Tyner 2009

THS7758

Glad to see it's about that time of year again...I might be able to find out the schedule for August also, I will see if I can get it tonight. I run over at the track in the evenings, Coach T and a few others are usually over there.

...Next Friday, 07/31/09, @ Tyner, approx. 5:30pm(ET)...four(4) team scrimmage...Coffee County, McMinn County and TBA...should be a good workout.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see it's about that time of year again...I might be able to find out the schedule for August also, I will see if I can get it tonight. I run over at the track in the evenings, Coach T and a few others are usually over there.

...Next Friday, 07/31/09, @ Tyner, approx. 5:30pm(ET)...four(4) team scrimmage...Coffee County, McMinn County and TBA...should be a good workout.

Thanks for the update...been getting over there later in the evening after everyone has left.

...TBA=Signal Mountain Eagles!!!

...a few more details of the Tyner-Eagle scrimmage...the "RAM" DEFENSE looked good...holding SM to 7 points...SM ran a total of eight(8) offensive series and five(5) were 3-downs and punt ..."RAM" Offense scored 2-TD's on runs of 50 and 60 yards...one interception TD...2-TD's inside the 5-yard line after driving the length of the field...it was a pretty good workout for the 1st scrimmage...still have a lot of work to do and can't evaluate this one(game) against a team that played a JV schedule last year!!!

...As mentioned on the Kingston thread, Tyner won the varsity yesterday 2-0...the Defense did a good job with four(4) interceptions and one(1) fumble rec...#5 RB for the Rams had to have close to 150 yards rushing...other than the two scores, the Rams did drive inside Kingston's 5 yard line(once) but had used the alloted plays and couldn't score...each Offense had the ball only five(5) times...so I guess under the 10-play rules it was ok.

...Tyner scrimmaged Notre Dame @ the old Rossville High Field yesterday...it was hot but the kids seem to be in pretty good shape...the final score: 5-1...the offense looked a lot better than on Tuesday...(the 1st team "D" didn't give up the TD)...the Irish were out-manned, out-played and out-scored...I was surprised that they(Notre Dame) only have about 30(maybe 32) players and are playing in 4A...got to see the 2nd team and they did really good...well next week (Friday) we go to Kingston and Saturday we play Signal Mountain in the jamboree at Finley...I pray that everybody stays healthy for the game against the Owls!!!