Boyd Buc 2009

reaction

he has good closing speed once he finds it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Unger did really good in the spring at defensive end and then he started playing there and at middle linebacker during the season. I saw he had a boot on his foot at the last game, you know how he got hurt buc55?

My understanding he broke a bone in his foot or leg during the summer then the night of the Tyner game rolled his ankle on the curb by the locker room. I am not real familiar with him and so of my info is sketchy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding he broke a bone in his foot or leg during the summer then the night of the Tyner game rolled his ankle on the curb by the locker room. I am not real familiar with him and so of my info is sketchy.

I think he broke his thumb during the summer. So him and Trey Johnson in the middle, Who do you think will play at defensive tackle? I was thinking meadows, devin, or hodge?

I think he broke his thumb during the summer. So him and Trey Johnson in the middle, Who do you think will play at defensive tackle? I was thinking meadows, devin, or hodge?

Meadows played ILB and DT. He did well at DE. Needs more speed to play effectively at ILB. Keasler played very well at ILB. He probably will play Outside LB to replace Compton. He has great speed and is very agreesive. The biggest holes to replace will be at both ILB positions. Hard to replace a 4 yr. starter and allstate ILB. Unger will hit the weight room hard this off season and even though he is not very experienced he will do fine in the middle. Just need to see who steps up at the other ILB position. Trey Johnson will have a shot but needs more speed and get more agreesive.

Meadows played ILB and DT. He did well at DE. Needs more speed to play effectively at ILB. Keasler played very well at ILB. He probably will play Outside LB to replace Compton. He has great speed and is very agreesive. The biggest holes to replace will be at both ILB positions. Hard to replace a 4 yr. starter and allstate ILB. Unger will hit the weight room hard this off season and even though he is not very experienced he will do fine in the middle. Just need to see who steps up at the other ILB position. Trey Johnson will have a shot but needs more speed and get more agreesive.

We will miss Seth next year big time. Hey buchead, how do you think defensive tackle will turn out?

We will miss Seth next year big time. Hey buchead, how do you think defensive tackle will turn out?

That is also 2 positions that will be hard to fill with Webster and Davis graduating. Will Hodge, Seth Roy, Devin Caldwell and Big Vinnie will probably be canidates. Maybe Meadows unless he increases his speed to play ILB. I think our defensive line will be good with these guys and Matthew Crowe and Jake Lockart back at DE's. Our defense will be very strong again in 09. Go Bucs!

Who will be the QB next year? Do you think it will be #9? He has good speed but did not fair well vs MC in throwing. I know he was thrown in at the last minute. How good is the freshman/sophomore Clayton Parker at QB, I know he has a strong arm. Also do you think that Reed will get many of reps behind Beasley.

Who will be the QB next year? Do you think it will be #9? He has good speed but did not fair well vs MC in throwing. I know he was thrown in at the last minute. How good is the freshman/sophomore Clayton Parker at QB, I know he has a strong arm. Also do you think that Reed will get many of reps behind Beasley.

A. Crowe will be the starting QB. He will need to work on his passing but he will be fine. He probably will rush for 700 plus. Clayton does have a good arm but still a year away. Beasley will rush for 1500 plus as long as he stays healthy. Rock Hood and Reed will back him up. They will probably get alot of reps in the region games. With our backfield we will definitely be even more fo a rushing offense.

A. Crowe will be the starting QB. He will need to work on his passing but he will be fine. He probably will rush for 700 plus. Clayton does have a good arm but still a year away. Beasley will rush for 1500 plus as long as he stays healthy. Rock Hood and Reed will back him up. They will probably get alot of reps in the region games. With our backfield we will definitely be even more fo a rushing offense.

Beasley will have a monster year. I hope rock dosent have any more setbacks because he showed flashes when he came back from injuries. They need to get chase reed more involved in the return game, you cant teach speed and he has plenty of it. I havent seen anything "special" when crowes throws the ball but he was a great runner and receiver last year.

Beasley will have a monster year. I hope rock dosent have any more setbacks because he showed flashes when he came back from injuries. They need to get chase reed more involved in the return game, you cant teach speed and he has plenty of it. I havent seen anything "special" when crowes throws the ball but he was a great runner and receiver last year.

Maybe with his running ability and a good back field Boyd could run some variation of the option. The spread option play from the shotgun formation that Boyd ran last year should work better with a running QB.

Maybe with his running ability and a good back field Boyd could run some variation of the option. The spread option play from the shotgun formation that Boyd ran last year should work better with a running QB.

The spread option will be very effective with a good running QB.

Hey if we can rush for 300-400 per game, we don't need to throw the ball. However, we do play Red Bank and S. Pitt so we need to mix it up. I think if the coaches really work with Crowe he can be effective throwing. I just wish he would be there for spring practice (baseball)