Mr Football Awards

ParisRiverRat

What an interesting post. Perhaps some people would say that Williams is a showboat. The Tennessean reports that he is a little slow. Though he is listed at 180, I'm not sure this is true, if you are that light and a little slow, maybe the correct back won the award. Anyway if he is a class person as you post, then he would probably disapprove of your post. Williams should make a good Div II back or possibly a great Div III back. Take away those trick plays and guess who wins the state championship. Are you sure he ran over all the defenses this season? I believe it was more like he ran around most of them. And since its reported that he lacks speed, how slow was those defenses you faced all season. If he gains twenty more pounds, maybe that will increase his speed, but I doubt it. Change your handle to LittleRedMachine. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Williams is only a sophomore, so who knows where he will go in 3 years. He is quick and powerful for his size. I am assuming you saw him play plenty of times. As far as the trick plays, they didn't need them. They went for two fourth downs and converted. How is that a trick play? Davidson's wide receiver took one away from Brown in the end zone for a touchdown. Williams had 180 yards rushing. The Tennessean does not watch the smaller schools enough to evaluate. Maybe you should go get a stopwatch and time him for yourself. By the way change your handle to littlepuppydog.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivals quoted Marsalis saying he was very impressed with Kiffin.

this is definitely a positive for Volball, but I know Teague has stated on many occasions that one of his most important determining factors is the scholastic prestige of the school. Out of his most likely choices (combined with their football program), it seems as if Florida will be more to his suiting if he travels down that road.

Williams is only a sophomore, so who knows where he will go in 3 years. He is quick and powerful for his size. I am assuming you saw him play plenty of times. As far as the trick plays, they didn't need them. They went for two fourth downs and converted. How is that a trick play? Davidson's wide receiver took one away from Brown in the end zone for a touchdown. Williams had 180 yards rushing. The Tennessean does not watch the smaller schools enough to evaluate. Maybe you should go get a stopwatch and time him for yourself. By the way change your handle to littlepuppydog.

He's a little slow for his small size. But there is a division for him to play in probably. Did you post 180 rushing or 180 carries. Face it the division is kind of small potatoes. Why didn't he go to JPII or Ryan after attending Catholic schools all those years. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

He's a little slow for his small size. But there is a division for him to play in probably. Did you post 180 rushing or 180 carries. Face it the division is kind of small potatoes. Why didn't he go to JPII or Ryan after attending Catholic schools all those years. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

wow......reading this is wacked out. First Justin is a fine young man. Only a sophomore and the last article that was written about him from the tennessean stated that coach Wade, his head coach, stated his speed is improving every year. how can that get taken out of context?

As for Marlon, in the championship game, he did almost get a couple of taunting penalties tn the second half especially when he scored his last touchdown.....he slowed down to let the Davidson Defender catch him and then stepped across the line. It is what it is. It is on film. Does that show his character? I dont think so.

I meet him at the Mr. Football event and he was very nice. Him and Justin talked some. I was standing at the exit door when Marlon left the room to head back to Memphis. I watched him. He stopped at the door and called Justin's name. He gave a smile and a nice hand gesture. He wished Justin well in the future. I find that to be class.

We have to remember in the heat of a battle anything can take place. Both of those young men desreved to be there. And yes, Justin did blow Marlon out on stats, however, he is the big dog this year and he was a finalist last year. That is the way the system works.

I am hoping that if marlon plays to the level he was at in that 2nd half of the state game.....wow...watch out.

As for Justin, only one or two players off his 8th grade St. Joseph team currently play football for JPII. Not a class of unity you might say. Some now play hockey, some play baseball. They just went different ways.

Paul Wade SPECIALTY is defense. He is also traditionally a running coach and that is what Justin wanted......to run the ball. Can not blame him for that.

DII back or DIII back? wow....that is going out on a limb i might say......he is truely 5-9 and 185.....all muscle....and a hugh threshold for pain. 380 carries states that. I did not know that Boston College was DII or are they DIII? Vanderbilt and Tennessee both I could have swore were DI.......Maybe they all are DII or DIII? I will have to look that up when I have a moment.

Rumor has it Justin's Borther Jordan will be commiting to a High School soon. We will just have to wait and see which one he picks.

The season was great for every child. MUS blew it out, etc.......09 will be even better. Goodluck Marlon. I hope UT gets you. Please.....don't pull a PATRICK TURNER and go to USC.