and keep everyone straight in woodbury.

was in town, finally sold the house. would have liked to have had lunch with you. we have been through the personal attacks before so dont start again, especially when you dont have the manhood to say who you are. i think these petty attacks are very childish but i guess thats the way it goes. merry christmas and keep everyone straight in woodbury.

Call your principal and verify. The coach agreed to play, it was going to be a home game- and the principal and AD said 'no'- with the only reason being a possibility that Cannon County might lose. CPA has 325 students and Cannon County has 750. I hear that CPA may have 3 or 4 freshman starting next season. To pull out of the game this late with no real reason is pretty pathetic.

The above tale based on everything I have heard is 100% correct! IMO the principal at Cannon Co (that has never played or coached a down of football) needs to quit micro managing the team. If she wants to coach and schedule the games maybe she needs to be a coach and a AD and not a principal!

Bartsch does have a good philosophy and REAL team concept. As mentioned it does take time to install your own system. Any coach that doesn't get at least 4 years at any school hasn't had justice done by the coach or the kids. I would point out that Oakland used several of Bartsch's freshmen this year on their title run...he knows what he is doing. The BIGGEST problem CC has IMO is that there is little support for a winning football team by the school and/or the community. It seems like the parents would rather complain then do something to support the kids and the program. I would also pick up on a previous post...someone commented about attitude. The attitude and/or culture of losing and being "poor" at CC has to be defeated. There has to be a "CAN DO" attitude installed at CC for it to compete. Moral victories and easy schedules aren't needed at CC nor are uncommitted players!