Cumberland County Jets

Jet Pride

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone will have to focus on fundamentals. The Jets have not blocked or tackled well in recent history. It's also going to take some time for the new coach to come in and establish himself in the school. Whoever it is will most certainly need the support of the parents and community. Hopefully the right person can be found fast...

Someone will have to focus on fundamentals. The Jets have not blocked or tackled well in recent history. It's also going to take some time for the new coach to come in and establish himself in the school. Whoever it is will most certainly need the support of the parents and community. Hopefully the right person can be found fast...

We should find out by the end of the week. If it's who I think it is, blocking & tackling will be a #1 priority; EVERYBODY on the team will block & tackle, I can assure you.

If it's not who I think it is, some school in Florida is going to be extremely lucky.

What type of weight room does Cumberland have? Is it adequate? Power racks?

The weight room is pretty decent. It is not very large, my guess is it is somewhere around 120x30. It is only a few years old. It is equipped with 15-20 power racks like the american fitness models. There is a full set of dumbells and there are bumper weights for cleans and pulls also. There is also three or four leg press racks and 3 glut/ham tables. They also have powerbands and sprinting bungees as well as sleds.

Also they are supposed to be done interviewing soon so they will have a decision to make and I for one am glad they are taking their time with this decision. You want the powers that be to make a good informed decision because the next few years will depend greatly on this. The new coach wont get to teach here until next year anyways so it is not a huge rush since the semister has already started.

As for lifting, I know that Coach Shultz is coaching at stone next year, but is currently teaching at cchs and several of the boys have him for weightlifting and if they will listen to him and work hard they will make great strides. I know for one the year I had him I saw great improvement and was a 300/400/250 after starting the semister at 245/295/215.

Dennis Jeffrey, LEGEND AT SCOTTSBORO CHRISTIAN WILL BE KICKIN #### AND takin names in CUMBERLAND COUNTY NEXT YEAR.....BOOOK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CUMBERLAND COUNTY WILL BECOME JEFFREYLAND COUNTY and all you haters can just count on that cause the nature boy ric flair said so. WOOOOOO

All seriousess, he gets the job by friday afternoon or i stop posting.