MOORE CO. vs LEWIS CO.

Whiteshoes

Guest PapaSmurf

You said, "Once a Raider, always a Raider". There must be something wrong wit the Raiders. Because the coach that moved to Lewis Co. has done a great job. He says now that he will be a "PANTHER" til the day he dies. It has been mentioned that Moore Co only won 1 of 3 scrimmages in the fall. Lewis Co won all scrimmages in the fall by 4 td's or more. They also held a preseason Mr. Football nominee to bout 40 yds. But we will just see what happens in ol' Lynchburg tomorrow nite!! Good Luck Panthers!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To Whiteshoes, The people at Marion Co. and Sweetwater did not see the same outcome that you are talking about. I have seen post on here that have different outcomes of those scrimmages. So, who is telling the truth? I was not there so lets hear from some people that was at that scrimmage. Again, Lewis Co. by 40 or more.

Guest MrClean

moore co. talking about laying down. when yall played lewis co.last year it seemed as if yall did the second half and if yall didnt you were not to good.so i think yall did. yall might have won 5 games last year. that doesnt tell me that yall dont give up. moore co. had a good team last they just quit........... lewis co. by 14

well i dunno bout yall but i think lewis will run away with this one. there runnin game is prob. stronger than last year and the passin game for sure is. we have a great full back and well tons of great tail backs and one of the best qb's around. plus we have one of the better linebacking corps ever. so just look out.

I don't Know what you are on but it is not a reality pill! If you think Moore Co. came out on top in the three way held at Marion Co. you got to be crazy. I can show you the film if need be. You are correct that Moore did score one TD. It was on the third play on about a 70 yard TD pass after the Warriors DB fell down in man coverage. The 2 previous plays were both huge loses and Moore did nothing else on Offense even with 12 more plays. Marion by the way scored also once during the first 15 plays and ran out of plays inside the 20 or would have scored again because Moore has not slowed the Warriors down yet. Then when the teams went 10 more plays after the refs left Marion scored again and Moore could not score and the Warriors had there second defensive unit in. Against Sweetwater Moore moved the ball a little better but still lost. I don't want to down the Raiders because I feel they will be a tuff single A team and hard to handle for alot of people. I just want to clear things up because I am tired of hearing some Raider fans talking about how the y beat Marion and Sweetwater in the scrimmage. That is just plain crazy and I will set down and show the film to the non believers since we tape our scrimmages.

lewis co 28

moore co 14

I don't think the homefield advantage will help much. When you are playing the Jr. High in Lynchburg add at least two TDs to Moore Co. because of the officials. But this ain't Jr. High and I don't think Hoenwald will be intimidated. However, Coach Price will have his kids ready they won't be blown out just not enough talent to hang with Lewis Co.

For the record I coach at Lewis Co. and am very familiar with Lynchburg. This will be a great football game. Both teams have great tradition and pride. Matchups like these are why we play the game. I look forward to being in Lynchburg for this one. This is the game to see if you like big hits.

We will be there in a little while. Go Panthers!!!!!

Posted by Whiteshoes:

Blueboy is that your name or what you are drinking! MOORE CO has scrimmagad in a 3 way scoring 1TD to none vs MARION CO and losing 2 to 1 vs SWEETWATER both 2 a schoools also played Ssequatchie Co winning 4td`s to 2also 2a school. So little boyblue your blowing your horn to the wrong tune!!!!!

[Edited by Whiteshoes on 8-22-02 2:20P]

Whiteshoes, I know the coaching staff at Marion and they said the score was 3-1 their favor. As for the Sequatchie score, it was 4-3 you favor because Sequatchie played like crap.

Lets set the record straight, Moore co. is a good team for 1a, that being said, the score between sweetwater and moore was 2-1, but dont let that fool you! The td moore co. scored against sweetwater was their 1st team offense against sweetwaters 3rd team defense (4 fr.) Sweetwater ran 18 plays against moore co. and had 176 yrds, and 2 tds and a 2pt conv. Against sweetwaters 1st and 2nd team defense moore co. ran 15 plays, for 31 yrds. In those 15 plays moore co. was sacked 2 times, stoped on 4th down 2 times, fumbled, and threw an int. This was sweetwaters worst showing in fall scrimmages, the passing game just was'nt clicking that day, but don't exzagerate the results. Good luck to moore co. ;)

[Edited by Swildcat1967 on 8-23-02 11:56P]

ok well i guess moore co.proved no point at all. i think the score was 51-14. man it was a close one. till big #4 started runnin over more co. defenders. i mean he only had 160 yds the 1st quarter. well just thought i would make sure yall knew the score