Region 4-1A 2009

croz6110

Molander? Yeah he was a real good football player. Undersized but tough as nails. Two years ago they stuck him in at QB for a game or part of a game. (can't remember which) Kid was cat quick. Nobody could get a clean shot at him. And he was a tenacious LB.

And, like you say, both very good kids.

Yeah, I was talking about Molander. I believe his lack of size kept him from playing some Jr. High ball and at least his freshman year in high school.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that the top 2 teams in the region get a playoff spot in their class, and I believe the top team in each playoff class in the district gets a playoff spot. For example, If Gville finishes the best out of the 1A teams, they'd get a spot even if TC and FC are 1st and 2nd.

And, I believe that up to half the teams in each playoff class within the district(Region in our case) can earn a spot.

One thing that I'm not for sure on is if we'll be treated any different since we're competing in a region instead of a district.

Thanks for replying. I am hoping since we are in a region, or "super district" or whatever they are gonna call it, that we get two automatic participants per classification. Don't know that, though. Just wishful thinking. Just when you think you've got something figured out, it gets changed.

Thanks for replying. I am hoping since we are in a region, or "super district" or whatever they are gonna call it, that we get two automatic participants per classification. Don't know that, though. Just wishful thinking. Just when you think you've got something figured out, it gets changed.

I'm like you. I hope we get two automatic berths per playoff class, but I'm not real for sure how it will shake out.

Are you from Clay? If you are can you tell me how many starters they'll return. I know they'll have the one Brown kid back that was a beast.

I'm like you. I hope we get two automatic berths per playoff class, but I'm not real for sure how it will shake out.

Are you from Clay? If you are can you tell me how many starters they'll return. I know they'll have the one Brown kid back that was a beast.

He is a good one, for sure. Got the Herald-Citizen All-Upper Cumberland co-defensive player of the year, and we had six others (all seniors) on that team, too.

Not for sure how many starters will be back. The Dawgs are losing a fine group of seniors, but there will be several key players returning, including two of the top three rushers. Brown will be back in the backfield, as will a freshman who ran for over 500 yards.

He is a good one, for sure. Got the Herald-Citizen All-Upper Cumberland co-defensive player of the year, and we had six others (all seniors) on that team, too.

Not for sure how many starters will be back. The Dawgs are losing a fine group of seniors, but there will be several key players returning, including two of the top three rushers. Brown will be back in the backfield, as will a freshman who ran for over 500 yards.

Brown is a Beast, I was definitely impressed with him this year.

It's looking like Coach Brown has his team getting back to being like some of the teams ya'll had in the 90's.

He has definitely done a fine job up there so far, and I look for them to make it interesting in the region next year.